Appetizing or not? Burger King Japan unveils its black burger

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Appetizing or not? Burger King Japan unveils its black burger
By Meghan Mitchell, QMI Agency
First posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 08:29 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, September 12, 2014 08:46 AM EDT
It’s not quite Halloween, but Burger King appears to be getting a jump on the holiday with its new goth-inspired black burger.
In a press release, Burger King Japan announced the Kuro Pearl and Kuro Diamond burgers would be available in stores beginning September 19, for a limited time.
The creation may be a little off-putting to some, as it features a black bun, black sauce and perhaps the most alarming – black processed cheese.
But this is not the first time the fast-food chain has offered a black burger.
According to The Independent, the Kuro burger was introduced in 2012 but has evolved over the years.
So how does it get its colouring?
The bun and cheese are coloured using bamboo charcoal. And for the sauce? Squid ink.
Burger King Japan is offering its Kuro Pearl and Kuro Diamond burgers for a limited time. (Photo courtesy of Burger King Japan)

Appetizing or not? Burger King Japan unveils its black burger | Eat | Life | Tor

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I sometimes make what I call 'black omelet', made with mature shaggy mane mushrooms, which are in the inky family and actually liquefy into a black mess at the end of their short existence. They're best picked as white buttons, but you get some that are a bit past their prime and while still edible and flavorful they will turn your omelet black. tasty stuff!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
At least the rest of the world is getting a good look at what a sheeple society looks like.

It looks like it's been toasted for far too long.
That's the bun without baking, it's the new Japanese flour.

I sometimes make what I call 'black omelet', made with mature shaggy mane mushrooms, which are in the inky family and actually liquefy into a black mess at the end of their short existence. They're best picked as white buttons, but you get some that are a bit past their prime and while still edible and flavorful they will turn your omelet black. tasty stuff!
I so want to try that, on my next wilderness cookout. Show up with a big plate of that for everybody with their fresh hang-overs. Camera, remember to bring camera.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
At least the rest of the world is getting a good look at what a sheeple society looks like.

That's the bun without baking, it's the new Japanese flour.

I so want to try that, on my next wilderness cookout. Show up with a big plate of that for everybody with their fresh hang-overs. Camera, remember to bring camera.
make sure they're starving... should produce megahootz when they see what you want to feed them. lol

shaggy mane broccolet is good optionally black too

After the main head of broccoli is harvested the plant continues to produce little broccoli heads so you can use up the smaller ones in an omelet with shaggy mane, onion, garlic, celery, green pepper, mozzarella or cheddar. It's nice that foods found at the same time of year tend to complement each other, like strawberry and rhubarb for example, as nature surely intended.