Extraterrestrials -real or not?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
(This is a link and cut n paste-free thread. Discussion only. Allow limited photo presentation. Excess photo and any links/paste posts will be removed)

Extraterrestrials -real or not? Is Earth visited by other worldly beings? Yes, no, why?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The universe is estimated to be 16 billion years old. In all that time, surely civilizations have come and gone in every point in space. Our planet is around 4.5 billion years in age. Heck, we might be some Nanonano U student's life history thesis...

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
I think it's unlikely that we are alone. Considering how much water is found in our own solar system, not to mention how extreme life can get here on Earth, I'd be surprised if life didn't exist elsewhere. That is, simple life. I, however, do not think they're flying around in ships above our heads studying us from a far. If life is rare, then intelligent life must be extremely rare.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
We are the only measure of intelligence we know. That may very well be a bug splat on the windshield of smarts....

True enough. And who are we to judge, anyway? Not all creatures, I'm sure, think the same way we do. I was referring more to the difference between life that creates giant civilizations and destroys their planet (haha yes, intelligent, not exactly the right word now is it?) and the creatures that live their lives based on instinct.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Humans think instinctively too. Crows can bend wire to hook food. There are all kinds of animals that clearly reason intelligently. Religion assigned intelligence and reason to mankind and instinct and reflex to the others, the animals.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm sure there are other beings out there. If we think about this for a bit, we would see that the nearest star that might have planets with advanced civilization on them is light years away. According to our current physics, faster than light travel is not possible, but maybe a sufficiently advanced civilization could come up with a way to either go faster than light or attain very long life so they could survive the long time needed to travel between the stars. Another question that comes to my mind is; why do these very advanced beings want to come and see us? I think there are extraterrestrial civilization out there but I don't think they visit us.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Visit ... or observe? Why do biologists look at pond scum with such interest? Another good question.... If they're advanced enough to have developed the technology to get them across immense distances in a timespace convenient enough to do it ... why do we call them "creatures"?

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
One question to you then...? How big is our galaxy.? OK then how many solar systems are in our galaxy .?Then assume what are the possibilities of other galaxies containing solar systems and how many there could be.? And what is the likely hood of life being in any of them .?Well if you think that there could not be the slim chance of that, then consider other dimensions beyond time and space ..!
Unknown to us such as ghosts and appararitions that live in a separate dimension out side time and space ...!!!
So in answer to you question...!!!
OF course there is life in space other then humanly..!! you must still believe in a flat earth if you cannot understand that there would be...in the vastness of space regardless of all the documentary evidence that proves such..

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com

Last edited:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
(This is a link and cut n paste-free thread. Discussion only. Allow limited photo presentation. Excess photo and any links/paste posts will be removed)

Extraterrestrials -real or not? Is Earth visited by other worldly beings? Yes, no, why?

Well as said in "Contact", if there isn't, it's an awful waste of space.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com

Actual photograph of object under attack

The Battle of Los Angeles
look it up for your selfs the americans thought this was the japs they attacked it for over an hour none of the shells or bullets even scratched it it well documented it happened The early morning hours of 2-25-42 end of story they exist

Last edited:

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
1. We are beings without rational thought under extreme stress
2. We have different genetic DNA make-up contrast to monkeys and ALL primates.
3. Scientists assume we evolved but cannot/offer weak explaination of our differentiation from primates concerning DNA make-up
4. Yes, somethings are without explaination and theories/evidence lack power to bring out about truth of life.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I have thought at times, that, we were placed here by 'others' from 'other' planet or planets in the galaxy, brought here in all colors, along with some animals, and set here and there around the
earth, as an experiment for 'them', to look back later to see how we did.

Maybe they check on us from time to time, probably abandoned us by now, as the
experiment 'failed'.;-)

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Oh my yes, I have a "Space Gorilla" in a deep freeze right now that is available for all your testing and scientific type investigations. Bidding starts at one million dollars.

Here is the clearest picture of it I could take.

You can even see his "Space Junk" hanging out in the back ground.

:roll:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Oh my yes, I have a "Space Gorilla" in a deep freeze right now that is available for all your testing and scientific type investigations. Bidding starts at one million dollars.

Here is the clearest picture of it I could take.

You can even see his "Space Junk" hanging out in the back ground.

:roll:

Unf I look at your "space gorilla" and I see him facing to the right in the picture. About halfway down what appears to be the body, there is a peculiar protuberance. I wonder what you make of that?