How Will The World Change...

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
...If Iran Develops Nuclear Weapons? This is an intellectual exercise for those who can think several steps ahead. Assume for the sake of argument that Iran does develop nuclear weapons and does continue to develop ever greater ballistic missile capabilities? How will the world change in such an event?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
What has kept us safe during the cold war with Russia was the fear of mutual annihilation.

With Iran and muslim extremism such fear doesn't exists....They actually look forward to it...along with the return of the twelfth Imam.....and the fifty virgins at the end of the road............

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
What has kept us safe during the cold war with Russia was the fear of mutual annihilation.

With Iran and muslim extremism such fear doesn't exists....They actually look forward to it...along with the return of the twelfth Imam.....and the fifty virgins at the end of the road............

That's the standard load that Islamic terrorist organizations are reinforcing in the grunts. I doubt very much that Iran's ruler's feel so unattached to their lives in power...

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
America developed nuclear weapons in conjunction with the Brits. In response the Soviets developed nuclear weapons. Not to be left out, the French developed the Force de Frappe.

After the Sino-Soviet rift, the Chinese developed nuclear weapons because of fear of the Soviets. In 1974 the Indians tested nuclear weapons because of fear of the Chinese.

In 1984 it is believed the Chinese gave the Pakistanis the physics and engineering plans to develop nuclear weapons.

In the 1990s the Pakistanis went nuclear because of fear of the Indians.

In the past decade the North Koreans went nuclear because of fear of the Americans.

According to the premise of this thread the Iranians will go nuclear. Presume it is in fear of the Americans or in the hope of inducing the return of the Mahdi.

Iran has neighbors who fear Iran. What is likely to happen within the context of fear? And what is likely to happen to the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty if Iran is able to game it and become a nuclear weapons state?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

and the return of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
and the return of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.

Shia remind me of Christian Evangelicals. Messianism. Btw, I hate British spelling conventions. Savior.

Ahmadinejad and Khameini are in power and do believe in the Mahdi. Despite my distaste for Obama I do not believe he is a Christian Evangelical.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
In spite of all the Bull shyte hate propaganda, Iranians are not stupid. If they have the technical and scientific capacity to build a bomb, they also have the mental capacity to know that if they used it, it would be the end of their own lives. I see no reason to think that they are building it for any other reason than to protect themselves from attack, a deterrent just like everybody else. There are more things to be afraid of closer to home. If the Yanks should self destruct because of the ever widening rift of extreme polarization, who knows which radical loonies will gain control over various parts of their arsenal. If the US falls into chaos, all hell will literally break loose. I am sure Iran is aware of that possibility and that is why they want their deterrent.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
In spite of all the Bull shyte hate propaganda, Iranians are not stupid. If they have the technical and scientific capacity to build a bomb, they also have the mental capacity to know that if they used it, it would be the end of their own lives. I see no reason to think that they are building it for any other reason than to protect themselves from attack, a deterrent just like everybody else. There are more things to be afraid of closer to home. If the Yanks should self destruct because of the ever widening rift of extreme polarization, who knows which radical loonies will gain control over various parts of their arsenal. If the US falls into chaos, all hell will literally break loose. I am sure Iran is aware of that possibility and that is why they want their deterrent.

The threat of nuclear attack is long past us all now along with mutual assured destruction. The powers that be - back in the day - rattled their sabres and when it came down to it, no one had the stomach to engage a nuclear war.

With that in mind, the only folks that are pursuing a nuclear agenda are not doing so for the purpose of self defense, just look at N.Korea and the manner in which they use their nuclear ability as a lever to extort and blackmail their neighbours. Expect Iran to do the same, in fact, based on what their leader has to say about his thoughts on Israel, expect them to initiate the program.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
With that many people willing to stap on a vest with high explosive and walk into a crowd in the name of Allah...I wouldn't trust them with nuclear capability....

Just think of what they could do with a boat or barge ...off the coast of North America...if they had the delivery system and a HEMP (High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse) Bomb.

Could knock the US and Canada back to the horse and buggy days...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I'll say this... In the (unlikely) event that a fundamentalist group engaged a nuclear attack, I would not be surprised to see a concentrated form of reprisal by multiple nations. In effect, a swift and over the top response may have the effect of limiting the terrorist actions of these groups, or at least, the nations that support/fund these groups may cut all ties as the cost of association means that they will be meeting their maker.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Even if Iran is prevented from exercising its right to fission how will that possibly have any impact on the already crisis level of nuclear proliferation? It won't even be noticed. It's a holly wood crisis. These conspiracy nuts are all raving paranoids. Where do they get the extra large tin foil hats for those mishapen heads?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Even if Iran is prevented from exercising its right to fission how will that possibly have any impact on the already crisis level of nuclear proliferation? It won't even be noticed. It's a holly wood crisis.

Right to fission?

These conspiracy nuts are all raving paranoids. Where do they get the extra large tin foil hats for those mishapen heads?

Too funny.... I especially love the mishapen heads comment; the first thing that it reminded me of was a cartoon where Bugs Bunny pounded Yosemite Sam across the noggin in order to engage his practice in phrenology.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Right to fission?

Too funny.... I especially love the mishapen heads comment; the first thing that it reminded me of was a cartoon where Bugs Bunny pounded Yosemite Sam across the noggin in order to engage his practice in phrenology.

So the early bugs bunny psyop still controls your train of thougt today. I had it erased by a psyop removal firm in the eighties.