Support for Obama

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
German SPD Leader Breaks Customs, Backs Obama

SPD chairman Kurt Beck said the whole world would be better off with a President Obama instead of another Republican administration.

By endorsing the Democrats, Beck broke a tacit rule to refrain from any intervention in foreign elections.

"I'd like to say very openly that I really do hope that he wins," Beck told journalists after a speech in the eastern town of Erfurt.

"It would be good for the whole world if there is an America that doesn't close itself off to the environmental challenges we face, an America that doesn't veto social and ecological programmes or does not support them.

"I'd be delighted if we would have an America like that, an America that wants to tackle those problems," said Beck, who is far behind conservative Chancellor Angela Merkel in opinion polls and may opt to appoint his more popular deputy Frank-Walter Steinmeier as chancellor candidate in 2009's vote.

Even though the left-leaning SPD is a natural partner to the U.S. Democrats, German leaders on both the left and right have strictly avoided taking sides in any foreign elections, especially with the United States.

Former Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, Beck's predecessor as SPD chairman, was long ostracized by President George W. Bush's administration for his outspoken opposition to any invasion of Iraq, calls that were ignored in Washington.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/washi...s-germany.html
---------------------------------------------------------------
Good to hear a sensible voice from Germany!! I guess he dared to speak up, because he has nothing to lose.

At the time, I was very proud of Chancellor Schroeder. In the meantime Germany has realigned itself very closely to the Bush dictates.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Mr. Obama

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton formally threw her support behind Senator Barack Obama, clearing the way for Mr. Obama to head into the general election.
Well not much opposition now is there..? Mr. Obama to head into the general election.!
who are the candidates?

Democrats
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Senator from New York
Barack Obama
Senator from Illinois

Republicans
John McCain
Senator from Arizona
Ron Paul
Representative from Texas

Ron paul ive heard a few things about him not all good.! At one point i did think he may have a chance but not now Obama has more charisma .more reach.:idea:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Well not much opposition now is there..? Mr. Obama to head into the general election.!
who are the candidates?

Democrats
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Senator from New York
Barack Obama
Senator from Illinois

Republicans
John McCain
Senator from Arizona
Ron Paul
Representative from Texas

Ron paul ive heard a few things about him not all good.! At one point i did think he may have a chance but not now Obama has more charisma .more reach.:idea:

Ron Paul has been out of this race for months.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It is McCain vs Obama.

Pray, as a Canadian, that McCain wins.

Although better Obama than Clinton.

Did anybody notice Obama expressed his unwavering support for Israel, and his determination that Iran will not be allowed nuclear weapons?

He is sounding more like a sensible leader every day.n :)

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Quandary:
Its easy to understand why the cat has eclipsed the dog as modern America's favorite pet. People like pets to possess the same qualities they do. Cats are irresponsible and recognize no authority, yet are completely dependent on others for their material needs. Cats cannot be made to do anything useful. Cats are mean for the fun of it.

We have a saying in German:
"Huete dich vor Katzen, die vorne lecken und hinten kratzen!!"

Beware of cats that lick in the front, but scratch in the back!!;-)

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Clinton finally ends campaign, backs Obama

In a speech at the National Building Museum in Washington on Saturday, Clinton called for unity for the fractured Democratic Party and fully and -unequivocally endorsed her rival - Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois.

The rookie senator is the first black candidate to capture a major U.S. party's presidential nomination. He is going up against Sen. John McCain of Arizona, the presumptive Republican nominee.

"The way to continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand is to take our energy, our passions, our strengths and do all we can to help elect Barack Obama the next president of the United States," she said.

"Today as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary campaign he has won. I endorse him and throw my full support behind him and I ask of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me.
Clinton said she was standing with Obama to "say, 'Yes, we can,'" using Obama's signature line.

There has been rampant speculation about Clinton's future. This week she said she was "open" to the vice-presidency, although it is hardly a certainty.

Obama launched a VP search committee on Wednesday.

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc...on_ends_080607
------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope Hillary doesn't turn out to be a cat just to get into the White House.

Well, first Obama has to have all his wits, and then some, about him to defeat McCain.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quandary.... I only expanded on your post, because you beat me to it!;-):smile:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Clinton finally ends campaign, backs Obama

In a speech at the National Building Museum in Washington on Saturday, Clinton called for unity for the fractured Democratic Party and fully and -unequivocally endorsed her rival - Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois.

The rookie senator is the first black candidate to capture a major U.S. party's presidential nomination. He is going up against Sen. John McCain of Arizona, the presumptive Republican nominee.

"The way to continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand is to take our energy, our passions, our strengths and do all we can to help elect Barack Obama the next president of the United States," she said.

"Today as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary campaign he has won. I endorse him and throw my full support behind him and I ask of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me.
Clinton said she was standing with Obama to "say, 'Yes, we can,'" using Obama's signature line.

There has been rampant speculation about Clinton's future. This week she said she was "open" to the vice-presidency, although it is hardly a certainty.

Obama launched a VP search committee on Wednesday.

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc...on_ends_080607
------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope Hillary doesn't turn out to be a cat just to get into the White House.

Well, first Obama has to have all his wits, and then some, about him to defeat McCain.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quandary.... I only expanded on your post, because you beat me to it!;-):smile:
Never happen, McCain is the war machine the M.I.C. wants.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Never happen, McCain is the war machine the M.I.C. wants.
Hi, Scratch;
this is your second abreviation on his page I don't get!:-(

MIC = Motorcycle Industry Coucil?
BFE-Way off base = by far ever ?

Have time to explain??

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Hi, Scratch;
this is your second abreviation on his page I don't get!:-(

MIC = Motorcycle Industry Coucil?
BFE-Way off base = by far ever ?

Have time to explain??
MIC=Military Industrial Complex.
BFE=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BFE
Regards,
scratch

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It is McCain vs Obama.

Pray, as a Canadian, that McCain wins.

Although better Obama than Clinton.

Did anybody notice Obama expressed his unwavering support for Israel, and his determination that Iran will not be allowed nuclear weapons?

He is sounding more like a sensible leader every day.n :)

He has always supported Israel, and has always stated that he wants to be diplomatic,
and talk to Iran, and has never supported Iran having Nuclear weapons.
He words things in a different way than you want to hear them, but we understand
his meaning, and won't distort it.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
He has always supported Israel, and has always stated that he wants to be diplomatic,
and talk to Iran, and has never supported Iran having Nuclear weapons.
He words things in a different way than you want to hear them, but we understand
his meaning, and won't distort it.
Do we really? This is a Buckaroo! When was the last time you believed one? He words things differently to mislead. Cagy one and good at it.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Do we really? This is a Buckaroo! When was the last time you believed one? He words things differently to mislead. Cagy one and good at it.

I'm not dumb, and I understand how politics work, but I am also a very good judge of
people, and I don't think he is lieing, and till he does, I will respect him and wish him the
best. People have to actually do some thing disgusting and hurtful and dishonest, as the
Bush government has done, then I know, so now, we will give him every chance in the
world, as he is working hard for that, and deserves it.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I'm not dumb, and I understand how politics work, but I am also a very good judge of
people, and I don't think he is lieing, and till he does, I will respect him and wish him the
best. People have to actually do some thing disgusting and hurtful and dishonest, as the
Bush government has done, then I know, so now, we will give him every chance in the
world, as he is working hard for that, and deserves it.

Hmmmmm

I don't really have a big problem with Obama.......except on gun control, and the US Supreme Court is about to settle THAT issue........

But McCain deserves the Presidency so much more..........

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Hmmmmm

I don't really have a big problem with Obama.......except on gun control, and the US Supreme Court is about to settle THAT issue........

How com I'm suddenly gagging and heaving:lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Hmmmmm

Does Uncle Sam's world image really deserve another Republican? Geez, here I thought you were a friend to the US....