The IDF's human shields

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
These war crimes and others are detailed here in these two reports:

Amnesty International
22 Days of Death and Destruction
http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/a...a74-4853-860f-0563725e633a/mde150152009en.pdf

and

HUMAN RIGHTS IN PALESTINE AND OTHER
OCCUPIED ARAB TERRITORIES
Report of the United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict
http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/specialsession/9/docs/UNFFMGC_Report.pdf

I've already started a string on this forum here:
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/i...esty-international-report-operation-cast.html

and I've summarized the contents:

Palestinians fired rockets at civilians targets in Israel, which resulted in 4 deaths, three civilian and one soldier. Inside Gaza, 9 Israeli soldiers died, 4 as a result of friendly fire.

In Gaza, Israeli forces were responsible for 1,387-1,417 deaths, most of whom were civilians. Israeli forces deliberately attacked Palestinian civilians, civilian infrastructure and buildings in violation of international law. Among Israel's deliberate targets were UN shelters filled with women and children, hospitals, ambulances and police stations. In all but one case, these attacks did not pursue any justifiable military target. Israeli forces used chemical weapons, heavy artillery and flechettes recklessly in densely populated areas in violation of international law. Israeli forces deliberately attacked unarmed civilians carrying white flags, directed civilians to take shelter in buildings which were subsequently bombed and many other examples of direct targeting and arbitrary killing of unarmed civilians. Israeli forces deliberately destroyed industrial infrastructure, food production, sewage and water treatment facilities. They also wantonly bulldozed farms and buildings for livestock not justified by any military objective or necessity. They also systematically leveled many residential areas completely absent of any military objective or any link to combat activity.

Detained Palestinian civilians were subjected to humiliation, physical and mental abuse. Detained civilans including women and children were held in degrading conditions and deprived of food, water or access to sanitary facilities and exposed to the elements without shelter for extended periods of time. Israeli forces interrogated civilians under threat of death or injury to extract information about Palestinian combatants. Israeli soldiers used Palestinian civilians as human shields. Detained civilians were positioned in front of Israeli tank and artillery positions as they fired on Palestinian combatants. Israeli soldiers forced Palestinian civilians to walk in front of them as they actively engaged Palestinian combatants.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Gee Whiz, I wonder how many Israelis are released from Palestinian custody.....alive?

Anyone????????

Which is NOT intended to defend the use of human shields, I agree it is nasty, unacceptable, not right..........

And I don't give a Fiddler's F$#@ if it is a violation of (HAHAHA) "International Law".

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
Gee Whiz, I wonder how many Israelis are released from Palestinian custody.....alive?

Anyone????????

Which is NOT intended to defend the use of human shields, I agree it is nasty, unacceptable, not right..........

And I don't give a Fiddler's F$#@ if it is a violation of (HAHAHA) "International Law".

This is definitely a university level respose from our Baptist.
Buy your ONE Shot 2 Kills Tshirt today--show support for the honourable IDF----

Reactions: gopher