More War on the Horizon

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
August 24, 2007

by Paul Craig Roberts
No pullout from Iraq while I'm president, declares George W. Bush.
On to Iran, declares Vice President Cheney.

Israel is a "peace-seeking state" that needs $30 billion of US taxpayers' money for war, declares State Department official Nicholas Burns.

The Democratic Congress, if not fully behind the Iraqi war, at least no longer is in the way of it.

Nor are the Democrats in the way of the Bush regime's build up for initiating war with Iran.

The Bush regime says it is going to designate part of Iran's military – the Revolutionary Guards – a terrorist organization, whose bases and facilities Bush intends to bomb along with Iran's nuclear energy sites.

Three US aircraft carrier strike forces are deployed off Iran. B-2 Stealth Bombers are being fitted to carry 30,000 pound "bunker-buster" bombs to use against hardened sites. Politicized US generals assert that Iran is providing arms and aid to the Iraqi resistance to the US occupation. The media is feeding the US population the same propaganda about nonexistent Iranian weapons of mass destruction that they fed us about nonexistent Iraqi weapons of mass destruction.

A former CIA Middle East field officer, Robert Baer, has written in Time magazine that the Bush regime has decided to attack the Revolutionary Guards within the next 6 months. Remember the "cakewalk war"? Well, this time the neocons think that an attack on the Revolutionary Guards will free Iran from Islamic influence and cause Iranians to back the US against their own government.

Lies, unprovoked aggression, and delusional expectations – the same ingredients that produced the Iraq catastrophe – all over again. The entire Bush regime and both political parties are complicit, along with the media and US allies.

According to Baer, the Bush regime has given no consideration to whether Iran's response to a US attack might be different than to welcome it as liberation. What if Iran really were to arm the Iraqi resistance and/or to sink our aircraft carriers? How can any government, even one as incompetent, delusional and unaccountable as the Bush regime, initiate war without any thought to the consequences?

The Bush regime's planned war against Iran casts light on the large increase in military armaments that the US is supplying to Israel. With Iraq in chaos and civil war, an attack on Iran leaves as opposition to Israel only Syria and Hezbollah in southern Lebanon. Israel cannot finish off the Palestinians until Hezbollah is destroyed. An Israeli attack on Syria while the US attacks Iran would leave Hezbollah without supplies in the face of a new Israeli attack.

The agenda unfolding before our eyes may be the neoconservative/Israeli/Cheney plan to rid the Middle East of any check to Israeli territorial expansion.

Nicholas Burns said that the $30 billion in military aid was not conditional on any Israeli concessions or progress toward resolving the conflict with the Palestinians. Israel's ghettoizing and ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian West Bank proceeds apace.

Meanwhile in America, while more money is poured into more war, condemned bridges collapse killing Americans who trusted their government to provide safe infrastructure. The US dollar continues to fall as the government's war debts build up abroad.

Except for the armaments industry, where is the gain to America in Bush's wars? Before Bush invaded Afghanistan, the Taliban had stamped out drug production. The US invasion has brought it back.

On August 22 Bush told the Veterans of Foreign Wars that US troops are the "greatest force for human liberation the world has ever known." Tell that to the 650,000 dead Iraqis and the 4 million displaced Iraqis, and the tens of thousands of slaughtered Afghans, and the coming civilian deaths in Iran. Tell that to all the bombed civilians from Serbia to Africa who are blown to pieces in order that a US president can make a point. Bush goes far beyond George Orwell's "Newspeak" in his novel, 1984, when Bush equates US hegemony with liberation.

America's hegemonic hubris is a sickness. A country that tolerates a war criminal while he openly plans to attack yet another country is definitely not a light unto the world.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
International appeasement of Hitler and Mussolini did not work to stop their imperialism. And it will not stop Bush.

It is time for the world to unite with patriotic Americans to stop the criminal from starting more wars.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
International appeasement of Hitler and Mussolini did not work to stop their imperialism. And it will not stop Bush.

It is time for the world to unite with patriotic Americans to stop the criminal from starting more wars.

Agreed! And a special security camp set up for the nefarious minions of this monstrosity of a regime.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We've been hearing about this alleged (Iran) war since Bush got re-elected. It got stale.:roll:

No kidding. The funny thing is... you KNOW that these people who predict war with Iran want a war in Iran so that they can continue on and on and on... and on.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Like a Concentration Camp?
Nah too bad for the optics. I think more of a re-education boot camp.
A place where well meaning people can through the use of love and tolerance kick the **** out of wrong thinking assholes so that they stop with the wars, stealing the country blind and hating on the individual rights of all.

We can call them fun camps for the morally twisted.

You like? :p

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
No kidding. The funny thing is... you KNOW that these people who predict war with Iran want a war in Iran so that they can continue on and on and on... and on.

Due to the Iraq War the Cheneys have made a fortune from Haliburton stock options and the Bushs from their holdings in the Carlyle Groups, a major defence contractor. The war has also put oil prices through the roof and helped an industry both men have close ties to. There's even more money to be made if the war widens into Iran, just one cruise missile shot means $millions for the defence industry.

Like with Nixon, there's a groundswell building for the impeachment of both these criminals, I bet it crests before they're able to attack Iran.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Nah too bad for the optics. I think more of a re-education boot camp.
A place where well meaning people can through the use of love and tolerance kick the **** out of wrong thinking assholes so that they stop with the wars, stealing the country blind and hating on the individual rights of all.

We can call them fun camps for the morally twisted.

You like? :p

Oh... a Reeducation Camp like Cambodia or Vietnam in the 70's.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Due to the Iraq War the Cheneys have made a fortune from Haliburton stock options and the Bushs from their holdings in the Carlyle Groups, a major defence contractor. The war has also put oil prices through the roof and helped an industry both men have close ties to. There's even more money to be made if the war widens into Iran, just one cruise missile shot means $millions for the defence industry.

Like with Nixon, there's a groundswell building for the impeachment of both these criminals, I bet it crests before they're able to attack Iran.

The only groundswell for impeachment are from people like you. The Congress has not even mentioned it. In January 09' Bush and Cheney will be out of the White House unimpeached.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Perhaps America should look to Israel for people to help them pump out their flooded basements or put out the fires all over America. Maybe the U.S. forces should be looking to Israeli ground forces in Afghanistan and Iraq for leadership in fighting terrorism...

Oh wait now...

Israel could care less about homeless Americans and there aren't any Israeli troops in Afghanistan or Iraq....

Just goes to show you ...you can sell anything to an American, not just pet rocks, but how it's more important to support Israel than it is to repair and replace America's crumbling infrastructure...

And of course the myth of global warming and climate change that's re-working the geography of America...

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Oh... a Reeducation Camp like Cambodia or Vietnam in the 70's.

Closer but still not quite it. More like... Gitmo or Abu Ghraib. That's pretty reasonable and well within the current standards right?

Now I know you just gotta get behind that! ;-)

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
If U.S. go war with Iran, our world as we know it will END.
How?
Oil prices will rise up like rocket hitting stratosphere because Iran have capability to take out Saudi's oil extractor and Iraq also. Iran's main goal during war with U.S. is not only to defend its sovereignty, it will also be to destroy oil infrastructure that will freeze,I mean, that will destroy* U.S. economy.
How again?
Rise of oil and lack of oil supply from South America and Middle East means our food prices will jump up and...everything else..
World will be shocked and we will never see the world as we see today.

U.S. will only be jumping to its death, nothing more.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006

Don't worry the republicans did their best to make it happen, even a false iran terror attack in the US is on the way, according to Zbigniew Brzezinski

If the United States continues to be bogged down in a protracted bloody involvement in Iraq, the final destination on this downhill track is likely to be a head-on conflict with Iran and with much of the world of Islam at large. A plausible scenario for a military collision with Iran involves Iraqi failure to meet the benchmarks; followed by accusations of Iranian responsibility for the failure; then by some provocation in Iraq or a terrorist act in the U.S. blamed on Iran; culminating in a “defensive” U.S. military action against Iran that plunges a lonely America into a spreading and deepening quagmire eventually ranging across Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

http://foreign.senate.gov/testimony/2007/BrzezinskiTestimony070201.pdf

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
But I am still of the opinion that you folks want the US to go to war with Iran so you have even more stuff to write about here on CC.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
The only groundswell for impeachment are from people like you. The Congress has not even mentioned it. In January 09' Bush and Cheney will be out of the White House unimpeached.

No, George Bush should be tried for "crime against humanity" because evidence why he should be tried, are everywhere.

Don't worry the republicans did their best to make it happen, even a false iran terror attack in the US is on the way, according to Zbigniew Brzezinski

If it happens, I'm going to run away to Iceland because Canada would be invaded.
OH NOES.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You know what Young... I think you are a perfect representative of your lot here on CC. I hope you stay here a long time and keep posting.

I mean think about it. You are so right. If the Americans fake an Iranian terror attack the first thing we would do is invade Canada. You make so much sense and there is so much logic to that statement. But come to think of it... I don't think Canada would be the first target... Iceland would be. But then Canada for sure. You may need to run to... let's say S. Korea.

OH YESES!!

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
You know, I was being sarcastic AND kidding.
Don't worry, I won't run away.
I will just join Canadian Resistance to fight Uncle Sam's sons and daughters :p
They tried it before in War of 1812 :p
Only this time, Canada WILL be conquered weeee

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
How would Canada ever be conquered?

The U.S. has no army here ...... they're all in the middle east, and sounds like they will be for a very long time.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Good question.
Nor do we have any army.
In fact, we have less than U.S.
Let us recognize this is simply a joke