Zimbabwe...no end to the power struggle!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Troops 'must back Mugabe or quit'

Zimbabwe's army chief has told soldiers they must leave the military if they do not vote for incumbent President Robert Mugabe in next month's run-off poll.
Chief-of-staff Maj Gen Martin Chedondo said soldiers had signed up to protect Mr Mugabe's principles of defending the revolution, state media reported.
"If you have other thoughts, then you should remove that uniform," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7429238.stm
-----------------------------------------------------------
If I could I would urge the military to lay down their weapons and hand back their uniform. The only way to remove this dictator is with a bullet, or all people unite and throw him out!!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Zimbabwe teachers face punishment

Teachers are being targeted, the Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ) says, and many are now fleeing.
More than 5,000 teachers have been beaten, about 600 hospitalized and 231 teachers' houses burnt, the union says.
Raymond Majongwe, PTUZ secretary general, says the number of teachers being attacked is growing by the day and as a result the quality of education is suffering.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7413165.stm
-----------------------------------------------------------
Here is an example what being targeted means:
Zimbabwean school teacher Patrick (not his real name) is angry and in pain.
He has three broken ribs, a bandaged right arm and is barely able to sit up; traces of blood can be seen in the drip attached to his stomach.

Two weeks ago he was beaten with iron bars in the northern Mashonaland Central Province.
He says the ruling Zanu-PF party youths who attacked him wanted to know why his school, used as a polling station in the 29 March elections, recorded a high figure of opposition voters.
I's appalling what the Zanu/Mugabe supporters will do in desperation to save their grip on power!!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Zimbabwe 'run by military junta'

Opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai says Zimbabwe country "is effectively being run by a military junta".
He said 66 opposition supporters had been killed in political violence since March's disputed presidential elections and 200 more were unaccounted for.
Mr Tsvangirai said a total of 3,000 MDC supporters had been hospitalised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7446326.stm
----------------------------------------------------------
What a brutal regime to live under!!! Does nobody have a spare bullet??;-);-)

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Dancing_Loon

Until the United States decides that a particular regime is "bad" nothing will happen. One of the most fundamental weaknesses in the structure of the United Nations is that European and nearly all other nations who could do something...are blackmailed and bribe by the United States until they're essentially puppets of the American regime.

While Iraq stands out in the minds of most people today, as a criminal act perpetrated by America..... the European Union and other nations stand around with their hands in their pockets whining and crying about a situation ....and waiting for America to step in and commit millions of dollars and "forces".....in essence, abbrogating their responsibility and then waiting for an opportunity to ladle disdain and contempt on America.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Dancing_Loon

Until the United States decides that a particular regime is "bad" nothing will happen. One of the most fundamental weaknesses in the structure of the United Nations is that European and nearly all other nations who could do something...are blackmailed and bribe by the United States until they're essentially puppets of the American regime.

While Iraq stands out in the minds of most people today, as a criminal act perpetrated by America..... the European Union and other nations stand around with their hands in their pockets whining and crying about a situation ....and waiting for America to step in and commit millions of dollars and "forces".....in essence, abbrogating their responsibility and then waiting for an opportunity to ladle disdain and contempt on America.

Okay, Mikey, enough Bull****. If anyone ladles "distain and contempt on America" with no excuse, it is you.

One is willing tio put up with your serious obsession with the "evil empire" to the south of us when the United States even remotely has something to do with the subject at hand. It does, however, get incredibly tiresome when one is discussing things that have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the USA.

China feeds Mugabe support, aid and weapons. China is a permanent member of the UN ruling body, with veto power, and would veto any move against Mugabe. How come no attack on them?

Great Britain was the colonial master, why no criticism of them?

How can you possibly misdirect a discussion of Mugabe into criticism of the USA?

You are seriously obsessed. It is not a healthy thing.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Dancing_Loon

Until the United States decides that a particular regime is "bad" nothing will happen.
Hi, Mikey;
I didn't mean the Americans to step in, although they are the world's police force it seems, they don't have the resources right now while they are already fighting two wars. I meant the Africans themselves to come together and relieve one of their buddy-nations of its tormentor.
One of the most fundamental weaknesses in the structure of the United Nations is that European and nearly all other nations who could do something...are blackmailed and bribed by the United States until they're essentially puppets of the American regime.
Yes, that is true in many cases, but with Zimbabwe I don't see America stunting the Europeans into non-action. For the UN to step in forcefully the situation is not yet catastrophic enough.
I get the feeling the Europeans are standing aside, watching, is because they used to rule and manage the black Continent until a few decades ago. They could still be sore for having been ousted, and now they watch with glee how the blacks struggle under the leadership of their own countrymen.
I see it as a survival tactic! "You are either with us or against us!" Bush doesn't allow for a middle road. But I think in the case of Z. Mugabe works in favour of the US, that is destabilize the country, split and create strife and chaos. That way they would kill each other. Bush couldn't care less, although the CIA killers are capable of and have eliminated undesirables in other African States. One would have to examine the economic and/or geopolitical advantages why the US interferes here and not there.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
What I really don't get is the logical underpinnings of why its only America.

That the American government does evil things in the name of greed and power. Sure, a fairly easy to defend and pretty logical arguement in the grande scheme of things (power corrupts).

But that all evil someone is the root of American influence I don't get. Where did all the evil in the rest of the world that caused colonialism go.

If America is a closet dictatorship, what do you call the corruptions in open dictatorship? China has more hold on America than America does on China.

Why is it you think of the 6 billion people in the world the only ones with a megolomaniacal stint towards greed and Corruption are the 300 million mixed cultured people in America.

Chinese are Saints, Europeans are Saints, Indians are Saints, Russians are Saints, the Japanese are Saints, but with their powers combined: They form the ultimate evil- Americans.

Seriously? You can't see how naive it is to think America is the only place greed and corruption spring from.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
What I really don't get is the logical underpinnings of why its only America.
Hi, Zzarchov;
to answer your question, I think it could in part have to do with the proximity range. Further, the Americans fill the newspapers and TV shows. And lately... but necessarily not lastly... the Bush admin. and their devastating foreign policies. Because of the disappointing present leadership, we tend to look back down that tunnel of time and see that it isn't just Bush, although he tops them all so far, his predecessors have been domineering and bullish as well to enhance the USA's power and dominance over other nations.
That the American government does evil things in the name of greed and power. Sure, a fairly easy to defend and pretty logical argument in the grand scheme of things (power corrupts).
Yes, power wants more power, just as money wants more money... Americans don't hold a patent on that trait!. Russia and China are the same... holding on and expanding their power grip by force.
But that all evil somehow is the root of American influence, I don't get. Where did all the evil in the rest of the world that caused colonialism go.
As I suggested above, our close proximity to the Empire diverts our eyes and senses from looking farther. But you really can't say we are exclusively harping on and criticizing the Americans. You have to admit, Zzarkov, that it is made very easy by simply looking into the ME.

I was aware of China trying to deliver a load of weapons to the Mugabe regime. Firstly, they don't mind making money no matter where, and that's o.k. IF they have other ideas in their head as well, I'm not aware of right now.
If America is a closet dictatorship, what do you call the corruptions in open dictatorship? China has more hold on America than America does on China.
I think China is more or less preparing itself not to get attacked or intimidated by either US or Russia. They even may have ambitions to some day in the future replace the United States of America as the World Power. You already acknowledged China has more hold on America as reversed. How many billions does the US owe to China? I don't have the figure in my head.
Why is it you think of the 6 billion people in the world the only ones with a megolomaniacal stint towards greed and Corruption are the 300 million mixed cultured people in America.
I already answered that... it is so obvious.
Chinese are Saints, Europeans are Saints, Indians are Saints, Russians are Saints, the Japanese are Saints, but with their powers combined: They form the ultimate evil- Americans.
Alright, alright! Don't go overboard!:roll:I already got your point! But tell and show me where else on the globe do you observe such power corruption that could compete with the Americans? Don't name Israel.... they are part of the US.
Seriously? You can't see how naive it is to think America is the only place greed and corruption spring from.
NO! I also can't see where this was emphasized by me as an all-exclusive fact! Because this is a Canadian forum and by proximity to the States, it comes as a "natural" to criticize them.
On a personal note, I wish the Americans would be a shining star of democracy and fair justice, be benevolent and helpful to weaker nations. I would much rather admire them! Maybe one day I will embrace them and press them to my heart for having become a truly great New Age Nation!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Mugabe's rival pulls out of election

HARARE, Zimbabwe — Zimbabwean opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai pulled out of a run-off election against President Robert Mugabe on Sunday, saying a free and fair poll was impossible in the current climate of violence.

"We in the MDC have resolved that we will no longer participate in this violent, illegitimate sham of an election process," he told reporters in Harare.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rnational/home

One truly cannot blame him for quitting... his life as well as the lives of others are at stake. Mugabe shuns no tactic to stay in power.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Zimbabwe opposition leader takes refuge in Dutch embassy

As international pressure mounted on Mugabe, with Britain and the United States raising the prospect of UN Security Council action, a spokesman for Dutch Foreign Minister Maxime Verhagen said Tsvangirai had spent the night in its mission in the Zimbabwe capital.

Police, some of them in riot gear, raided the headquarters of Tsvangirai's Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) on Monday afternoon.
MDC spokesman Nelson Chamisa said more than 60 people, many of them "victims of political violence" had been rounded up in the raid which he branded an "act of desperation and frustration" by Mugabe's regime in the wake of Tsvangirai's decision to opt out of Friday's run-off presidential vote.
A police spokesman denied any arrests and said 39 people had been taken away for health reasons.

"In forsaking the most basic tenet of governance -- the protection of its people -- the government of Zimbabwe must be held accountable by the international community," said US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
"The Mugabe regime cannot be considered legitimate in the absence of a runoff," Rice said.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown told parliament, "The international community must send a powerful and united message: that we will not recognise the fraudulent election rigging and the violence and intimidation of a criminal and discredited cabal."

UN chief Ban Ki-moon called Tsvangirai's withdrawal a "deeply distressing development" and a bad omen for the country's future, his spokesman said.

Efforts to resolve the crisis pressed ahead, however, with a high-level South African mediation team in Zimbabwe, a spokesman for President Thabo Mbeki said.
"They are engaging with all parties in Zimbabwe," Mukoni Rat****anga said.

http://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/afp/2...e-c1b2fc3.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mugabe probably laughs about how he can make them all hop and dance around him!! Is it possible he has gone slightly insane or demented?? His behavior surely isn't normal.

Good to hear the BIG GUYS are starting to pay attention. The Americans should take him on a rendition flight to Macedonia for some full-body massage! I wouldn't say a peep!:lol:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Today is the day the run-off voting takes place.

Voters being led to polls in Zimbabwe election

Zimbabwe voters headed to the polls on Friday to cast their ballots amid intimidation by heavily armed, pro-government groups.
The dictator "voting" for himself!!

President Robert Mugabe casts his vote on election day in Harare, Zimbabwe, Friday, June, 27, 2008. Looking on is his wife Grace.

And so the sham and farce continues!!
http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc...lection_080627

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Robert Mugabe is a hero, he has tossed the colonials out and they hate him for it, also they would like nothing better than to impose a neo-colonial puppet in his place and rape the country just like the old days.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Robert Mugabe is a hero, he has tossed the colonials out and they hate him for it, also they would like nothing better than to impose a neo-colonial puppet in his place and rape the country just like the old days.

Even for a habitual troller such as yourself, this is a shockingly idiotic post.

The truth is that the people of Zimbabwe, Black and white, were better off under Ian Smith.

Now that is shocking.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Even for a habitual troller such as yourself, this is a shockingly idiotic post.

The truth is that the people of Zimbabwe, Black and white, were better off under Ian Smith.

Now that is shocking.

That's just your retarded view of the world Colpy, remember you support McCain as the herald of jesus christs second return, there seems to be no snakeoil that you won't purchase and no fairy tale that you do not subscribe to. We should stick to passing drinking stories and other bull**** subjects you can comment on reliably.I thank beelzebub every day for your ilk lest I be alone on this forsaken planet with none to ****e upon.:lol:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Harper condemns 'stolen' Zimbabwe election

Prime Minister Stephen Harper added his name to the growing number of world leaders who have condemned Friday's presidential election in Zimbabwe as corrupt.

Harper said that he may be prepared to announce sanctions against the African nation and encouraged other nations to pressure Robert Mugabe's regime.
"Our government has condemned the corrupt vote in the strongest possible terms," he said in a speech for B'nai Brith International on Friday. "We are working with the international community to bring in strong measures to pressure the Mugabe regime which has illegitimately stolen the election."
Harper called Friday's runoff election "an ugly perversion of democracy."
"Because no opposition candidate was fully engaged in the runoff election, Canada refuses to accept that the results are an indication of the will of the Zimbabwean people. This 'election' was stolen," Harper said in a statement released Friday night.
"We call on the Government of Zimbabwe and the Movement for Democratic Change to work with each other and with regional and international mediators toward a negotiated political settlement to end this crisis, which continues to damage peace, security and stability in Zimbabwe and the wider region.

-------------------------------------------------------
Have to admit I agree with Harper on this. It does seem like a real sham.
Beaver, I read your position on this, and have difficulty to side with you. Sure, it was good to throw out the colonial masters and return the country to its original people, but Mugabe is a brutal dictator and not at all kind to his own people. He has brought the country into ruin! He seems to only have concern for himself and his grip on power.
Maybe you could elaborate a little on how you arrive at calling Mugabe a hero? Being a little sarcastic??;-)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:munky2:put yourself in Mugabababab, whatever's spot

Yer in charge of the whole goddam country

You ken do whatever the **** ya like to whomever the **** ya like

:naka:Maim, torture, kill, plunder, rape, steal, generally have a hell of a romp.

What would you do?

Free and fair elections

Sure................just like George

Gimme a break. If Mugamamama was white and sellin oil, Geeeeorge and Harpo be kissin his ass sayin he runs the nicest place this side of China;' but, "perhaps" there "might be" some "human rights" issues to "address".................... let's have the next oilylimpics there.

Sorry :dontknow:

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Hey Colpy ya Yank huggin American wannabe....

Because you're so buried in your self-manufactured world of delusion and willing ignorance, your thinking is limited to what fits the script of "This is America" in the mind of Colpy.....

The United States is an evil empire and has been since the first European renegade crawled out of the hold of a merchant vessel at Plymouth rock. It may be your delusion that the United States is deserving of praise and honor but an overview of history (Without the Colpy Rose Colored Glasses) tells a different story. Now of course you'll never even entertain that possibility because as an amateur historian or anthropologist or whatever keeps your hat fitting your head....you've consumed the stories and nonsense printed by America on American presses then fed to the world as their version of "history"........ pathetic.

As perhaps a "point of order" while America wasn't involved in this discussion thread, following the pattern established by your hearthrob...the United States of Comfortable Non-Reality.... Whether its Kosovo or Israel or any number of corners of this planet, until your soul-brothers...Americans ...tell the great unwashed that they should be paying attention to this situation or that....IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE THE NEWS!

You remind me of the concert pianist who after listening to Beethoven working on a symphony crept into the music room and wrote "An Ode to Lard"...... Close but no banana. As a champion of America I'm wondering why you don't live there.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Zzarchov

It's the numbers for one thing Zzarchov...what nation spends more money on weapons than all others....COMBINED! What nation has military installations ALL OVER THE WORLD....

The list of what I call abnormalities but which no doubt you and Colpy would call "normal" goes on for some time but the essential thing to think about is that even after spending all this loot and planting America's flag all over the planet...what do we have?

We have a planet consumed by consumerism....we have a planet prepared to do whatever's necessary in the name of expediency but only if there are "interests" involved in the mix.....oil...resouces.....markets.... Who has done more to turn the world into one gigantic sweatshop than has the United States of America?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hey Colpy ya Yank huggin American wannabe....

First of all, I'm not a "Yank hugging American wannabe", although the Globe and Mail letters section today (with cartoon) made me embarassed to be Canadian. My ancestors, both sides, supported Britain in the Revolutionary War, and wound up here as a result. I do realize the USA is the most powerful democratic nation on earth, that they are our brothers, our friends, our allies......and SO much better than any super-power alternative.

Because you're so buried in your self-manufactured world of delusion and willing ignorance, your thinking is limited to what fits the script of "This is America" in the mind of Colpy.....

You would prefer that the world bend to the agenda of China, or the Russians? Or the Islamists? This is not black and white.

The United States is an evil empire and has been since the first European renegade crawled out of the hold of a merchant vessel at Plymouth rock. It may be your delusion that the United States is deserving of praise and honor but an overview of history (Without the Colpy Rose Colored Glasses) tells a different story. Now of course you'll never even entertain that possibility because as an amateur historian or anthropologist or whatever keeps your hat fitting your head....you've consumed the stories and nonsense printed by America on American presses then fed to the world as their version of "history"........ pathetic.

BULL****! Absolute, unadulterated, 100% CRAP! The Americans produced the first revolutionary Constitution, the first modern democracy. The Americans, through much of their history, have been exceptionally isolationist, NOT imperialist in their foreign policy. Thus they entered the First World war in 1917, the Second in 1941. The vast majority of the land mass conquered by the Americans in the last 150 years has been voluntarily returned to its people. Find another INPERIALIST state that has that in its history. Indeed, after WWII, the USA REBUILT the nations of its former enemies.

The problem is Mikey, due to your personal history, YOU are blinded by unreasoning hatred, which flies in the face of the facts. Perhaps understandable, but you can't see the forest for your own personal tree is in the way.

Think about that.

As perhaps a "point of order" while America wasn't involved in this discussion thread, following the pattern established by your hearthrob...the United States of Comfortable Non-Reality.... Whether its Kosovo or Israel or any number of corners of this planet, until your soul-brothers...Americans ...tell the great unwashed that they should be paying attention to this situation or that....IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE THE NEWS!

If the Yanks controlled the news, the news would be a LOT different than it is.

You remind me of the concert pianist who after listening to Beethoven working on a symphony crept into the music room and wrote "An Ode to Lard"...... Close but no banana. As a champion of America I'm wondering why you don't live there.

I don't live in the USA because I'm a Canadian........and usually extremely proud of the fact. There are a number of things in the US culture that drive me nuts........but that does not make the,m our enemy. We come from common stock, we share the same values, no two nations on earth are closer........I just know who my friends are. The fact we live in the same house (North America) makes dealing with their foibles irritating at times, but THANK GOD they are the power, not China, Russia....etc.