Osama

Morris C

Time Out
Aug 26, 2007
I sat down in front of an aquaintance's desk yesterday and saw one of those russian dolls which have other smaller and smaller dolls inside. The outside one which was about 10" high had a very nice depiction of Osama on it and I just had to comment on it and ask where he got it. He said he got it as a gift and then invited me to have a look at it. Inside the Osama doll was a Saddam doll and then a Benito doll, then a Yassar doll and finally an Adolph doll, all very well done in acrylics. It appeared to have come from Russia and it turned out that it was. I was a little surprised that it would be representative of the feelings of at least some Russians on Osama and his friends.

I had to remark that all of those people made rather strange bedfellows, which gave him the opportunity to talk more on the issue at hand. He said: I envy Osama because he's a rich man who has chosen to do something about his concerns as opposed to just accepting the status quo. He commented that the U.S. decided to use thousand pound shells to destroy villages of civilians in Iraq from miles away and that Osama just took it as that being the way the U.S. chose to play the game.

While I can't totally agree on Osama's methods, and I told him so, I still couldn't disagree with him on the facts of the matter. Actually he was totally right to remark on the method the US chose to destroy Iraq and kill the Iraqi civilian population.

I'm just wondering if any of the people on this forum would be able to disagree with what he said and give a well-founded argument to disprove it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I sat down in front of an aquaintance's desk yesterday and saw one of those russian dolls which have other smaller and smaller dolls inside. The outside one which was about 10" high had a very nice depiction of Osama on it and I just had to comment on it and ask where he got it. He said he got it as a gift and then invited me to have a look at it. Inside the Osama doll was a Saddam doll and then a Benito doll, then a Yassar doll and finally an Adolph doll, all very well done in acrylics. It appeared to have come from Russia and it turned out that it was. I was a little surprised that it would be representative of the feelings of at least some Russians on Osama and his friends.

I had to remark that all of those people made rather strange bedfellows, which gave him the opportunity to talk more on the issue at hand. He said: I envy Osama because he's a rich man who has chosen to do something about his concerns as opposed to just accepting the status quo. He commented that the U.S. decided to use thousand pound shells to destroy villages of civilians in Iraq from miles away and that Osama just took it as that being the way the U.S. chose to play the game.

While I can't totally agree on Osama's methods, and I told him so, I still couldn't disagree with him on the facts of the matter. Actually he was totally right to remark on the method the US chose to destroy Iraq and kill the Iraqi civilian population.

I'm just wondering if any of the people on this forum would be able to disagree with what he said and give a well-founded argument to disprove it.

I have a large problem with Osama's methods. While I think the "shock and awe" bombing of Iraq villages was an insidious thing to do while that American administration was trying to sell their heroism with "Operation Iraq Freedom". Osama's methods stunk just as highly. Ninety nine percent of those Americans killed in Washington and New York were ordinary people who likely didn't know Osama's name. They were wives and husbands, and sons and daughters of working people. Osama brought the wrath of the American military under the control of Bush Junior on the people of Afghanistan and Iraq. The American reaction could have been predicted and Osama has take his share of the blame if he is still alive somewhere, which I doubt.

The American assault on Iraq was probably the most ham-fisted blunder the Americans have made since Viet Nam and Osama started it down that slippery slope.

Morris C

Time Out
Aug 26, 2007
I have a large problem with Osama's methods. While I think the "shock and awe" bombing of Iraq villages was an insidious thing to do while that American administration was trying to sell their heroism with "Operation Iraq Freedom". Osama's methods stunk just as highly. Ninety nine percent of those Americans killed in Washington and New York were ordinary people who likely didn't know Osama's name. They were wives and husbands, and sons and daughters of working people. Osama brought the wrath of the American military under the control of Bush Junior on the people of Afghanistan and Iraq. The American reaction could have been predicted and Osama has take his share of the blame if he is still alive somewhere, which I doubt.

The American assault on Iraq was probably the most ham-fisted blunder the Americans have made since Viet Nam and Osama started it down that slippery slope.

Oh that's an interesting take on the thing. Is there any revenge attack by any nation that could be considered justified in your mind? I'm sort of thinking that any act by an Western ally nation would be alright with most Americans and any other would be evil. Would that be accurate or is that totally wrong?

But nevertheless, thanks for your opinion. I was actually thinking that someone woulld just give me an unqualified answer such as: Any immoral, illegal and grievous attack by a country against another country should expect revenge in kind and and the country that started it all shouldn't cry about it for the next 30 years as if they didn't have it coming.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Oh that's an interesting take on the thing. Is there any revenge attack by any nation that could be considered justified in your mind? I'm sort of thinking that any act by an Western ally nation would be alright with most Americans and any other would be evil. Would that be accurate or is that totally wrong?

But nevertheless, thanks for your opinion. I was actually thinking that someone woulld just give me an unqualified answer such as: Any immoral, illegal and grievous attack by a country against another country should expect revenge in kind and and the country that started it all shouldn't cry about it for the next 30 years as if they didn't have it coming.

I don't think it's as simple as that. The Americans and the British have been screwing the Arabs for years. The U.S. has been propping up dictators of one sort or another all over the world. The Americans had a good hand along with others in installing people like Saddam Hussein in Iraq, and the Shah in Iran. When somebody like Osama comes along and organizes the bombing of the WTC and the Pentagon, the $hit flies, and some of it gets on everybody. In any case, the result may be just as you suggest.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
If you were Iraqi, you would also be part of a civilization that has been on this Earth around twenty times longer than the United States.

Wolf
Twenty times longer but still living in the 7th century. That says a lot about thier culture and collective intelligence. They peaked years ago and like the mouse Algernon are slowly dying. It can't happen quick enough for me. I'll take the good ole USA and all its faults everytime.

Morris C

Time Out
Aug 26, 2007
There isn't all that much difference in Iraq and the US wally. The US believes in Santa, Peter Pan, God, tooth fairy, and other sky fairies and the Iraqi people for the most part believe in God. Tell us again which country hasn't emerged from the 7th. century.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Nah...Iraqis have inflexible education system, where it still teaches, "ALLAH! PRAISE TO BE ALLAH!"
No offense but I saw it in Iraq Commission Report.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
There isn't all that much difference in Iraq and the US wally. The US believes in Santa, Peter Pan, God, tooth fairy, and other sky fairies and the Iraqi people for the most part believe in God. Tell us again which country hasn't emerged from the 7th. century.
No,children believe in Santa and the rest excepting god. And in the US if you don't believe in god,that's OK. In Iraq you believe in Allah or you die.BIG DIFFERENCE.

Morris C

Time Out
Aug 26, 2007
Nah...Iraqis have inflexible education system, where it still teaches, "ALLAH! PRAISE TO BE ALLAH!"
No offense but I saw it in Iraq Commission Report.

Since the beginning of the war that is becoming more and more true. Prior to the war all religions were practiced openly in Iraq, including Christianity.

Hey pal, If I had my druthers I would ban the lot of them due to the damage they have done to our civilizations.

Naw, just kidding. I'm for freedom of choice. But isn't the moron president quoted as saying something to the effect that you can't be an American without being a Christian. Look up the quote and get back to me o.k?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Twenty times longer but still living in the 7th century. That says a lot about thier culture and collective intelligence. They peaked years ago and like the mouse Algernon are slowly dying. It can't happen quick enough for me. I'll take the good ole USA and all its faults everytime.

That attitude is precisely the reason there is so much hatred for America.

Wolf

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I'd rather be hated for doing the right thing for my people than be loved for oppressing them.

...And by walking into THEIR house and telling them how things should be done in THEIR house how are you doing the right thing for YOUR people? In my Websters, that's a classic definition of meddling. Don't like how things are done outside your home? Stay at home ... otherwise they come here and return the favour.

Wolf

Morris C

Time Out
Aug 26, 2007
Well I do declare, the lone wolf seems to have it figured out for himself. I knew there was a bright light to be found on this forum if I stuck around long enough.

Thank you for your wise comment wolf. Of course that is exactly the issue with 'those' people. They think that they can press their attitudes and beliefs on others whenever they feel like it. The fact that some people are beginning to fight back makes them quite uncomfortable. If some of 'those' people truly cared about the welfare of others it would be understandable why they are so vocal on some of these issues. But of course they are so transparently dishonest about their motives and that makes it all so hard to swallow.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
I think it's scary that we are not trying to find out what creates an Uncle Bin Bin...not that anti american hoky conspiracy stuff where it's all from some inane cia deal.....But this is a guy who went totally religous and then decided to take it all out on America, the Great Satan....

On one hand they hate America and all it stands for. Then they somehow blame their people's poverty on America....Like Egypts poverty woes are due to the creation of America.....

I've talked to older Arabs and they confessed that as Israel grew out the dirt and money was poured into making it lush ...Arab governments pointed and called it a jewish trick and caused more anti senmitism rather that shareing the vast wealths on their people....

I think Libya and it's dictator do help the common people...there is a shareing of wealth....not sure but I heard...Khadafi softened up on his stance towards the Great Satan i hear as well...i hate when that happens...lol

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
From all I have seen, Uncle Sam is generous and well meaning folk who just can't seem to understand that proof is in the pudding - not in the price of the dish. The moderates are easy to reach. One can't invade the home of an extremist and not expect reprisals.

Wolf