Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Bin Laden's son weds grandmother from Cheshire

by NICK McDERMOTT
11th July 2007
Daily Mail

'Mrs Bin Laden': Jane Felix-Browne

A grandmother from Cheshire has married Osama bin Laden's son following a holiday romance.

Jane Felix-Browne, 51, married the scrap metal dealer - 24 years her junior - in an Islamic ceremony in Egypt after the pair fell in love after meeting at the Pyramids.

The mother-of-three and parish councillor has so far kept her marriage to 27-year-old Omar Osama bin Laden a secret from all but her closest friends and relatives fearing a hostile reaction.

Defending her union to the son of the world's most wanted terrorist, she said: 'I just married the man I met and fell in love with - to me he is just Omar.

'He is the most beautiful person I have ever met. His heart is pure, he is pious, quiet, a true gentleman.' Mrs Felix-Browne, who has been married several times before and suffers from multiple sclerosis, now divides her time between her home in Britain and Saudi Arabia.

The whirlwind affair began after the pair met in Egypt - where she was seeking treatment for her condition - during a horseback tour near the Pyramids last September.

After hitting it off with Omar, a lovestruck Mrs Felix-Browne returned to Egypt where she proposed to her future husband. They were married in Islamic ceremonies in Cairo and later in Saudi Arabia.

The groom: Omar Ossama bin Laden, first met Jane Felix-Browne, left, while horseriding

Omar, who lives in Saudi Arabia and is one of 11 children father by bin Laden with his first wife Najwa, has another wife and a two-year-old child.

Being her Omar's second life-partner does not seem to bother Mrs Felix-Browne, who said of her fellow wife: 'I haven't seen her but I have spoken to her for about an hour on the telephone. She is fine about it.'

Despite only seeing her husband once since their wedding in April - during a three week trip to Saudi Arabia - Mrs Felix-Browne insists the 'chemistry' between them keeps their marriage strong.

Father-in-law: Osama Bin Laden

The pair spend up to 15 hours a day speaking on the phone and staying in touch on the internet, where Mrs Felix-Browne refers to her husband as 'habibi' - Arabic for 'my love'.

A former interior designer, Mrs Felix-Browne, who also uses the Islamic name Zaina Mohamad, said: 'I find it very difficult to live without him and I know he does too. But really we have the most normal life possible.'

Mrs Felix-Browne, a keen rider and scuba diver, is having to come to terms with the perils of becoming the daughter-in-law to the notorious al Qaeda leader.

She said: 'It would be nice if, like any other married woman, I could stand up and say this is my husband and this is his name, but I have to be realistic about things.

'I hope people don't judge me too harshly. I married the son, not the father.'

She added: 'Omar is wary of everyone. He is constantly watching people who he feels might be following him. Not without reason he is fearful of cameras. He is the son of Osama. But when we are together he forgets his life.'

Omar bin Laden left Saudi Arabia when his father was driven out of the Middle Eastern nation for his extremist beliefs.

The 27-year-old lived in exile with his father in both Sudan and Afghanistan and witnessed the birth of al-Qaeda.

Mrs Felix-Browne said her husband abandoned his terrorist father - who has at least 17 children - before the September 11 attacks and no longer has contact with him.

She told The Times: 'I never had any problems with his past. Omar did not do anything wrong. He was a child when he was in Afghanistan.

'He last saw his father in 2000 when they were both in Afghanistan. He left his father because he did not feel it was right to fight or to be in an army.'

She added: 'He told me he has had no contact with his father since the day he left him. He misses his father, Omar doesn't know if it was his father who was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. I don't think we will ever know.'

The housewife now hopes that her new husband will one day come and join her in Britain.

'He would like to spend quite a bit of time here,' she said. 'There is no reason why he should not come to live here, but I don't think he would like

dailymail.co.uk