The case for Israel

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Recent News:
Ending the siege

...On the Egyptian street, the clamour grows louder by the day. Palestinian liberation has found its way on to the agendas of parties across the political spectrum: right and left, new and old, religious and secular. Israeli flags burn in Tahrir Square, and the speeches which emphasise solidarity with Palestinians are cheered the loudest. When thousands march to Gaza on Nakba day, May 15th, it will be the closest the Arab wave has yet come to lapping at Israel's shores.

All signs indicate Egypt will continue to make Israel feel the cold. Already their foreign ministry has broken from Mubarak policy by supporting a unilaterally declared Palestinian state and demanding that the US follow suit.

More significantly, they can open the Rafah border and end Israel's siege of Gaza. Such a move would at a stroke remove a cornerstone of Israeli security policy, weakening their control and exposing them to even harsher international condemnation for the glaring disregard for human rights in the Strip. Such a move would present problems for Egypt too, but official statements indicate it is a case of when, rather than if, the Rafah border will be opened.

How will Israel react? Beyond the hysterical rhetoric, they have already taken concrete steps, withholding an $89million tax payment to the PA which will leave many state employees unpaid. They will hope the withdrawal of support will severely affect their long-time allies, who have become "terrorists" again at a stroke. Beyond disengaging with Palestinians, Israel will likely reduce involvement with the whole Arab region and rely even more heavily on US support....
http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/05/201154141251179755.html

Israel controls the borders of all the occupied territories. They also collect Palestinian taxes and withhold them from the Palestinian people. These people are oppressed, forced into extreme poverty, denied fundamental human rights including the right to unobstructed food and medical humanitarian aid. They suffer war crimes and crimes against humanity.

What goes around, comes around...

When 9/11 happened, I was shocked, disgusted, depressed... but not surprised. Change is coming soon for this region. Egypt will open the border. If Israel closes it, Egypt will turn a blind eye to the tunnels. Either way, a lot of people and material will move in both directions. I doubt this bodes well for Israel's future.

My movie:

Gaza's Underground Economy
The Tunnel Smugglers of the Gaza Strip - Video - TIME.com

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The Jews did pay taxes to the Nazis. Eventually the Nazis took everything of value including their lives. I see many parallels. State sponsored oppression and injustice is a slippery path.

I recommend creating a Palestinian homeland near where JTF lives. Of course, we'd have to give the Palestinian settlers billions in economic and military support, while imposing severe sanctions against any group which resists the inevitable ethnic cleansing war. That approach solved the post WW II Jewish refugee problem, so it should work for the Palestinians too. JTF can start a new career in tunnel building.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You should just watch the vid EAO.

I'll admit it goes a little to far when talking about Iran, but it was an excellent vid, that was for the most part, factual.

A hell of a lot more factual than the post above this one.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You mean my video which shows life in Gaza and takes you into the tunnels is less factual than a group of Zionists scolding while apparently listening to a chopped up montage of selected portions of President Carter's speech played deliberately out of context. Which ranting Zionist in JTF's movie was the most factual in your opinion?

Another war is coming. I predict Egypt will open the Rafah crossing to Gaza. Israel will have take over the border. I suspect it will go badly for Israel and the border will open in uncontrolled ways periodically at first and then go completely out of control. Israel will be tempted to bomb the Egyptian side. That would be a bad idea...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You mean my video which shows life in Gaza and takes you into the tunnels is less factual than a group of Zionists scolding while apparently listening to a chopped up montage of selected portions of President Carter's speech played deliberately out of context. Which ranting Zionist in JTF's movie was the most factual in your opinion?
You see, you can't attack what is said, you attack the person, never once offering a reasoned formulated rebuttal.

Do you still wonder why you got treated the way you did?

This post of yours, is what makes it so difficult to have a mature discussion with you. Or offer you any respect.

Another war is coming. I predict Egypt will open the Rafah crossing to Gaza. Israel will have take over the border. in this operation there are many known unknowns and quite a few unknown unknowns. I suspect it will go badly for Israel and the border will remain open. Israel will be tempted to bomb the Egyptian side. That would be a bad idea...
I hope I don't see you bitching about fear mongering in other peoples posts anymore.

And cubby, I see you can't formulate a reasoned rebuttal either.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
Defamation is the rebuttal which craps all over your propaganda movie... You should watch it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Defamation is the rebuttal which craps all over your propaganda movie... You should watch it.
Thanx for removing all doubt pumpkin. I've seen it. It does nothing you think it does.

Getting thumbs down from you, means I'm on the right course.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No, tell me.
You mean you aren't intellectually superior to me, and you can't figure it out? Wow. I'm glad you finally admit that.

I suggest you watch JTF's video, then your video, and then see if you can see how it supports it.