U.K. fuk yea-owww!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
'Spiciest burger in UK" puts two daring reporters in hospital when they try to eat one. "I was in so much pain I was telling people I was dying," reports one

Two journalists were rushed to hospital after carrying out a taste test on a burger believed to be the spiciest in the country.

Arron Hendy and Ruari Barratt, who work for The Argus in Brighton, fell ill after taking just one bite of a XXX Hot Chilli Burger from Burger Off in Hove - which contains sauce hotter than pepper spray and requires a legal disclaimer to eat.

Barratt suffered severe stomach cramps before losing the feeling in his hands.

His eyes even rolled back in his head after tasting the burger, which costs £3.99.

Mr Hendy, assistant news editor at The Argus, suffered similar problems to his colleague, and said he felt like he was dying.

“I was in so much pain I was telling people I felt like I was dying," he told The Argus.

“It’s embarrassing but it felt that bad.If you’re thinking of trying this burger for a dare, just don’t.”

Barratt, who is a trainee reporter, said the effects of the burger made him hyperventilate.

“It was hard to walk. I needed to drink milk to neutralise the burning, which was hard because I was hyperventilating so much my hands had seized up,” he added.

Owner Nick Gamardella believes the sauce is between seven and nine million on the Scoville scale, used to measure spicy food.

Pepper spray is estimated to measure between 500,000 and five million.

more

'I was in so much pain I felt like I was dying': Spicy burger test puts two reporters in hospital - ITV News

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Spiciest burger in UK" puts two daring reporters in hospital when they try to eat one. "I was in so much pain I was telling people I was dying," reports one

Two journalists were rushed to hospital after carrying out a taste test on a burger believed to be the spiciest in the country.

Arron Hendy and Ruari Barratt, who work for The Argus in Brighton, fell ill after taking just one bite of a XXX Hot Chilli Burger from Burger Off in Hove - which contains sauce hotter than pepper spray and requires a legal disclaimer to eat.

Barratt suffered severe stomach cramps before losing the feeling in his hands.

His eyes even rolled back in his head after tasting the burger, which costs £3.99.

Mr Hendy, assistant news editor at The Argus, suffered similar problems to his colleague, and said he felt like he was dying.

“I was in so much pain I was telling people I felt like I was dying," he told The Argus.

“It’s embarrassing but it felt that bad.If you’re thinking of trying this burger for a dare, just don’t.”

Barratt, who is a trainee reporter, said the effects of the burger made him hyperventilate.

“It was hard to walk. I needed to drink milk to neutralise the burning, which was hard because I was hyperventilating so much my hands had seized up,” he added.

Owner Nick Gamardella believes the sauce is between seven and nine million on the Scoville scale, used to measure spicy food.

Pepper spray is estimated to measure between 500,000 and five million.

more

'I was in so much pain I felt like I was dying': Spicy burger test puts two reporters in hospital - ITV News
in related news, luciford orders a whole bunch for the Toronto media. ;)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
That's retarded. Imagine paying for that! I love spicy hot food but its got to be flavourful spicy not just hot.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Fools! I wonder how bad his walking was after the digestive process of that meal was completed...

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Fools! I wonder how bad his walking was after the digestive process of that meal was completed...

I imagine they will have to face the red ring of death.;)

As for me, I am not a fan of the spice. About the hottest items I will eat, and enjoy, are the Angry Whopper from Burger King, Chipolte sauce for my pizza from Subway, and Jalapeno And Cheddar Doritos.