Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Bargain ... the Royals cost less than two
first class stamps a year

Royals cost Brits 62p each year

By SEBASTIAN LANDER
June 28, 2007
The Sun

THE Queen and the Royal Family cost the taxpayer 62p per person per year - less than the price of two first class stamps.

Buckingham Palace released accounts for the last tax year today, revealing that Head of State expenditure for 2006-07 was £37.3million.

That was said to be a 0.3 per cent drop on the previous year and seven per cent lower than 2001.

Sir Alan Reid, Keeper of the Privy Purse, said: "The reduction in the amount of Head of State expenditure reflects the continuous attention the Royal Household pays to obtaining the best value for money in all areas of expenditure.

"Following the leadership role of The Prince of Wales, the Royal Household has started working on measuring its carbon footprint and is developing further action plans for reducing it.

"Success has been achieved in reducing carbon emissions on gas and electricity by 1,000 tonnes or 12 per cent during the year through lower energy consumption and the introduction of a new Combined Heat and Power Plant at Windsor Castle."

thesun.co.uk

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Since British taxpayers are footing the bill for the royal family, they should make them selves available to the common citizen instead of hiding inside their castles and what not. I'm sure there are many Brit's who would like to have the Queen over for tea and crumpets.

Phil B

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2007
Brighton,UK
The British public subsidizes the richest woman on the planet.
The queen is not even the richest woman in Britain, let alone the planet. The Wealthiest woman in Britain is JK Rowling - well at least until Irina Abramovich divorces her $21 billion husband....

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
How much per person does the Governor General cost us here in Canada?

I'll take Canadian citizenship when the pledge no longer includes swearing allegience to the royals.

Too much! I agree, swearing allegience to some rich old lady in another country is insulting. It's gotta change.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
That only covers operating expenses.

The amount of income that entire inbred family rakes in tax free far exceeds that number.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I know they have accumulated vast wealth without paying any taxes.

In fact they collected taxes.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Bargain ... the Royals cost less than two
first class stamps a year

Royals cost Brits 62p each year
How much would eliminating all those stupid fuking costumes, especially the hats, save 'the people'?? What is the last cost saving sacrifice have they made lately??