Israel's Shift to the Extreme Right

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Tomorrow Israel's new government will be officially sworn in. The new ruling coalition consists mostly of war mongers, racists and right wing extremists.

Binyamin Netanyahu ready to take charge of new Israeli government

After weeks of late-night negotiations, power-broking and patronage politics, the new Israeli government will be sworn in today, with Binyamin Netanyahu, leader of the rightwing Likud party, presiding over a motley coalition of the left, the ultra-orthodox and the secular extreme right.

The new government, which will have 69 of 120 seats in the Israeli Knesset, marks Netanyahu's return to the prime minister's office after his premiership of the late 1990s. Avigdor Lieberman, of the extreme right Israel Our Home party, has been appointed foreign minister, while Ehud Barak, leader of the electorally diminished Labour party, will keep his role as defence minister....

...critics fear the new coalition, dominated by the hard right, could have dire consequences for the Palestinian-Israeli peace process.

"Netanyahu doesn't believe in the feasibility of a two-state solution and thinks permanent status solutions are a waste of time," said Shlomo Brom, senior research associate at the Institute for National Security Studies....

...Netanyahu and Lieberman are reported to have struck a deal last week to build 3,000 new settlements around East Jerusalem...

Binyamin Netanyahu ready to take charge of new Israeli government | World news | The Guardian

Particularly repugnant is the racist Arab hating new Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman. At one time or another he has argued in favor of Israel bombing nearly every neighboring country including Egypt (Israel has a peace deal with Egypt). He wants to expand Jewish only colonies in the West Bank (He lives in one of these Jewish only colonies in the West Bank) and wants to level all Gaza's infrastructure and commercial centers. He supports taking away citizenship of Arab Israelis and transferring them to the West Bank and Gaza.

Avigdor Lieberman - branded Arab-hating racist - set to be Israeli foreign minister - Times Online

The rise of Lieberman means it’s time to withdraw aid and blockade Israel

Now its really going to hit the fan...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Guess the Palestinians should have taken a crack at peace when Barak was in , huh?

And perhaps electing Hamas was a mistake, huh?

The tragedy is that Hamas was elected (IMHO) mostly because Fatah was so corrupt, and Arafat destroyed any chance for peace in 2001.

there was a definite lack of alternatives.

Now everybody has to live with the consequences.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The consequences are obviously war. Its just a matter of how many countries and people are going to get dragged into it. I can't see how this can possibly turn out well for anyone including Israelis.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The consequences are obviously war. Its just a matter of how many countries and people are going to get dragged into it. I can't see how this can possibly turn out well for anyone including Israelis.

Actually, I agree.

A damn shame. I am no fan of Netan YAHOO!!! And Liebermann is beyond the Pale.

Perhaps the Palestinians will learn electing Hamas is like setting fire to your own pants.

That is the best that could come out of it.

Not that I ever expect the Palestinians to get ANOTHER chance to vote.....

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
Who are these idiots wolf? Posters? Leaders of Nations? Multi- national corporations? Hamas?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Actually, I agree.

A damn shame. I am no fan of Netan YAHOO!!! And Liebermann is beyond the Pale.

Perhaps the Palestinians will learn electing Hamas is like setting fire to your own pants.

That is the best that could come out of it.

Not that I ever expect the Palestinians to get ANOTHER chance to vote.....

Palestinians faced a pretty difficult choice in the last election:

a) A corrupt party which had sold them out for personal profit
b)A group of religious zealots who vowed to free them from injustice and oppresssion.

Back to Israel's new leadership. These people have stated they aren't interested in a two state solution or peace. What they want is to bomb and starve Gaza into submission and complete the process of turning the West Bank into a series of Gaza-like open air prisons.

Here is a possible scenario which could play out during their mandate:

Israel's new government completes the ethnic cleansing and annexation of the remainder of Jerusalem (which is well under way).
Israel annexing East Jerusalem, says EU | World news | The Guardian

They will covertly demolish the Al Aqsa Mosque and Dome of the Rock from underneath and try to blame it on "God's will". Likely Israeli excavations under these buildings have already weakened these structures to the point where even a minor earthquake could collapse them. (God's will?)

Maan News Agency

Protection of Islamic and Christian Holy Sites in Palestine

Arabs and Muslims won't believe that God had anything to do with the destruction of these holy structures. Riots will breakout throughout the Musim world. Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia... could be taken over by Muslim fundamentalist governments.

The new government builds the prophesied "The Third Temple" triggering WW III.

BTW, I don't believe in prophesies. I believe people believe in them and as a result they become self fulfilling.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Does anyone really think that a left leaning liberal Israeli goverment would have a chance, the Arabs would be all over them before they realized anything was happening.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Now you know what Wolf was thinking? You may consider yourself an IDIOT but I'm not with your flock.
Wolf, just howling without thought?

........the phrase has a little mark at the end that shows I too was inquiring as to the meaning of his post.......maybe you've seen one before.....

?

Used in sentences such as: "Who is an idiot?"

:roll:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Now you know what Wolf was thinking? You may consider yourself an IDIOT but I'm not with your flock.
Wolf, just howling without thought?

No... All would be relatively good guesses. Your cheap shot paints you as one of them - although I doubt if many people pay much attention to you.

I was thinking more along the lines of the people who use Canadian passports as shields, play Holocaust into National Grudge and whine their influence on Big Brother.

Don't quit your day job because a psychic, you aren't....

Last edited:

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
No... All would be relatively good guesses. Your cheap shot paints you as one of them - although I doubt if many people pay much attention to you.

I was thinking more along the lines of the people who use Canadian passports as shields, play Holocaust into National Grudge and whine their influence on Big Brother.

Don't quit your day job because a psychic, you aren't....

Thanks for your guesses. Holocaust--wolfie you silly little pup

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
You made a broad statement wolf--I simply asked who these IDIOTS were that to whom you are referring. Obviously you have no idea--just idiots--

As you see below I didn't guess I asked you and through out some seed.

My question was>>>Who are these idiots wolf? Posters? Leaders of Nations? Multi- national corporations? Hamas?

?

Used in sentences such as: "Who is an idiot?"<<< Colpies reply

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You made a broad statement wolf--I simply asked who these IDIOTS were that to whom you are referring. Obviously you have no idea--just idiots--

As you see below I didn't guess I asked you and through out some seed.

My question was>>>Who are these idiots wolf? Posters? Leaders of Nations? Multi- national corporations? Hamas?

?

Used in sentences such as: "Who is an idiot?"<<< Colpies reply

Obviously, if you read beyond what you want to read and got into just those words before you - and if you knew the facts as reality knows them, I know exactly to which idiots I refer. I will not say Zionist for that gets all the apologists up in arms and tossing names like Jew-hater about ... just the same as I will not say Hamas (rattles Muslim bones)or Nazi (I have nothing against the German people either)

Perhaps the biggest problem with this world is the twits with the littlest of minds are also they with the biggest mouths....