David Irving - strange man

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Hi everyone,

As you probably know, I am English, and I've been watching the news lately, and find that this guy, David Irving is currently the subject of an Austrian prison sentence for denying the holocaust...now, this isnt specifically about this, it's more about the distruction of the British Empire, which of course, Canada was a big part of.

Now his views are quite strange, but are actually quite common in the UK and rising resentment of Winston Churchill is actually happening, call it a problem with multi-culturalism or whatever, but I just found his opinions somewhat interesting and thought I'd share them (considering this was filmed in vancouver I wondered if you felt that world war two was a fight we shouldnt have gotten involved in too?)

Daz

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I haven't researched the issue enough, but it seems to me his logic is a bit flawed in his assertion that 'if Britian hadn't gone to war with Germany, the holocaust wouldn't have happened.'

If anyone cares to shed some light on what it was in his research that brought him to that conclusion, or if I'm perhaps mishearing or misinterpreting what he was saying, I'd love to hear it. Because right now I'm simply confused and a bit apalled.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I haven't researched the issue enough, but it seems to me his logic is a bit flawed in his assertion that 'if Britian hadn't gone to war with Germany, the holocaust wouldn't have happened.'
Exactly what I was thinking, the extermination of the jews and the mass killings would have happened anyway....it wasnt as if it was a punishment against his enemies, from what I was aware, Ggermany at the time saw this as a completly seperate "war".

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Exactly what I was thinking, the extermination of the jews and the mass killings would have happened anyway....it wasnt as if it was a punishment against his enemies, from what I was aware, Ggermany at the time saw this as a completly seperate "war".

Perhaps he figures that the jews who were already being rounded up before anyone stepped in, were simply being gathered so that it would easier to hand out teddy bears and tickles?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I couldnt watch the movie cos i'm at work, but it struck me that talk of Britain not entering the war is rediculous. Germany was intent on invading the UK, along with the rest of europe. If we hadnt entered the war we would have had the same troubles. Many jews came to england to escape, but they would have been gassed too if germany had invaded