STOP WAR - look after the poor

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Iraq was a lye, Afghanistan was an unjustified invasion and the cost of both wars has cost all countries involved $TRILLIONS.........................THE POOR in parts of the world including Canada are dieing in the streets, Bush calls it Democratic Capitalism, and Harper is a follower...

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Yeah but war makes for good TV and movies.

Nobody cares about the poor which is why most people switch the channel when they are shown real poverty.

Greed always trumps poverty.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Yeah but war makes for good TV and movies.

Nobody cares about the poor which is why most people switch the channel when they are shown real poverty.

Greed always trumps poverty.

That part is so sad :-(. Glory and triumph often is archived on the backs of the poor..:angryfire:......

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Socrates, why don't you be and example then by donating 100% of your income to the homeless, only to watch it be spent on booze and drugs.

mikemac

Nominee Member
Oct 13, 2008
Canada
Iraq was a lye, Afghanistan was an unjustified invasion and the cost of both wars has cost all countries involved $TRILLIONS.........................THE POOR in parts of the world including Canada are dieing in the streets, Bush calls it Democratic Capitalism, and Harper is a follower...

For sure, bring the Canadian troops home from Afghanistan.

Fix our problems here.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Socrates, why don't you be and example then by donating 100% of your income to the homeless, only to watch it be spent on booze and drugs.

100%?

Don't be dumb.

I run a charity every year and have seen the face of poverty, if you like I will share a story of despair for you that doesn't involve your preconditions on what the poor are.

I suspect instead of the truth you will switch the channel in ignorance.

Last edited:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
100%?

Don't be dumb.

I run a charity every year and have see the face of poverty, if you like I will share a story of despair for you that doesn't involve your preconditions on what the poor are.

I was exaggerating the point of the homeless spending what what they have on booze and drugs, but sadly a lot of them do, in Toronto anyways.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
For sure, bring the Canadian troops home from Afghanistan.

Fix our problems here.

Isn't it crazy we spend Billions on War and people who are called Canadian youth on glue or the poor with no food, these are souls no different....

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I was exaggerating the point of the homeless spending what what they have on booze and drugs, but sadly a lot of them do, in Toronto anyways.

Why did you exaggerate, the purpose of such a comment eludes me.

Perhaps it's what you believe.

Ever talk to a homeless guy, try, you may learn something.

Volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen and if you aren't moved in some way you have no soul.

Drugs and booze are a serious part of it but in many cases it's mental illness that gets them there.

Reactions: Outta here

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Why did you exaggerate, the purpose of such a comment eludes me.

Perhaps it's what you believe.

Ever talk to a homeless guy, try, you may learn something.

Volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen and if you aren't moved in some way you have no soul.

Drugs and booze are a serious part of it but in many cases it's mental illness that gets them there.

It takes insensitivity to arrive at this dumb statement................Durcka is a intolerant bigot......

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
In some of those cases, it's a fall from good fortune followed closely by mean-spirited or non-existent social service programs too. Most folks are just two paycheques away from it....

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Not sure I'd use the word bigot but I'm not convinced he understands poverty, his statement was more of an attack on you.

He has been attacking me from day one, I think for the time I have been posting here I have made a diligent effort to be friends with fellow posters. I always find that some people will make derogatory statements, with no real true bases of fact........................

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
He has been attacking me from day one, I think for the time I have been posting here I have made a diligent effort to be friends with fellow posters. I always find that some people will make derogatory statements, with no real true bases of fact........................

Well you can be a bit of a pest.

I'm nothing like that.;-)

mikemac

Nominee Member
Oct 13, 2008
Canada
In some of those cases, it's a fall from good fortune followed closely by mean-spirited or non-existent social service programs too. Most folks are just two paycheques away from it....

You got that right.

For that reason alone Canada should not be spending billions on the war in Afghanistan to support an American agenda.

I believe I heard on the news that there are protests in cities all across Canada today against the war in Afghanistan.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Correct, we helped out a family who had lost the father to cancer, when we brought them a basket containing food and toys the kids went for the food first....it was sad but gratifying at the same time, I'm not afraid to admit I wept.:-(