Over Five Million Dead In Congo?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The War that did not make the Headlines: Over Five Million Dead in Congo?
Behind the Numbers Redux: How Truth is Hidden, Even When it Seems to Be Told

By Keith Harmon Snow

Global Research, January 31, 2008

The International Rescue Committee in late January 2008 released a new report on the mortality in the war-torn Democratic Republic of Congo. The report caught the eye of some news agencies, who quickly whipped up trite little articles as supposed expressions of horror. Over and over it has been declared “the world’s forgotten crises.” There are reasons why Darfur is in the crises of the day, the poster crises, and why Congo is hardly mentioned.1
However, the story of war and plunder in Congo is not unreported. It is a story that has been censored, manipulated, and covered up even while it is ostensibly being told. Plenty of information has been published about the war in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and plenty of this is flak, designed to whiteout the truth, and help keep the real story buried, and that includes the truly honest representations of war and suffering in Congo that have been published. Just because the mainstream doesn’t cover it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. This is the falsification of consciousness.
While the true death toll in Congo over the past series of wars—for the Congolese it is one long contiguous war—will never be known, it is far higher than the IRC figures. In the IRC’s tidy statistical equations there is no recounting the ordeal of the millions of people who have disappeared into the swamps, the tropical forests, the mass graves, torture chambers and death camps, or after crossing borders. The entire exercise in counting the dead is another way to do little to stop it. The IRC is about profits, but that is not all.
The International Rescue Committee has been described in the past as the ideal instrument of psychological warfare, and it is. This is exactly what is going on with the IRC today, and more, when the IRC—heavily subsidized by the very same profiteers—sends its body counters into Congo. But the IRC is not only the ideal instrument of psychological warfare, it is also the ideal instrument of intelligence gathering. The IRC capitalizes on their access to refugee populations, conflict areas and individual refugee encounters and interviews to gather intelligence on armed groups, leadership, resources, weapons and geographical conflicts, information that is selectively used to serve the greater interests of the IRC and its partners.
America’s Secret Warriors
Amongst the trustees or overseers of the International Rescue Committee is Henry Kissinger, a man whose interests run very deep in Congo. Henry Kissinger is tied to Freeport McMoRan (FXC) and FCX is all over the copper and cobalt show in Katanga. FCX director J. Stapleton Roy was Assistant Secretary of State for Intelligence and Research under Madeleine Albright, 1999-2000, during the Clinton administration invasions of Rwanda (1994) and then Congo/Zaire (1996); Roy retired to join Kissinger Associates.2
Another Kissinger Associates principal is Lawrence Eagleburger, who has past affiliations with the defense and

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Gertler’s Bling Bang Torah Gang

Israel and the Ongoing Holocaust in Congo (Part 1)
by Keith Harmon Snow / February 9th, 2008
Maurice Templesman is one of the top funders of Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party. Templesman was the unofficial ambassador to the Congo (Zaire) for years, but a new Israeli-American tycoon has replaced him. In the world of bling bling and bling bang, some things change, some stay the same. The CIA, the MOSSAD, the big mining companies, the offshore accounts and weapons deals—all hidden by the Western media. The holocaust in Central Africa has claimed some six to ten million people in Congo since 1996, with 1500 people dying daily. But while the Africans are the victims of perpetual Holocaust, the persecutors hide behind history, complaining that they are the persecuted, or pretending they are the saviors. Who is responsible? (Full article …)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I just KNEW the Jews were behind this! :roll:

And I just knew that an insensitive person would sidestep the millions of dead to make a statement in support of a religious group (jews) while simultaneously disregarding the christians, atheists, Canadians, Belgions, Americans, and many other greedy murderous pricks involved in the crime. Why do you practice exceptionalism for the Jews. Are you saying jews are not capable of crime? Isn't that anti-semetic or more properly anti-judaic?:cool:

Martial

Apr 11, 2010
The writer, Keith Harmon Snow, is grossly anti semitic. If you evaluate his article, the title mocks Jews, the sections are listed as parts of the ten commandments, and the charges against Jews span the globe. The notion that diamonds are solely the problem in the Congo is risible. Far more important are other metals for that country.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Kind of like when a moronic Congressman claimed that 200,000,000 (that is two-hundred million, for liberals and others mathematically challenged) blacks, kidnapped from Africa died and were dumped overboard, so that the migrating pattern of sharks was altered in the Atlantic Ocean.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Kind of like when a moronic Congressman claimed that 200,000,000 (that is two-hundred million, for liberals and others mathematically challenged) blacks, kidnapped from Africa died and were dumped overboard, so that the migrating pattern of sharks was altered in the Atlantic Ocean.
I know more oft then not, asking for proof is an afront to people, but in all honesty YJ, I'm interested in reading more about that. Would you care to expand on that or toss me a link please.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Interestingly, I just watched a history program that made the same claim about shark migration patterns. I think it may have been one of David Suzuki's specials. I doubt very much that 200 million were tossed overboard, that would exceed the total number of people who migrated to the Americas from the time of Columbus to 1900.

I suspect that the idea may have come from the source below, but I am not sure about any scientific evidence for it.
History from below the water line: Sharks and the Atlantic slave trade - Atlantic Studies: Literary, Cultural and Historical Perspectives