America Cuts And Runs Again

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The President of United States Of America said that all American soldiers would be out of Iraq in the middle of next year.

Why does it not surprise me that America is ready to pull out of Iraq and leave the defenseless people to be slaughtered by the terrorists A war that the people of Iraq did not want and a regime change that could have waited till a later date.

This is what happened in Vietnam when the Americans left the enemy came down from the hills and slaughtered the people that helped the American that promised that they would never leave until the job was done or a brokered peace was in effect.

The world has to tell America that it cannot attack or invade another country unless it is willing to either occupy it like Germany or fix the problem.

In Iraq the problem is not fixed and if they leave the Bath party will take over and there will be another enemy that America has to deal with.

Then President Obama said that the troops would be deployed back to Afghanistan to find Osama Bin Laden.

Is it me or is this another installment of the Twilight Zone or do I have to deal with another Catch 22.

President Bush Sr. got it right the first time when it chased Iraq out of Kuwait back to Iraq and put sanctions and an embargo on Iraq until they got rid of their weapons of mass destruction.

When the World Trade Centre was attacked by terrorists from Saudi Arabia President Bush Jr. attacked Afghanistan because the Taliban did not want to hand over Osama. Then Sadam had to pay for his sins of his past with a full attack from American and his two hundred and fifty thousand soldier military force.

I am against war and always believe that negations are a better option.

I understand that a lot of American soldiers died in Iraq for their country and it’s time to end it, but by pulling out all the soldiers will bring harm to the people of Iraq. When these people die is the American public willing to take their blood onto their hands? Can President Obama live with his decision?

Time will tell.

I just hope and pray that America will not start another conflict.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:angry3:......They can stay in Iraq till hell freezes, far as I'm concerned.

Just get our boys (Canadians) t'hell outa Afghanistan by the date promised. Sooner if possible.

Proving nothing.
Being killed for nothing.
Used as cannon fodder to prop up a tribal state, which will revert ASAP after our troops are gone.
Being used as a suck-up by our politicos to the great US of A.

I weep for our soldiers killed there, and their families without sons and husbands here.

Harper should be bullwhipped.

:angry3:

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
If Harper doesn't change his mind or does not get a majority on another hastely called election the all Canadian soldiers will be back home in 2011

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
:angry3:......They can stay in Iraq till hell freezes, far as I'm concerned.

Just get our boys (Canadians) t'hell outa Afghanistan by the date promised. Sooner if possible.

Proving nothing.
Used as cannon fodder to prop up a tribal state, which will revert ASAP after our troops are gone.

I weep for our soldiers killed there, and their families without sons and husbands here.

:angry3:

....by Ignatieff... umm. best hold off on that. Harpo might just be into that

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Liberalman;1059532]The President of United States Of America said that all American soldiers would be out of Iraq in the middle of next year.

Read again: he said combat operations will cease for American troops and MOST of the 140,000 troops there now will be withdrawn.....as many as 50,000 will stay to train Iraqi troops, enhance security, and conduct anti-terrorist operations.

Why does it not surprise me that America is ready to pull out of Iraq and leave the defenseless people to be slaughtered by the terrorists

They aren't. See above

A war that the people of Iraq did not want and a regime change that could have waited till a later date.

No argument there.

This is what happened in Vietnam when the Americans left the enemy came down from the hills and slaughtered the people that helped the American that promised that they would never leave until the job was done or a brokered peace was in effect.

Wrong on so two counts. First, the Americans are NOT leaving Iraq. See above.

second, when the US withdrew its troops in 1972-73 from Vietbnam, there WAS a brokered peace treaty in place......which was brokem by North Vietnam as soon as it was convenient. the USA simply did not re-enter the war.

The world has to tell America that it cannot attack or invade another country unless it is willing to either occupy it like Germany or fix the problem.

It is doing so.....see reply at top.

In Iraq the problem is not fixed and if they leave the Bath party will take over and there will be another enemy that America has to deal with.

I doubt the Ba'ath Party has much of a future in Iraq.....and if it does, it will be elected democratically, and FOR SURE Saddam Hussein won't be leading it.:smile:

Then President Obama said that the troops would be deployed back to Afghanistan to find Osama Bin Laden.

Is it me or is this another installment of the Twilight Zone or do I have to deal with another Catch 22.

President Bush Sr. got it right the first time when it chased Iraq out of Kuwait back to Iraq and put sanctions and an embargo on Iraq until they got rid of their weapons of mass destruction.

When the World Trade Centre was attacked by terrorists from Saudi Arabia President Bush Jr. attacked Afghanistan because the Taliban did not want to hand over Osama. Then Sadam had to pay for his sins of his past with a full attack from American and his two hundred and fifty thousand soldier military force.

I am against war and always believe that negations are a better option.

I understand that a lot of American soldiers died in Iraq for their country and it’s time to end it, but by pulling out all the soldiers will bring harm to the people of Iraq. When these people die is the American public willing to take their blood onto their hands? Can President Obama live with his decision?

Time will tell.

I just hope and pray that America will not start another conflict

Yada yada. George Jr. was simply trying to finish the job George Sr. didn't.....

Daddy, though, was much the better man, IMHO

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Read again: he said combat operations will cease for American troops and MOST of the 140,000 troops there now will be withdrawn.....as many as 50,000 will stay to train Iraqi troops, enhance security, and conduct anti-terrorist operations.

They aren't. See above

No argument there.

Wrong on so two counts. First, the Americans are NOT leaving Iraq. See above.

second, when the US withdrew its troops in 1972-73 from Vietbnam, there WAS a brokered peace treaty in place......which was brokem by North Vietnam as soon as it was convenient. the USA simply did not re-enter the war.

It is doing so.....see reply at top.

I doubt the Ba'ath Party has much of a future in Iraq.....and if it does, it will be elected democratically, and FOR SURE Saddam Hussein won't be leading it.:smile:

Yada yada. George Jr. was simply trying to finish the job George Sr. didn't.....

Daddy, though, was much the better man, IMHO

True enough

But....

George Jr. was simply trying to finish the job George Sr. didn't.....

It was an inferiority thing (rightly so)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
From the bottom up: Nuggler
Be that as it may, Harper did NOT get us into Afghanistan, nor did he choose the mission; if that is your problem, you can blame jean (the Don) Chretien.

As do I.

Proving nothing.

Baloney. And it discredits those who fought to take this attitude. First of all, we are merely living up to our commitments, made years ago in mutual defense treaties with the USA: our national honour demands we be there.......
As for the "tribal state', perhaps, but currently a much better state than the one before......and NOT a state that supports attacks on us.
Being killed for nothing? No. to prevent attacks on us or our allies. To prevent the re-emergence of a state that throws acid in little girls' faces to prevent them going to school......to prevent the rebirth of a Dark Ages entity that hates the light, and the West, and who considers Canada one of its prime targets, to try and help the people of Afghanistan......In his book , Contact Charlie, Chris Wattie talks of Afghans in Khandahar coming out into the street to cheer Canadians, to throw them loaves of bread, because the canadians had just killed a bunch of Taliban. Don't see that on the CBC, do you?

I hate to see Canadians leave in the middle of a fight, but Dammit, much of the rest of NATO is shirking, we have done a marvelous job, and most importantly, the fight is getting increasingly unpopular at home........so, home we go. In 2011, not before.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The war in Afghanistan is not some holy crusade.....or even a war against terror. It is another bloody oil war that we have wasted a hundred and ten soldiers dead and a lot more wounded. ninety percent of our casualties are from roadside bombs or car bombs. The explosives are coming from Pakistan. If we have to be there, the quicker that border is shut down the better. The way the war is going right now, there is no chance of winning and we might just as well pull out now.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Two things I would like to see.

1/ All foreign nations pull out of Afghanistan in the next 6 months
2/ Make sure you disarm Pakistan's nuclear capability before you leave that area of the world