With the recent U.S. Depression, will the Japanese past the U.S. GDP?

With the recent U.S. Depression, will the Japanese past the U.S. GDP?

• Yes, Japan will be number 1 in the future.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, Japan will never past the US GDP

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Toro

LOL.....

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I like Lou Dobbs. His show discussed the US trade imbalance predicament lately. The show stated that conventional wisdom has it that once a country's trade deficit hits 5% of GDP the country is assumed to be in decline. The US trade imbalance is now 6.5% of GDP. Much of this is due to an aggressive trade policy on the part of China. Looks like the US is on the ropes.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Agressive trade policy, I wonder where they got that idea?
Japan will begin buying oil from Eyeran in Euros or Yen and rearm to the teeth.
Louu Dobbs will be arrested for animal abuse.
Properly regulated capitalism by communists can eat the planet.haha

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Misinformation du jour me thinks.

If I had a dollar for every reason the US was on the ropes, I'd be a millionaire several times over.

Price of oil increasing
Wars
Housing prices
Terrorism
Stock market scandals
Debt
Blah blah blah

The US economy is an 800 pound gorilla and the rest of the worlds economies are spider monkeys in comparison.

I'm not saying that the US economy will be number one forever, but they will likely remain number one for at least 30 years. That how long it will take China to surpass them. If they can maintain this type of hyper growth for that long.

The recent stock market crash in China was rumoured to be self inflicted as Chinas government is worried that China's economy is growing too fast to be sustainable.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Misinformation du jour me thinks.

If I had a dollar for every reason the US was on the ropes, I'd be a millionaire several times over.

Price of oil increasing
Wars
Housing prices
Terrorism
Stock market scandals
Debt
Blah blah blah

The US economy is an 800 pound gorilla and the rest of the worlds economies are spider monkeys in comparison.

I'm not saying that the US economy will be number one forever, but they will likely remain number one for at least 30 years. That how long it will take China to surpass them. If they can maintain this type of hyper growth for that long.

The recent stock market crash in China was rumoured to be self inflicted as Chinas government is worried that China's economy is growing too fast to be sustainable.

The bigger your 800 pound hydro-carbon junkie gorilla is the harder it falls. 30 years is a long time to fight terrorists on borrowed or stolen money.haha

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
The U.S. was in a desperate situation regarding depression in the 1930s and they managed to scramble a few ships and planes together to help out in WWII - late of course (how can we forget ahem) - but still they got there...

Lou Dobbs is quoting his acceptable role from "on high".... CNN and CBS are determined to capture the hysterical audience and whip them into chaos to change the election in 2008 - they have a couple of years to do their work of the party and that work is to unset the current administration....

A shame when the media get tangled up in politics instead of reporting fact.

Even more of a shame when people fall for it.

Not one person on this earth can predict what the market will be like in the next two years..