Something good out of Iran

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I wish that was the case - But read a tad from a respected org on Iran. Check on goggle how if what we deem a young offender commits murder, they wait till they turn 18 then hang them - Or women defending themselves are accused of murder &, convicted

Iran | Human Rights Watch

Oh, I quite realize that Iran is a human rights nightmare. But the ayatollahs and their ultra-conservative supporters are fighting a losing battle. They actually lost the last election and only held on to power through fraud and then violent repression. This sort of thing cannot last in a population that has a very young demographic and in which both men and women receive a decent eduction. Sooner or later the forces aligned against them will become too great. When that happens the government will change and many of the nonsensical restrictions on Iranian society will disappear.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

I disagree with governments dictating fashion. Yet many Canadians support this type of intervention:
Most Canadians agree with Quebec's ban on burka

I agree with you Bar Sinister that Iran's conservatives are loosing their grip on power.

Regarding Iran's fraudulent elections, I also saw the protests on the news. At the same time, many countries have covert operations to destabilize Iran.
Annals of National Security: Preparing the Battlefield : The New Yorker

2009?2010 Iranian election protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you aware of the evidence which supports Iran election fraud allegations?
Many Signs of Fraud, but No Hard Evidence, in Iranian Election - washingtonpost.com

Here is a blatant example of election fraud for comparison:
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Afghan election fraud is unearthed

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Something good out of Iran?

Have all the ayatollahs finally got to meet Mohammed in Hell?

Along with the seventy-two year old virgins?