Shoe thrown at Bush (great legacy)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:cool:..........It's about 8 years too late, but, that guy was close enough to shoot him.

Not that I would EVER condone such an act.:roll: Just a passing thought.

8O

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Good for the iraqi, but he will probably be dealt with harshly, if bush had his way,
he would throw him in guantomino, along with many others who have done nothing
wrong.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Shoe thrown at Bush (great legacy)

Thank God that guy threw his shoes at GWB leaving him empty handed. If he
had a stapler, and the RCMP where present, this could have ended very badly
for that Iranian Reporter....At least he's live to tell the tale.

There's room for a "Weapons of Mass Stapling" pun if anyone is interested in
throwing it out there....

Reactions: Scott Free

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Looks good on bushinski, Too bad the shoe missed.... In Iraq that is considered a great insult.

The yanks have great security, eh?? On second thought maybe they want him dead...

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Bush has great reflexes. We should all be as agile at his age, 62.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It does seem odd. One shoe tossed wasn't good enough for security to stand up. Had to be a second.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
maybe physically, but mentally there is not much there.

Judging from the damage he's caused, I'm beginning to think he was just playing dumb so we'd think he was too much of a fool to pull it off all by himself. He may be just really crafty and let Rumsfeld and Cheney take the fall.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
I was kind of hoping it was a `shoe-bomb`.

Would have been appropriate that Mr Bush had his cranial matter splattered inside the country his war-crimes were carried out.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Bush has great reflexes. We should all be as agile at his age, 62.

Practice makes perfect ehh? Bush has been ducking the tough questions for the last 8.9 years! He didn't have any folksy replies for that one! :lol:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
He could be a good hockey goalie.

Not really, if they both smacked him in the face then I'd agree with ya.... but you're not supposed to let the puck passed ya, doncha know? :p

It does seem odd. One shoe tossed wasn't good enough for security to stand up. Had to be a second.

Well I guess when you toss your shoe at someone is a pretty bad insult (Which feet and shoes are considered some of the most offensive and disgusting things since they're on the ground all the time and all..... which is why you wash your feet) but throwing two is supposed to be just about as bad as you can get. And apparently the reporter is an Iraqi who has been there covering everything that has been happening in Iraq since day one. So I can sorta imagine why he threw his shoes at him. Considering he probably has so much pent up over the last few years, he's lucky he didn't go and suicide the whole place.

Then again, they probably already checked everybody for bombs, knives and guns before they went in.

I guess now in the future all US Presidential speeches to the media will require no shoes beyond entrance. :roll:

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
He is being interrogated, now.An Iraqi journalist who threw his pair of shoes at U.S. President George W. Bush during a press conference in Baghdad Sunday is being held for interrogation over whether he was paid to interrupt the President's address.Muntadar al-Zeidi, a reporter of Iraqi TV news channel Al-Baghdadia, was also tested for alcohol and drugs by the Iraqi Prime Minister's guards, media reports said Monday.

But...

Saddam Hussein's former lawyer said on Monday that he was forming a team to defend the Iraqi journalist who hurled his shoes at US President George W. Bush during his farewell visit to Baghdad.

"So far around 200 Iraqi and other lawyers, including Americans, have expressed willingness to defend the journalist for free," the Amman-based Khalil al-Dulaimi told AFP.

"I took the decision on Sunday night to defend the man after the incident. I am currently contacting Arab bar associations to form a defence committee."

I think the guy should get a medal.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
I guess now in the future all US Presidential speeches to the media will require no shoes beyond entrance
HAHA just like in a mosque or somethin

I was lookin at a mainly southern US based site and a lot of the folks were saying that the Iraqi "embarassed his country" by doing this, as if they're not even allowed to HATE what has happened at the hands of the Bush admin