What Are You Having For Dinner?

gopher
+1
tamales & baked beans

taxslave
Steak night in camp tonight. For some reason they insist on cooking them ahead and putting a perfectly good steak in a steam tray. Disgusting.

gopher
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Steak night in camp tonight. For some reason they insist on cooking them ahead and putting a perfectly good steak in a steam tray. Disgusting.

Why would they insist on that? By doing so much of the aroma is gone making it less desirable. Makes no sense at all.

JLM
Tossed salad, chicken drumsticks, spuds and green beans.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Where is your camp?

darkbeaver
A dahy ago I ran over the neighbours daog. If you've followed my scriblings you know I have a cook book for domestic pets,.

Nuggler
+2
We had oven cooked frozen fish. I cooked. Kind of a salad thing I just tossed together also. was shltty, but my wife said it was good. just bless her to bits, eh. Pan fried canned sliced potatoes. My specialty.

Tomorrow it's shake and bake chicken breasts with mashed potatoes and corn niblets.
Donuts for dessert.

Arthritis paid my wife a nasty call last week, so she gets a break.............long as the wood gets split on time. , the cows get milked, and pigs slopped.

Hey, I'm washing up and putting away too.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

We had oven cooked frozen fish. I cooked. Kind of a salad thing I just tossed together also. was shltty, but my wife said it was good. just bless her to bits, eh. Pan fried canned sliced potatoes. My specialty.

Tomorrow it's shake and bake chicken breasts with mashed potatoes and corn niblets.
Donuts for dessert.

Arthritis paid my wife a nasty call last week, so she gets a break.............long as the wood gets split on time. , the cows get milked, and pigs slopped.

Hey, I'm washing up and putting away too.

yOU CRACK ME EVERYTIME, LOVE db

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Tossed salad, chicken drumsticks, spuds and green beans.

Where is your camp?

Kitamat. About 1600 man camp

Nuggler
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

yOU CRACK ME EVERYTIME, LOVE db

Love db. ? Lets just be friends.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

Love db. ? Lets just be friends.

sweet , have you got any beer? We are friends ain'tm we?

Ludlow
I was going to make my famous lasagna this evening but , I developed a strong sense of laziness and threw some tostadas together.

Sal
went to a new pizza place tonight called Famosa...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh my............lovely, lovely pizza...super impressed (for pizza)

Waterloo | Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria (external - login to view)

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

I developed a strong sense of laziness .

In the hot summer months I'm fairly certain I develop a chronic case of that.

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh my............lovely, lovely pizza...super impressed (for pizza)

A good chef can do some amazing things with pizza.

gopher
+2
beef, rice, spinach soup - flavored with white wine & herbs

strawberry-cherry fruit punch for dessert

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

In the hot summer months I'm fairly certain I develop a chronic case of that.

A good chef can do some amazing things with pizza.

it's the ingredients and the method of baking that make the difference here, sauce and flour are imported from Italy and the oven is 900 and the pizza is cooked in 90 seconds.

the salad was a little salty for me...but I don't eat much processed food so we don't eat a lot of sodium so likely the salad was good for most people.

SLM
+1

it's the ingredients and the method of baking that make the difference here, sauce and flour are imported from Italy and the oven is 900 and the pizza is cooked in 90 seconds.

the salad was a little salty for me...but I don't eat much processed food so we don't eat a lot of sodium so likely the salad was good for most people.

Fresh ingredients, that's what makes the difference. You can tell when it comes out of a can.

Often at home I'll do a quick greek style pizza on a pita bread, using sun dried tomato pesto as a base, top with tomato slices, zuchhini, kalamata olives, red onion, and mixed mozzarella and feta cheese. Pretty delicious and quite healthy I think.

Sal

Fresh ingredients, that's what makes the difference. You can tell when it comes out of a can.

Often at home I'll do a quick greek style pizza on a pita bread, using sun dried tomato pesto as a base, top with tomato slices, zuchhini, kalamata olives, red onion, and mixed mozzarella and feta cheese. Pretty delicious and quite healthy I think.

can't say I'm a fan of olives or feta...they are too salty for me, but most people love them

I prefer goat's cheese which is the same thing without the brine...

it's funny how our tastes change along the way

spaminator
+1

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

I had gelato too...

and of course no need to include the wine...dinner is not dinner without wine

Walter
+2
The wife is busy making French onion soup. She also happens to be barefoot but is too old to be pregnant.

Sal
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

The wife is busy making French onion soup. She also happens to be barefoot but is too old to be pregnant.

glad to hear you can relax then and enjoy the dinner...lol

JLM

The wife is busy making some surprise but I doubt if it's head cheese, so probably something very mediocre!

I had gelato too...

and of course no need to include the wine...dinner is not dinner without wine

Wine would be O.K. if it weren't for the f**Kin' headaches!

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Wine would be O.K. if it weren't for the f**Kin' headaches!

hon, you're supposed to have a glass not a bottle.

Walter

hon, you're supposed to have a glass not a bottle.

There's a difference?

Sal
+1

There's a difference?

k, point taken, some glasses are larger than others

SLM

k, point taken, some glasses are larger than others

Pffft....what an amateur.

Sal

Pffft....what an amateur.

yeah I know, I wouldn't have to get off of the couch either but he has lots of wine stored up over there so he's tolerable

darkbeaver
Bolognese sounds good I'v never tasted it and I got to cook in two days time. The recipe will come in handy.

gopher
+1
chicken & rice soup with onions & white wine & seasonings & tomato paste as added flavoring

wedge of chocolate muffin bread for dessert

JLM
Left overs from last night, ribs, spaghetti, potato salad, rice and vegetables. ( Busy with grand daughter's grad so no time for fancy cookin') -