Egypt's future - will Israel play spoiler

CurioToo

Electoral Member
Nov 22, 2010
Encouraging news that the military has been a stabilizing force in Egypt rather than one using military force.

My question however biased and probably not well-based in intellectual knowledge is:

"How long will Israel allow the U.S. to remain at a distance without having to save / defend them yet again?"

I would appreciate knowledgeable information - even angry put-down because the nasty question keeps popping into my head.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Encouraging news that the military has been a stabilizing force in Egypt rather than one using military force.

My question however biased and probably not well-based in intellectual knowledge is:

"How long will Israel allow the U.S. to remain at a distance without having to save / defend them yet again?"

I would appreciate knowledgeable information - even angry put-down because the nasty question keeps popping into my head.

The distance is apparent only and you know it.

CurioToo

Electoral Member
Nov 22, 2010
DarkBeaver

I do not "know it" whatever knowledge you claim I possess - I am trying to get feedback and opinion.

Israel continues to be the nation which needs "all" from the U.S. and I am personally tired of the commitment in a part of the global community where they continue to disrupt peaceful cohabitation among nations.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
No matter what the Israel equation is, if Egypt wants change it's their change to make. I think the global community is tired of every country's interests being tied to Israel's agenda.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You are yelling at me. I,m excited! Certainly the U.S has been bled dry by the zionists but every other country in the west has been similarly afflicted. Everything Obama utters is written in Tel Aviv, the distance is staged to provide plausible deniability.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
DarkBeaver

I do not "know it" whatever knowledge you claim I possess - I am trying to get feedback and opinion.

Israel continues to be the nation which needs "all" from the U.S. and I am personally tired of the commitment in a part of the global community where they continue to disrupt peaceful cohabitation among nations.

AS long as the muslim nations around Israel continue to be controlled by theocratic war mongers Israel will continue to need help from the rest of the free world.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Like those who feel Mubarak should still be dictating Egypt because it's in the best interest of Israel.
Better the devil you know for some people. Although I can't bring myself to support that in this case. I can see why Israel would. How their moral relativism would allow them to do so.

You said "every country". Can you expand on that a little? I realize it was an exaggeration for effect, but you obviously feel that there are other countries, whose future is being directed by Israeli interests.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

The US and Israel as as tight as ever.

Israel did lobby the US and other nations on behalf of Mubarak, only a few nations (Canada for example) sided with Israel and Mubarak against the Egyptian people. IMO, the Obama administration charted an independent course because he (Obama) stuck to his principles regarding oppression and injustice. As black person growing up in America, he probably has strong opinions regarding freedom and equal rights.

Despite scare mongering by Mubarak supporters, Israel faces no immediate threat from a free Egypt. Egyptians are currently focused on political reform and up coming elections, rather than Israel. Rest assured that if Israel faced any sort of threat, the US would immediately come to Israel's aid. American politicians who indicate any sign of unshakable support for Israel tend to have short political careers, thanks to AIPAC and the pro-Israel lobby.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Israel did lobby the US and other nations on behalf of Mubarak, only a few nations (Canada for example) sided with Israel and Mubarak against the Egyptian people.
I guess so, especially when a group like the neo Nazi Muslim Brotherhood is at the heart of the uprising!

Despite scare mongering by Mubarak supporters, Israel faces no immediate threat from a free Egypt.
They were talking about a "free Egypt", they were talking about an Egypt run by the neo Nazi group, (one that you support by 50%.)

A fact you just can't seem to grasp.

Egyptians are currently focused on political reform and up coming elections, rather than Israel.
That's right now.

Rest assured that if Israel faced any sort of threat, the US would immediately come to Israel's aid.
I'm sure we'll be spammed by you, when that happens.

American politicians who indicate any sign of unshakable support for Israel tend to have short political careers, thanks to AIPAC and the pro-Israel lobby.
Oh goodie!!! More fear mongering.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Your knowledge base is as good, if not better, than anyone else here.

I believe that the American's position will be determined by the policy dictated by the new ruling power in Egypt. I think it's fair to speculate that a moderate Egyptian policy as it applies to Israel will earn American support (and dollars)... The big question: Will a nation like Iran make an offer for support and alter that Israeli policy?

Factor-in any related trade issues that impact their economy and you have a good basis for generating an answer to the question that you asked.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Actually I personally fear things will end up like Iran. God, I hope not though! I pray everyday that Isreal is safe and the PEOPLE of Egypt are allowed the freedom and democracy they so crave. But I do wonder who put all those people up to it hummm?? Did they just all of a sudden decide - I'm gonna demonstrate today and ta da - there's thousands of them - on the same day, no less. That's what worries me. My hope is that it ends well but if it doesn't, methinks we're all in a pile of !%$#@!!

JMO

If anyhing the Israeli people need to rise up and clean house too.

Yep and they have the power to do so - called "elections"

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Right now Israel is run by a bunch of extremist war criminals, just like the US was three years ago. Hopefully common sense will prevail in the next Israeli election.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Off topic but:

Nobody gets a free pass from me. I criticize all human rights violations, unlike our government which criticizes some and supports others.

Not like Iran or Palestine anything like that.
Iran leaders have committed war crimes and crimes against humanity? Please enlighten me....
I am aware of these human rights violations and cruelty:
http://thereport.amnesty.org/sites/default/files/AIR2010_AZ_EN.pdf#page=119 But I see nothing here which could be described as a war crime or crime against humanity. I see barbaric cruelty, discrimination, oppression, torture, ill treatment, show trials and the death penalty... but nothing that would fit the definition of "war crime" or "crime against humanity". You'd have to go back more than 20 years to the purges of the early years of the revolution to find incidents which might be described as "crimes against humanity".

Currently Palestinians are divided. In the West bank they are ruled by a US and Israeli installed and supported dictator known as Mahmoud Abbas, even though Hamas won free and fair elections. Hamas rules the Gaza. Hamas leaders have committed war crimes or at a minimum they authorized them. Both the Palestinian dictator Abbas (Fatah) and the democratically elected Hamas are guilty of torture, assassinations and summary execution resulting from a simmering civil war and internecine warfare. Despite Israeli and American support for the cruel dictator Abbas in the form of cash and arms, Hamas has managed to cling to power in Gaza, where they cruelly persecute their rivals. In the West Bank, dictator Abbas cruelly persecutes his rivals. In the middle are the Palestinian civilians who are cruelly persecuted by Abbas (Fatah), Hamas and the Israeli occupiers. Palestinian civilians in Gaza also suffer a cruel Israeli humanitarian aid blockade which interferes with international food and medical aid which clearly meets the definition of a crime against humanity.

Currently the Canadian government treats Hamas as a terrorist organization (fair enough), supports Abbas despite his crimes and unshakably supports Israeli war crimes and crimes against humanity.

IMO Canada should condemn all oppression, injustice, war crimes and crimes against humanity.... I disagree with CB, the Canadian government and other Israeli apologists who support Israel's war crimes and crimes against humanity. Some people on this forum try unsuccessfully to slander me and other Israeli critics with anti-Semitic labels in order to suppress legitimate criticism of Israeli war crimes and crimes against humanity. I refuse to be silenced or intimidated by their trolling and bullying. The lesson I learned from the holocaust is that everyone who is aware of atrocities and remains silent are part of the problem.

Back on subject. Recent events in Egypt exposed who does and doesn't support freedom and democracy. Prime Minister Harper bent to the will of the Israeli lobby and sided with the cruel Egyptian dictator against Egyptian people. I hope people remember this come election day. Harper must never get a majority government or he will screw us. BTW, Harper was supported the US unprovoked war in Iraq. (war crime). Thankfully he was the leader of the opposition at the time, otherwise Canadian soldiers would be fighting and dying in Iraq as well as Afghanistan.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What do you need to do to commit a "crime against humanity"?

Does this count?

At least 66 people were executed in Iran in January, including three members of banned political parties, according to the United Nations. An Iranian human-rights group puts the number at 121. Either way, the pace of executions is high, even by Iran’s standards. It may be an attempt to let terrorize people and thus pre-empt protests. “The identity of the victim matters less than the fact they’re killing people at high rates,” says Professor Payam Akhavan of McGill University. “The message is ‘This regime is here to stay and you should be very fearful of the regime.’”

In contrast, the USA executed 4 people in January.........all of whom were convicted of murder in a fair trial, and had exhausted extensive avenues of appeal.

Oh.....and Iran's population is less than 75 million, the population of the USA is well over 300 million.

And why does Iran get instantly forgiven for the thousands upon thousands of political/religious executions of the 1980s?????