Sleepwalking towards war - with IRAN

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Drums of war and orchestrated hysteria about Iran

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_1687.shtml

Sleepwalking towards war
http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_1696.shtml

Sowing the seeds of multi-generational wrath: Ira-q! Ira-n!

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_1691.shtml

These are just a few of the articles about Pres. Bush's un-announced plans to invade Iran. That is a move that will plunge the world into a global war, another world war, and quite likely a nuclear war. Global Warming is still the greater threat, but WW3 will mean we will not be able to reduce global warming, but increase it by a lot. WW3 will mean more suffering without resolving anything.

The simple way out is to just let Iran and others like Syria and Saudi Arabia deal with Iraq's civil war - Shia and Sunni's fighting it out need not be our concern, and we can do without the oil because a shortage will inspire a very quick alternative energy plan that will save us from the worst of global warming.

HA!! I did it. But don't go back to sleep now....

Northboy

Electoral Member

Sleepwalking towards war

These are just a few of the articles about Pres. Bush's un-announced plans to invade Iran. That is a move that will plunge the world into a global war, another world war, and quite likely a nuclear war. Global Warming is still the greater threat, but WW3 will mean we will not be able to reduce global warming, but increase it by a lot. WW3 will mean more suffering without resolving anything.

The simple way out is to just let Iran and others like Syria and Saudi Arabia deal with Iraq's civil war - Shia and Sunni's fighting it out need not be our concern, and we can do without the oil because a shortage will inspire a very quick alternative energy plan that will save us from the worst of global warming.

The Saudis will need a middle power to partner with to make peace happen....

The Middle East situation is at a stalemate, all sides facing Face issues.....

A Middle Power negotiator is needed.. but they will have to ask...It's part of their lesson...

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You reference an opinion editorial. That's not so much news as an opinion about the news.

By your comment, you must agree with that opinion. Do you think with the US flounderng in Iraq, they really want to start a war with Iran?

I believe this war is really between an international group whose power base is associated with Iran and another international group whose power base is in associated with Israel/US?

The American presence in Iraq has worked to Iran's advantage. The Americans are too tied down in Iraq to be able to contemplate invading/occupying Iran.

Did this happen by luck, poor planning or by design?

What is YOUR opinion?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I don't think war will happen with Iran, the Ayotollahs will remove Ahmadinejad before that can happen. As much as they despise the US, I don't think they are will to allow the destruction of their country due to his sable rattling.

Northboy

Electoral Member
You reference an opinion editorial. That's not so much news as an opinion about the news.

By your comment, you must agree with that opinion. Do you think with the US flounderng in Iraq, they really want to start a war with Iran?

I believe this war is really between an international group whose power base is associated with Iran and another international group whose power base is in associated with Israel/US?

The American presence in Iraq has worked to Iran's advantage. The Americans are too tied down in Iraq to be able to contemplate invading/occupying Iran.

What is YOUR opinion?

Both sides are locked into a Face issue...Regardless of who they are specifically..

In the middle of all this, massive sufferring of the People.....

My opinion, I have no bias either way and put this up to a War of Man....It's a stalemate..nobody has the right to claim God is on their side....Sue for Peace and pay attention to the World......

But will Man listen or will Pride rule the day....What is your opinion?

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan

Sleepwalking towards war

So far, since 2003, I have had to visit the households of 8 Marines who were killed in Iraq.

Not ONE family or family member has ever expressed anything but overwhelming pride over the sacrifice of their loved one.

For some clown writing from Montreal(of all places) to suggest the U.S. Military or its family members are in hysterics over the Iraq war is absurd.

Cyndi Sheehan doesn't really count ever since she started using the insurance from her son's death to fiance her jet settting to visit places like North Korea, and started getting all "kissy-face" with Hugo Chavez.

Tin foil hats needed here!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I don't think war will happen with Iran, the Ayotollahs will remove Ahmadinejad before that can happen. As much as they despise the US, I don't think they are will to allow the destruction of their country due to his sable rattling.

Ahmadinejad is a tiny little toothpick of a sabre Durka, Iran has threatened nobody but I see you convieniently chose to ignor the real aggressors as usual, and as far as war goes it wouldn't matter if
Jesus were to replace Ahmadinejad, Iran would still be a target, nothing short of capitulation will remove them from the hit list.:wave:

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
So far, since 2003, I have had to visit the households of 8 Marines who were killed in Iraq.

Not ONE family or family member has ever expressed anything but overwhelming pride over the sacrifice of their loved one.

For some clown writing from Montreal(of all places) to suggest the U.S. Military or its family members are in hysterics over the Iraq war is absurd.

Cyndi Sheehan doesn't really count ever since she started using the insurance from her son's death to fiance her jet settting to visit places like North Korea, and started getting all "kissy-face" with Hugo Chavez.

Hey, nobody is bad mouthing the U.S. soldiers they are sacrificing their lives following the order of a nut job administration. Maybe you are too close and you cannot see the forest for the trees, but from afar it sure looks as if the US adminstration has its eye on Iran and not because they are a threat. It is a plain as the nose on your face. Sometimes we have to take a good long hard look at what our governments are doing (gov. in Canada not much better) and not be afraid that we will get an answer we do not like. Often we don't want to believe that gov can be so cool hearted but it won't be the first time and certainly not the last. We must think for ourselves and not be bullied into thinking what our politicans want.

catman

Electoral Member
Sep 3, 2006
I doubt it. The Americans are losing in Iraq. Even the current administration wouldn't be dumb enough to pick a fight with Iran. Not after these past elections.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I doubt it. The Americans are losing in Iraq. Even the current administration wouldn't be dumb enough to pick a fight with Iran. Not after these past elections.

All the Americans are losing in Iraq are Iraqi's, and a few marines who they regularly dispose of anyway.And don't bet to much about the dumb administration, they know exactly what thier doing.:wave:

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
The Americans would be fools to invade Iran. They would be met with total popular support by Iranians. It would solidify the grip of the hardliners on the office of the president and drive the moderates out of Iranian politics.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Do you think with the US flounderng in Iraq, they really want to start a war with Iran?

The USA does NOT want a war with Iran. It is Bush and his fellow treasonous neoKKKons who want one for their selfish oil profits.

Bush has lost the majority consensus and the November election is proof of that. Today, we see Republican pols distancing themselves from his crazed right wing extremist agenda. And, unlike his paid off pals who comprised the ''coalition of the willing'', he no longer has an alliance to back up his plans of world conquest. Even the UK has openly said it will not back him up on his invasion plans. Still, Bush is so insanely obsessed with the idea of world conquest that he continues his provocations by sending war vessels near Iran and by his threats.

A war with Iran would disrupt oil and natural gas supplies to China, Russia, to Europe, and elsewhere. The world economy would suffer a great setback though Halliburton profits are sure to increase immensely.

The world stood by and appeased Hitler to its great detriment. Today, it is doing the same with modern day Hitlerian Bush. If it persists in its passivity, the consequences will be too frightening to imagine.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
RomSpaceKnight said:
The Americans would be fools to invade Iran. They would be met with total popular support by Iranians. It would solidify the grip of the hardliners on the office of the president and drive the moderates out of Iranian politics.

The American poulace knows that. But Bush, like his neoKKKon puppet string masters, is only interested in world conquest. The rise of extremism in Iran would lead to further chaos and expansion of war. And further war means higher war profits for Bush and the military industrial complex. That's what Bush really wants.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
He isn't smart enough to think that far ahead. That would require strategic thinking. His rapid response to 9/11 and going in to Afghanistan showed good tactics and a grasp of the need to act. Stopping to think is not his strong suit.

"There is a time for action and a time for thinking. This ain't no time for thinking" John Candy's character in Canadian Bacon

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

My God, Thomaska, that has got to be a tough one..............

Sheehan is over the edge......Bush met her twice........does she expect to suddenly be able to control foreign policy because her soldier son was KIA? A little nuts, IMHO.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
All the Americans are losing in Iraq are Iraqi's, and a few marines who they regularly dispose of anyway.And don't bet to much about the dumb administration, they know exactly what thier doing.

Casualties aren't hurting as much as declining enlistment. So far re-enrollment is making up the difference as of a year ago:

http://www.uslaboragainstwar.org/article.php?id=10089

The problem the US faces is a Congress and Senate with a mandate to come up with an exit strategy. The next elections are the end of 2008. Most likely, Iraq will again be the main issue.

The looming crisis is the American debt:

http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/world/article.jsp?content=20050307_101541_101541

Bush is still spending like a madman and cutting taxes.

The Iraq war is a big part of the problem:

http://zfacts.com/p/447.html

Katrina didn't help.

Iran is probably content with the status quo in Iraq. If they can keep the US bogged down in Iraq, eventually they win either by American economic collapse or an American withdrawl, leaving a power vacuum into which Iran and Syria can enter.

Iran and Syria have a mutual defense pact

http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,12858,1416319,00.html

Iran and Syria are huge supplier of man portable arms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misagh-2

http://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/2004614.aspx

Even American/Israel air supremecy is not assured:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6289981.stm

Russia fulfils Iran missile deal

The US say Iran may use the missiles on its neighbours

Russia has completed a contract to sell some 30 air defence missile systems to Iran, a senior official has said

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6289981.stm

Only if their neighbors send their warplanes into Iranian airspace.

Specs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K330_Tor

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Can't be an easy thing to do.

That's understandable. I wouldn't want to remember a member of my family to have died upholding stupidity either.

Yes it is absurd.

Went off the deep end without the waterwings.

Most foil is made from aluminum these days. Tough to find tin foil. :D

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004

What is YOUR opinion?

Well, yes that is MY opinion, i just recogised it in these writings - is that what you mean?

As for floundering in Iraq, no I see Bush is getting exactly what he wants there now. There are over 100,000 contractors in Iraq today, getting that 'almost free' oil and those unbid contracts that go unfinished by completely paid out. This is what Bush wants, he is getting it.
As for MILITARY floundering there, well yes sort of but the whole idea is to keep troops there so the contractors can operate. If they were WINNING then withdrawal could be a reality, so they have to be floundering. For eg., the Golden Mosque was bombed - apparently on orders from Bush to foment the civil war there [Sha Vs Sunnis].

So winning was never what Bush wants. BEING THERE is.
If only you knew about the CTP OTS tactic, you could see this. They "Create The Problems, and the Offer The Solutions" [CTP OTS] - create civil war, offer to send more troops in, all just so the USA troops can stay there. Sounds simple, works great. Dentists do it, the medical industry does it, and politicians use it all the time. Examples of CTP OTS abound in our world, it is a standard capitalist tool.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Well, yes that is MY opinion, i just recogised it in these writings - is that what you mean?

As for floundering in Iraq, no I see Bush is getting exactly what he wants there now. There are over 100,000 contractors in Iraq today, getting that 'almost free' oil and those unbid contracts that go unfinished by completely paid out. This is what Bush wants, he is getting it.
As for MILITARY floundering there, well yes sort of but the whole idea is to keep troops there so the contractors can operate. If they were WINNING then withdrawal could be a reality, so they have to be floundering. For eg., the Golden Mosque was bombed - apparently on orders from Bush to foment the civil war there [Sha Vs Sunnis].

So winning was never what Bush wants. BEING THERE is.
If only you knew about the CTP OTS tactic, you could see this. They "Create The Problems, and the Offer The Solutions" [CTP OTS] - create civil war, offer to send more troops in, all just so the USA troops can stay there. Sounds simple, works great. Dentists do it, the medical industry does it, and politicians use it all the time. Examples of CTP OTS abound in our world, it is a standard capitalist tool.

STANDARD CAPITALIST TOOL, that would be ITN and TORO, sorry guys I couldn't resist.and thankyou Karlin for the marvelous leadin.

I agree all the empire wants is chaos, the salvadore option.:wave: