Black language

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Interesting. I'll have to research if 'GROOVY' was of solely white origin.

You're probably right, eh1eh1.

LOL !!!

Speaking of LOL??? ----Is that not White Eubonics ?

I don't think "LOL" is white ebonics, it's just overused and annoying.

LOL OMGWTFBBQ R U THERE? :laughing7::wave::pukeright::read2::angel8:

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmoyer
Wonder why white people don't come up with hip phrases.

Blacks do.

Whites say "hey" as in hello.

Hmmm...

So what's your point? ------------Logic7 asks.

----------------------------------------------------

Just noting again that this is just another northern white cracker board.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
The beatniks...which actually encompassed any race I suppose...had their own language going.

Daddy-o...that was pretty damn crakerish...

I dunno....what do you mean by black language? You mean street language? Urban language? Swahili? Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton language? What do you mean exactly?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
He could mean like NWA, Staight out of Compton, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey, Kill Whitey.. you get the idea. <grin>:wave:

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
cool, dude, munchies, peace man, radical, tubular

Just because hip hop is top o the charts and "popular". Hippies, punkers and surfers have all contributed colourful language to our culture.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
But they're all subcultures. I'm a product of the sixties and even I laughed then when someone used "cool" or "man." It was just so idiotic. Language should never become the disciple of the ignorant.

Oh,oh.....................

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmoyer

Blacks do.

Hmmm...

So what's your point? ------------Logic7 asks.

----------------------------------------------------

Just noting again that this is just another northern white cracker board.

Got something against crackers? We're Crackolious.

That's what I've been calling everyone at work ie: Mike=Mikeolicous. I kill me.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

Blacks do.

Hmmm...

English is a European/Germanic language. It was created by what you refer to as "white people". What do you mean they don't come up with cool phrases? I wouldn't consider the bastardisation of the English language as cool. When was the last time you heard a "hip" person pronounce WITH or ASKED?

*sigh*

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Actually the African-American people have tried a few times to have Ebonics designated as a specific language for their heritage....

There were other languages in the early slave days which were used to pass along secret code messages to each other which the slave-masters would not understand....

In the 1980s I think California spent a great deal of money on English as a Second Language classrooms for children primarily from Mexico - or other latin nations, and the federal government
contributed to this as well. Not wanting to be left by the curb, the African American teachers and parents and activists tried to have Ebonics also taught as another language - but it was turned down
when the governments realized it was throwing money after a bad idea.

Relatively few African Americans use hiphop or gangsta rap language - but as most are celebrities, athletes, comedians, or law-breakers - and often make it to the television camera.... people seem to think all "Blacks" talk as they do..... and perhaps many do when they are with friends .... generally English is their language of choice and while they have some great "special words".... they are included in the English speaking population these days....