Thoughts on the Rwanda Genocide

blacksheep2912

Apr 19, 2010
I am a Canadian grade 12 student and I took a course offered in my school call "Social Justice". We watched the documentary "Shake Hands With the Devil" and there was one part of the video that I found to be nauseating.

YouTube - Shake Hands With the Devil The Journey of Romeo Dallaire part 7

skip to 4:15 and watch the press conference.

As I saw the Belgian Politician call out Romeo Dallaire for his "Three mistakes" I realized how ignorant the world really is on this topic. The fact he holds the death of his 10 Belgian soldiers higher than the fact nearly 1 million innocent people died during the genocide, is unexplainable. The Belgians were the reason this Genocide was so effective in the first place and HE calls out Dallaire for HIS mistakes.... I honestly couldnt believe what I was hearing. And not to mention it was on the 10 year anniversary. That is the definition of disrespect. You have to be heartless to have said that and the Belgian politician is among some of the most worthless people in my opinion.

Anyone care to expand? Agree? Disagree?
Please I would like to know if I am the only one who views it like this

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Ive gotten blazed with alot of folks from Rwandaand they are HAPPY romeo did what he could, we should be proud of romeos actions even though his hands were tied behind his back

i heard some real horror stories involving the alligators

Last edited:

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Your lucky. I got the Schindler's List assignment, the questions were based on the length of the movie that none of the students can endure the whole movie as it was that disturbing.

They are trying to teach you something, important.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Some people have some pretty twisted priorities. Bigots are that type. It makes me think there still is more than one subspecies of homo sapiens sometimes.