China's Execution Buses

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
The Chinese regularly execute those committed of fraud. The latter is the Canadian disease. We could learn from them.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Oh bull, I believe in torture outside of the general law & order.

For people who want to cause great disaster to this world.

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006

Just curious westmanguy... could you do it yourself? Or, do you prefer others to do the dirty work whilst you can keep a clear conscience? I mean, personally, I couldn't torture or kill any living thing, be it human or animal. I am terrorised by cats and spiders, by which I mean that seeing either can make me ill with terror, but I couldn't torture or kill either... I know it may seem to be an entirely irrelevant analogy, but, it's either in you, or it isn't imho.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006

I agree, the worst are those who would go outside the bounds of law and order and torture people. Lets get them first.

Its easy to do, we'll just change the law so they are outside of it..

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Westmanguy, after reading a lot of the thinking by John McCain on the subject of torture, I think
torture begets more problems. John McCain tried to get a law passed to outlaw American use of
torture. I understand the natural repulsion you would have for the liberal left worrying more about
torture than it does about those bad guys who would wreak havoc on us.

This is why this argument endures because both sides have a piece of the truth, with both sides
discrediting the sanity of the other side.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I watch 24 every week with Jack Bauer....

Watching it 1 hour tonight actually.

Jack tortures...

All I am saying is, torture is an effective way in getting crucial information to the safety of this country.

What if the US caught someone they knew was plotting with others an attack on our soil. What if your "no torture" consensus was enforced in this situation (and if their is no torture, obviously no death penalty too). Then the man is under no real threat, of physical harm, and reveals nothing about the plot to kill Americans. What do you say when 5 months later the Sears tower in Chicago is blown to shreds and tens of thousands are deadÉ

All in the name of no torture.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
All I am saying is, torture is an effective way in getting crucial information to the safety of this country.

What if the US caught someone they knew was plotting with others an attack on our soil. What if your "no torture" consensus was enforced in this situation (and if their is no torture, obviously no death penalty too). Then the man is under no real threat, of physical harm, and reveals nothing about the plot to kill Americans. What do you say when 5 months later the Sears tower in Chicago is blown to shreds and tens of thousands are deadÉ

All in the name of no torture.

I think you have your countries confused. And quite possibly confused with fantasy television as well.

If the "US caught someone they knew was plotting with others an attack on our soil", then it could hardly be a direct connection to the Sears tower, could it? Are you truly as confused as your posts suggest?

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
darn, my keyboard is switched to french

éééééééé««é«é«é I can`t get rid of it.

You know what I mean 10penny.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
darn, my keyboard is switched to french

éééééééé««é«é«é I can`t get rid of it.

You know what I mean 10penny.

Unfortunately, I Do know what you mean. You feel that those people temporarily in power should have the right to torture people, based on some changeable standards.

It might work for you, but not for me or millions of others. I don't believe, for example, that the people who thought Saddam Hussein was a good guy and should be sold biological and chemical weapons, should have any right to torture people.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Saddam, Mao, Hitler, Mussolini, Suharto -- all believed in torture and put it to frequent use.

Washington, Lincoln, and Roosevelt did not.

Nuff said.