What Are You Having For Dinner?

gopher
smoked turkey

curried rice

salad

JLM
Hot dogs, beets, beans, perogies, sour cream, tossed salad.

Blackleaf
I don't know what I'm having for my tea (I don't have dinner, just tea).

If I can't be bothered making something I'll probbaly just nip to my local doner kebab shop up at Daubhill and order a load of German shepherd meat with loads of raw red onions, lettuce, tomatoes and spicy sauces in a pocket of pitta bread (a popular dish in Britain, especially on Friday and Saturday nights).

Or I might nip to Ashy's chippy in Daubhill and order fish and chips (they give you loads of chunky chips and two huge fillets of battered fish for just 3.50 or so, which is cheap especially for a place run by Asians), or pudding, chips, mushy peas and gravy.

Last edited by Blackleaf; Oct 4th, 2013 at 09:48 AM..

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

I don't know what I'm having for my tea (I don't have dinner, just tea).

If I can't be bothered making something I'll probbaly just nip to my local doner kebab shop up at Daubhill and order a load of German shepherd meat.

Is that tastier than other dogs?

Sal
I made chicken pot pie in the slow cooker that will be dinner for tonight

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

I made chicken pot pie in the slow cooker that will be dinner for tonight

Nice, how do you do the crust?

I did a meatloaf in the slow cooker night before last. Slow cooker is awesome for meatloaf, you can use a leaner ground and not worry about it being dry. Holds together really well too.

Love using my slow cooker. Nothing like coming home to the scent of a meal being cooked.

#juan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I did a meatloaf in the slow cooker night before last. Slow cooker is awesome for meatloaf, you can use a leaner ground and not worry about it being dry. Holds together really well too.

Love using my slow cooker. Nothing like coming home to the scent of a meal being cooked.

I've never had much luck with chicken pot pie crust. As a general rule it is chicken pot pie with dumplings.

Sal
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

you don't do the crust you make up some biscuits...that's why I like it, there isn't the fat content you get with pie crust...I combined two different recipes...funny you should mention meatloaf did that on the weekend...used a recipe with quick cooking oats and V8 juice...it turned out pretty good but I didn't use a slow cooker, sounds like a wonderful idea...slow cooker = lazy amazing chef...

Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces 3/4 cup sliced celery and onion, diced and I diced (large) 3 potatoes (throw over chicken pieces)

celery seed, poultry seasoning, and black pepper sprinkle liberally

2 cans cream of chicken soup over the taters 1 bag Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers
put the crock on high for an hour, turned down to low for 3...turned back up to high and threw in a bag of Green Giant steamers (corn, carrots, peas)

really liked the poultry flavouring, have never tried that before....also the recipe didn't call for it to start off on high for the first hour...that's just me

talloola
+1
were going for fish n chips today, have certificate from golf for two 3 piece dinners, (the place
we are going serves small pieces,) so it won't be as much as it sounds, also making apple pies
from homegrown apples,

better get started on those pies, see ya.

gopher
smoked ham

salad

taco chips with hot sauce & avocado

JLM
Tossed salad, spaghetti, tomato sauce, hamburger and frozen mixed vegetables................................Yuck.

Nuggler
+2
...............My wife is going to make a shepherd's pie because she doesn't like steak. There will be lots of SP left over for next week.

I'm marinating a nice steak at the moment with my special secret marinade.

Welllllllllllllllllllllllll, ok. If you promise not to tell"

Put the steak in a bowl.

Add red pepper.
Add "memories of Thailand" sweet hot sauce.
Add more red pepper.
Add salt.
Flop the steak over a few times to cover well. (use eye protection)
Place in fridge overnight
Tomorrow, remove from slop, place on BBQ which has preheated to almost meltdown. Turn BBQ to low setting. Flip steak whenever you want (use eye protection)
Make a salad
Eat.
Give the dog some.
Watch the dog run for the water bowl.

Nugg Steak. ...............really good actually.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

...............My wife is going to make a shepherd's pie because she doesn't like steak. There will be lots of SP left over for next week.

I'm marinating a nice steak at the moment with my special secret marinade.

Welllllllllllllllllllllllll, ok. If you promise not to tell"

Put the steak in a bowl.

Add red pepper.
Add "memories of Thailand" sweet hot sauce.
Add more red pepper.
Add salt.
Flop the steak over a few times to cover well. (use eye protection)
Place in fridge overnight
Tomorrow, remove from slop, place on BBQ which has preheated to almost meltdown. Turn BBQ to low setting. Flip steak whenever you want (use eye protection)
Make a salad
Eat.
Give the dog some.
Watch the dog run for the water bowl.

Nugg Steak. ...............really good actually.

She doesn't like steak or she doesn't the your "run for the dog's water bowl" streak? Lol.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Tossed salad, spaghetti, tomato sauce, hamburger and frozen mixed vegetables................................Yuck.

that's quite the concoction

Blackleaf

Is that tastier than other dogs?

I'm not too sure if it IS just German shepherd meat that they serve.

All I know is that the Muslim-run kebab shops around Bolton get a lot of their meat from local dogs which have been run over by cars and things like that.

Sal

I'm not too sure if it IS just German shepherd meat that they serve.

All I know is that the Muslim-run kebab shops around Bolton get a lot of their meat from local dogs which have been run over by cars and things like that.

you don't have health inspection for your food? wow, I wouldn't be eating any meat from around there then...here we have regulations and kitchens get tested for temp and a zillion other factors

Blackleaf
+1

you don't have health inspection for your food?

No. Not up at Daubhill.

Sal

No. Not up at Daubhill.

wow Blackie...

Nuggler
+1

wow Blackie...

We're supposed to have meat inspectors. How many people got sick during the listeria deal?

Con cutbacks. great stuff, eh.

Gawd's punishment for manger the split hoof stuff ??

Supposed to eat horses.

RALPH !!!!

JLM
Spring Lamb

Retired_Can_Soldier
Mexican Lasagna.

Sal

Spring Lamb

it's fall

Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Mexican Lasagna.

what's different about Mexican as opposed to Italian

JLM
+1

it's fall

Not down under!

what's different about Mexican as opposed to Italian

4000 miles?

gopher
beef rib stew

onions

yams

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

beef rib stew

onions

yams

Tossed salad, meat balls, lamb, spuds, beet, beans, garlic bread, apple pie.

#juan

Tossed salad, meat balls, lamb, spuds, beet, beans, garlic bread, apple pie.

Do you often have two kinds of meat at one meal? Or are the meat balls made of lamb?

petros
Tonight will be freshly smoked deer sausage, little red spuds from the garden with sour cream and fresh dill and honey glazed garden carrots.

SLM
I'm going out for dinner tonight, so I have no idea what I'm having yet.

petros
Going to Smitty's or somewhere else nice?

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Going to Smitty's or somewhere else nice?

Local place. Traditional pub-style foods. Maybe I'll have a steak & mushroom pie? Mmmm.