Canadian to Lead NATO in Libyan Mission

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Basically it was an appeasement move as Canadians are known for humanitarian roles. Yeah that will be a heavy load on our shoulders to conduct this war cleanly.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
god knows I bought and got stock as bonuses long before evil people flew planes into towers and then became our allies in Libya.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
December 16, 2010
An Gaddafi emissary, Head of state media Abdallah Mansour, is arrested at the Hotel Concorde Lafayette trying to contact Mesrami.
December 23, 2010
A delegation of Libyans arrives in Paris for meetings with Mesrami and other French officials. The Libyans are Ali Ounes Mansouri, Farj Charrant and Fathi Boukhris. These three men will be known later together with Ali Hajj as leaders of the revolution, that started from Benghazi.
The Libyan delegation together with Mesrami and French military and secret service personnel dined at an elegant French restaurant at the Champs Elisée.
Decmber 25 – 31, 2010
Between Christmas and the start of the New Year, the French are in possession of all the details and available inside information; in the compilation of the Maghreb Confidential document, it is stated that “the situation in Benghazi is boiling”.
Januray 22, 2011
Colonel Abdallah Gehani is arrested by the chief of the secret service in Cerenaica, Aoudh Saaiti. Two days later the Colonel is transferred to a prison in Tripoli and accused of treason with the aim of holding back any dissent. But it was too late, the ball was already rolling and the first signs of the revolution were seen a few days after a prominent lawyer, Fathi Tarbel, was arrested. The protest soon turned into clashes and as army officials deserted, the rebels advanced and took over important cities, but so far they have failed to take Tripoli.
TheFrench plans to topple Gaddafi on track since last November [Voltaire]

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This is rather unexpected, anybody got a copy of how to run a reservation from any publication the 1880's?

Is this potato too hot for other NATO members, maybe Italy, who have much more in common with the area than an bunch of Igloo makers, should take point, their reward for staying loyal to the banksters.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Canadians have always performed well in combat roles and our history demonstrates that.
In the first and second world war we gave a great account of ourselves and at least we did
not wait a year or more to become involved in those conflicts. Have we been in all of them?
Vietnam was a case where we knew it was not a just conflict, we were in Korea, though.
I think Canadians will do well, in Libya, we kind of got left holding the bag in Afghanistan but
we did well for the circumstances we found ourselves in.
I think things will be fine, tough days ahead but the main thing is we are there. Even my
peace monger wife, thinks we should be there. I say that affectionately, I always call her that
when she takes to opposite view to mine in a conflict. The only two wars we have agreed on
are Afghanistan and Libya. Well we both were against the conflict in Iraq as well.
I support our efforts in this mission one hundred percent, its time we engaged dictators.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
This is proof positive that Canada and America are joined at the hip for better or for worse.

I think I just heard all the Angels Shudder in the Liberal Utopian Heaven. :)

Canadians have always performed well in combat roles and our history demonstrates that.
In the first and second world war we gave a great account of ourselves and at least we did
not wait a year or more to become involved in those conflicts. Have we been in all of them?
Vietnam was a case where we knew it was not a just conflict, we were in Korea, though.
I think Canadians will do well, in Libya, we kind of got left holding the bag in Afghanistan but
we did well for the circumstances we found ourselves in.
I think things will be fine, tough days ahead but the main thing is we are there. Even my
peace monger wife, thinks we should be there. I say that affectionately, I always call her that
when she takes to opposite view to mine in a conflict. The only two wars we have agreed on
are Afghanistan and Libya. Well we both were against the conflict in Iraq as well.
I support our efforts in this mission one hundred percent, its time we engaged dictators.

We were in Gulf War 1 with a similar supporting role.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Id say its a good thing to have a canadian lead the charge, and hey mabye if he does a good job and is effective with the resources he is given the anti-military folks here will shut there mouths :)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is this potato too hot for other NATO members, maybe Italy, who have much more in common with the area than an bunch of Igloo makers, should take point, their reward for staying loyal to the banksters.
Remember that other dictator a while back named Benito?