Pizza Tonight

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I just happen to have an empty pizza crust lying around along with some sliced pepperoni and mushrooms. I'll need about three quarters of a pound of Mozzarela cheese and 700 ml jar of pizza sauce. I have not all, but most of the extras like onions, black olives, etc. Tonight, I just have to feed me. If the pizza isn't perfect, the beer will be......:lol:

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I just happen to have an empty pizza crust lying around along with some sliced pepperoni and mushrooms. I'll need about three quarters of a pound of Mozzerola cheese and 700 ml jar of pizza sauce. I have not all, but most of the extras like onions, black olives, etc. Tonight, I just have to feed me. If the pizza isn't perfect, the beer will be......:lol:

glug glug luck with that., enjoy your dinner, i've never made a pizza, i'll have to try it sometime, I like lots of veggies along
with the meat and cheese and mushrooms, and a bit of fetta cheese added is nice too, so by the time I
order all the extras the price is too high, so I don't eat pizza much.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
glug glug luck with that., enjoy your dinner, i've never made a pizza, i'll have to try it sometime, I like lots of veggies along
with the meat and cheese and mushrooms, and a bit of fetta cheese added is nice too, so by the time I
order all the extras the price is too high, so I don't eat pizza much.

It's super easy to make. My favourite "quick" homemade pizza: I'll use pita bread (a nice thick one) spread on a sundried tomato pesto (instead of traditional pizza sauce) and top with mushrooms, zucchini, black olives, red onions, tomato slices, spinach leaves and top with a little mozarella and crumbled feta. Takes about 12 minutes in the oven at 425.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It's super easy to make. My favourite "quick" homemade pizza: I'll use pita bread (a nice thick one) spread on a sundried tomato pesto (instead of traditional pizza sauce) and top with mushrooms, zucchini, black olives, red onions, tomato slices, spinach leaves and top with a little mozarella and crumbled feta. Takes about 12 minutes in the oven at 425.

If you have a bread maker you can turn out enough pizza dough for two large pizzas in about twenty five minutes. I either make my own pizza sauce or I buy the canned. The toppings are completely optional....whatever you like.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If you have a bread maker you can turn out enough pizza dough for two large pizzas in about twenty five minutes. I either make my own pizza sauce or I buy the canned. The toppings are completely optional....whatever you like.

Yep, I've done that too.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I just happen to have an empty pizza crust lying around along with some sliced pepperoni and mushrooms. I'll need about three quarters of a pound of Mozzarela cheese and 700 ml jar of pizza sauce. I have not all, but most of the extras like onions, black olives, etc. Tonight, I just have to feed me. If the pizza isn't perfect, the beer will be......:lol:

Makes for good artery plugger. -:)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Makes for good artery plugger. -:)

That is not neccessarily the case, I put sixteen thin slices of pepperoni and about 5 ounces of mozzarella cheese on a large pizza. We normally get twelve slices from a large pizza so per slice, it's not that much.....In any case, we don't have pizza that often.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We have a breadmaker that we got for Christmas a few years ago. In the book that came with the breadmaker, there is a recipe for pizza dough. That recipe will turn out pizza shells for three large pizzas and they freeze well. Having a couple frozen pizza shells in the freezer can solve a few meal problems.