KFC introduces hot dog wrapped in fried chicken

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
KFC introduces hot dog wrapped in fried chicken
First posted: Monday, January 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST | Updated: Monday, January 26, 2015 01:32 PM EST
Remember the good old days when KFC made a sandwich and replaced the buns with fried chicken? The company's latest creation may make you yearn for those simpler times.
KFC has introduced the Double Down Dog in some stores in the Philippines.
It's a fried chicken "bun" around a hot dog that's topped with cheese sauce, Uproxx reports.
Online photos of the Double Down Dog show that the chicken has been cooked in the shape of a hot dog bun.
The select KFC locations that sell the Double Down Dog in the Philippines are only able to sell 50 per day, Uproxx reports, but it's not clear why.
In October, KFC in South Korea sold a sandwich with fried chicken buns and a burger patty in the middle. That product hasn't made it to North America.
KFC introduces hot dog wrapped in fried chicken. (Supplied)

KFC introduces hot dog wrapped in fried chicken | Eat | Life | Toronto Sun

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The select KFC locations that sell the Double Down Dog in the Philippines are only able to sell 50 per day, Uproxx reports, but it's not clear why.
Perhaps because it's a frickin' chicken bun hot dog! That's not just gross, it's also evil. The Colonel is evil. 8O

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Perhaps because it's a frickin' chicken bun hot dog! That's not just gross, it's also evil. The Colonel is evil. 8O

You got that right. Eating a wiener with fried chicken is ugly. Should be illegal...

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Is it grown that way or assembled after death?

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is cholesterol listed then I would know how dry of a wine to have with my slab of beef.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Well, I'm not just sure how mustard goes with chicken.:) Otherwise could be pretty tasty.