Moscow Metro attacks

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I take it those bombers had connections to the dagastan area? It saddens me to hear that such a loss of life has occured, because of a few cowards. I wonder how russia will react?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I take it those bombers had connections to the dagastan area? It saddens me to hear that such a loss of life has occured, because of a few cowards. I wonder how russia will react?

You can be sure it will be brutal....the Russians don't frig around.

Lessie

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2010
Russia
I wonder how russia will react?

Oh.. the government will crack down!!…on society protests. :roll:It is the good opportunity to forbid the political meetings for example. Or at least to commit to prison on 15 days for participation in the illegal meeting. Now people (which were arrested) must pay a forfeit for it.

It is very informative to read the comments in Internet under the news about the metro attack.. Many people don’t believe to the government.:roll:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Oh.. the government will crack down!!…on society protests. :roll:It is the good opportunity to forbid the political meetings for example. Or at least to commit to prison on 15 days for participation in the illegal meeting. Now people (which were arrested) must pay a forfeit for it.

It is very informative to read the comments in Internet under the news about the metro attack.. Many people don’t believe to the government.:roll:

It speaks a lot for the new Russia that we even hear about these things. The old Soviet Union kept it all so hush-hush.

Sad that terrorists strike everywhere

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
It's sad and scary.
New York subway system is on high alert and Toronto police don't think it that important.

G20 coming to Toronto this June.

Pretty soon the knapsack will be restricted from the subway systems.

Subway suicide bombers is the next wave of terrorism coming to North America.

I really hope CISIS and the RCMP are prepared to protect us and I hope the Conservative party will restore their funding they will need it

Lessie

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2010
Russia
It speaks a lot for the new Russia that we even hear about these things. The old Soviet Union kept it all so hush-hush.
Internet provides something like a free speech in our country.. So.. now is not the soviet time.

Libertarian

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
You can be sure it will be brutal....the Russians don't frig around.

Not much they can do. They can increase police presence around the subway stations, they can crack down on threats more seriously, but in reality, terrorists are like the mafia. You can't easily destroy them.

Lessie

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2010
Russia
North Korea/China keep a lot of things hush-hush, even with the Internet, but it still reveals a lot more then they could hide, previously.
In North Korea and China is another situation. Internet is seriously controlled there. People fear to speak.

We also fear. But not so much.. So.. we speak and write in the Internet. In carefully chosen words sometimes..:-(

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Not much they can do. They can increase police presence around the subway stations, they can crack down on threats more seriously, but in reality, terrorists are like the mafia. You can't easily destroy them.

The Italian Mafia in the US is all but destroyed.

They can be destroyed. Nobody is immune from getting an azz kicking so bad that they don't want to play soldier any longer.

Lessie

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2010
Russia
Wonder how many will protest Russian war crimes, not that it will matter, Muslims will suffer for the few.

I’m not sure that I understand your question correctly..
The current political decisions are estimated in different ways by the people. Inter alia there is no unified opinion about the war with Georgia in 2008. For understand that it is enough to read Russian forums, blogs and comments under the news.
As of protests.. Different people express their protest in different way. The big part of the active people which feel indignant at situation in the country prefer to emigrate.
Another big part of the people prefer to voice theirs protests in theirs kitchens.
And very many people want to go to the street meetings to voice theirs protests. It concerns not only the political protests, but also the protest against ecological problems. So.. for Moscow meeting of different theme it is normal 300-500 participants, not more.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I think these kinds of people are just wacked. They're hardly gaining world support for whatever their cause is. If they have such a noble cause, why would they have to brainwash kids and others into joining them?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I think these kinds of people are just wacked. They're hardly gaining world support for whatever their cause is. If they have such a noble cause, why would they have to brainwash kids and others into joining them?

They are not interested in world support. They simply want the Russians out of their homeland. If it takes shooting up a few schools or blowing up people on the subway that is what they will do. Remember when Canada used to have the FLQ? While not as extreme the FLQ used similar terrorist tactics.