Canada + United Nations = What?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Should we rethink our commitment in the United nations because it was the United Nations that led us to Afghanistan...

Now i know america demanded osama from the taliban backed by NATO and a UN santion... Honestly if america controlled us like a pet dog i think we would be in Iraq also working on our withdrawal and there would be a thousand threads about it

Anyways should we withdraw our resources from the United Nations because of the Afghanistan war? Because i get the feeling they got it wrong, and that would make them a wrong organization?

I dunno, thats all i gotta say on the topic:canada:

dont worry if you reply i aint going to go about it like in my last thread

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The UN and NATO were both, like the rest of the world, mislead by faulty US "Intelligence". Chretien kept us out of Iraq but Harper would have committed us to it. We were lucky. Martin (or was it Chretien) got us into Afghanistan to fulfill our NATO agreements and to keep us out of Iraq. He at least was smart enough to see a debacle in the making.

As for the UN; it is beginning to look like it has been co-opted into something 180 degrees from its original intent. World Bank and World Health are just front men for powerful money interests.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The UN and NATO were both, like the rest of the world, mislead by faulty US "Intelligence".
In retrospect, I would call it outright lies, not faulty intel.

Chretien kept us out of Iraq but Harper would have committed us to it. We were lucky. Martin (or was it Chretien) got us into Afghanistan to fulfill our NATO agreements and to keep us out of Iraq. He at least was smart enough to see a debacle in the making.
I don't think he was trying to keep us out of Iraq, in fulfilling our NATO obligations.

As for the UN; it is beginning to look like it has been co-opted into something 180 degrees from its original intent. World Bank and World Health are just front men for powerful money interests.
Let's not forget the "Human rights council" and so on.

The UN is a shattered entity, that has completely lost its way. It's day came and went years ago. It's high time it was dissolved and forgotten. An international body where all nations are equal and share power equally at the table needs to be created. Giving no one country the ability to control the destiny of any other nation.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That is true. I was trying not to be too radical.;-)

I don't think he was trying to keep us out of Iraq, in fulfilling our NATO obligations.

The UN is a shattered entity, that has completely lost its way. It's day came and went years ago. It's high time it was dissolved and forgotten. An international body where all nations are equal and share power equally at the table needs to be created. Giving no one country the ability to control the destiny of any other nation.
I have to agree. There is something rotten in New York (worse than the Hudson).

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

An international body eh. I'm sure Israel would donate Palestinian land for the the NWO temple/brothel.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Thai is the pet project of American far right; they want USA to get out of UN. I don’t think there is much sympathy for that view here in Canada; I think it is an Americanism.

Flawed as it is, it is the only international body around. If there are any problems with UN, try to fix it, there is no reason to throw away the bay with the bathwater by withdrawing from it.