O'Reilly on the view.......

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
I'm conflicted about Bill O'Reilly. At times, he sincerely tries to be fair, and he supposedly even has some leftist beliefs. But at other times, he lies and clings to falsehoods long after they are proven to be false. Then, of course, there's also his volcanic temper.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It is part of his act. The only thing left about him is his left arm and leg.
I still don't think one should walk off the stage though, it only boosts the
image, of the guy, in the eyes of his defenders. Be polite and where at
all possible question him about his collection of urban myths and how
they vary from reality. I know people are going to say, he has some
points and some truth. The fact is he has preached myth so long no
one wants to bother guessing whether he is right, or its another piece
of propaganda. If he really wants to improve his credibility he would look
to leaving Fox News behind. Fox is not a real network it is a propaganda
machine for the the Tea Party, and the dysfunctional Palin crowd.
Having this kind of leadership on the right is sad really as it means any
chance of having meaningful debate is lost in the shuffle.
O'Reilly merely provides a stage for these political Gerry Springer's to vent
and spew their nonsense onto the airwaves. I suppose this is why the
two left, there really isn't much room for a dialogue with people like O'Rilly.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I don't watch Fox News, and I have only heard of it through the Canadian media, so I thought Bill O'Reilly was supposed to be David Duke out of his hat and robes.......

I thought him polite, reasonably well-spoken, and rational......

Whereas The View, to quote Rex Murphy, is "a kind of antidote to any functioning intellect"

lol

Gotta love Rex.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Colpy you are somewhat right about the View, that is why I don't watch
that either. O'Rielly always starts off being polite and reasonable but
like the View he cannot continue in the disguise he wore when the show
opened.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
What O'reilly says is true.....the left seems to come off as quite condescending....

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
If I was Bill OReilly, I'd be sure to use the term 'rape rape' on that show.

Really, in my mind, Whoopi Goldberg has zero moral credibility; making her walk off the stage should be an honorable mission. She is not deserving of any respect whatsoever.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I probably wouldn't have walked out myself, and simply educated the pinhead on the definition of muslim vs. terrorist, but I can understand why such an obtuse statement would put someone off.

Dealing with politics for how long and he still can't get his classifications right? That was either blind ignorance or, what's more likely, textbook sensationalism. And Whoopi and co. fell for it hook, line and sinker. If anything though, I would have more respect for those who honestly cower in fear, rather than the puppets playing with words.

Also, what's with the double-standard - "All of government is stupid... but I clearly support republicans" meme?

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
The person I agree with in this is Barbara Walters: what O'Reilly said was stupid but partisan stupidity should not end debate. O'Reilly, Whoopi and Joy Behar were all wrong in this.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Must be rating numbers time - no doubt The 'View' which is an oxymoron needed some attention. There are rarely "diverse viewS" discussed.

Undeserved attention because the level of intellectual discourse is a mild kitchen-aid form of dictatorship.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Not all muslims are terorists and that's a fact!

But not to forget these days that most if not all terorists are muslims!

So all political correctness aside, the U.S. ,on september 11th, was attacked by Muslims.... period!!

O'Reilly was right....

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
The View should be called "The Beauty and the Beasts", the only normal person on it, Elizabeth Hasselback being the beauty and the rest of them despicable politically correct beasts.

O'Reilly was absulutely correct.

Behar justifies anyone, seeing her become anti-semite.
Goldberg justifies anyone watching her become anti-black.
Watcing either or both of these pathetic loser nobodies justifies anyone become anti-women.

Here is the Democ-Rat party's most slavish water carrier, who NEVER had a single opposing view on his show, which runs at the same time as the O'Reilly Factor, and would not have the same number of viewers in a month that O'Reilley gets each evening.

Envy, jealousy and hate, your name is Olbermann.

Keith Olbermann Calls Bill O'Reilly Bigot | The View | Video | Mediaite

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

So all political correctness aside, the U.S. ,on september 11th, was attacked by Muslims.... period!!

O'Reilly was right....

Yes, but it's clearly obtuse not to use more specific language related to the act itself. It's duuuuuuuumb.

It is as meaningless as replacing Timothy McVeigh with 'Catholic'. Catholic-Man bombed Alfred P. Murrah today.

Dumb.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

O'Reilly was right....

Little boys are raped by Catholics.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Speaking as a female - one who loves argument and discussion.....

I would appreciate seeing female discussion groups portrayed without the smack and insult these women indulge in.

Perhaps on a one-to-one level each of them have good opinion and can back up with reasoned thought but when they get to schoolyard whining - it demeans women everywhere.

It's taken women long enough to be "listened to and watched" in our global media and in seconds we get a couple of opinionated divas doing the "disappearing dance"......

They should apologize to women everywhere. Their point could have been made with discussion, debate, reason and fairness such as we read every day on forums like this one. O'Reilly would have given fair debate
without insult - he's used to being disagreed with by women in discussion on the news and his own show.

What gets me is the "women" were thinking only of themselves and not the people in their audience who
came for the obvious discussion and points to be made.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What O'reilly says is true.....the left seems to come off as quite condescending....

lol... what sparked Joy's indignation again? Something along the lines of 'sit and be quiet and you'll learn something'? lol.. yeah, the 'left' is condescending.

What gets me is the "women" were thinking only of themselves and not the people in their audience who
came for the obvious discussion and points to be made.

I think the View gets away with a lot because their show is not one simple thing. I watch only the morning exchanges over the news. If I'd even been watching yesterday, I'd never have caught the exchange with O-Reilly because I don't bother to watch the celbrity interviews, or the fashion advice, etc. I watch the four women giving diverse opinions, and then I turn it off. But, I know there are women who DO watch for the fashion/lifestyle advice. There are women who watch almost exclusively for the celeb interviews. They've set their format up so that there's always a chunk of their viewership who will forgive a screw up in one area, because it's not the area they care about. KNow what I mean?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I was gonna wait until more Liberals circled the wagons around political correctness....but what the heck...You can't teach a hammer to love nails:smile:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
lol... what sparked Joy's indignation again? Something along the lines of 'sit and be quiet and you'll learn something'? lol.. yeah, the 'left' is condescending.

con·de·scend

...and you didn't find Bill to be condescending?