Why the USA is not leaving Iraq - CTP OTS

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
"Why the US is not leaving Iraq"
http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_1649.shtml
Perhaps the shortest path to a relatively satisfactory answer would be to follow the money. The fact is that not everyone is losing in Iraq - the Bush administration's wars of choice have brought fortunes and prosperity to war profiteers. At the heart of the reluctance to withdraw from Iraq lies the profiteers' unwillingness to give up further fortunes and spoils of war.

Pentagon contractors constitute the overwhelming majority of these profiteers. They include not only the giant manufacturing contractors, such as Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Boeing, but also a complex maze of over 100,000 service contractors and sub-contractors, such as private army or security corporations and "reconstruction" firms [1]. These contractors of both deconstruction and "reconstruction," whose profits come mainly from the US Treasury, have handsomely profited from the Bush administration's wars of choice.

There is an tactic used by capitalist pigs that I have been promoting that is called "Create The Problem, Offer the Solution" {CTP OTS}. This tactic runs throughout our world, from dentists who [used to] drill kids enamel to create life-long customers, or vehicles with 'designed obsolescence'[will break down] and then offers to sell you a new one, to the War in Iraq.

That last line shows CTP OTS clearly: "contractors of both deconstruction and "reconstruction," " .

The article focuses on the Pentagon Contractors " both as a major driving force to the war on Iraq and a major obstacle in the way of withdrawing from that country" [CTP OTS]

Large Pentagon contractors have been the main beneficiaries of this windfall. For example, a 2004 study by The Center for Public Integrity revealed that, for the 1998–2003 period, one percent of the biggest contractors won 80 percent of all defense contracting dollars. The top ten got 38 percent of all the money. Lockheed Martin topped the list at $94 billion, Boeing was second with $81 billion, Raytheon was third (just under $40 billion), followed by Northrop Grumman and General Dynamics with nearly $34 billion each [2].

Fantastic returns to these armaments conglomerates have been reflected in the continuing jump in the value of their shares or stocks on Wall Street.

And I would ask you if you have heard any of this good news for major corporations on the business reports that take up 15 minutes of the news hour - NO!! They talk of successes in other corporations, but these one TRIPLED in the share value, and are not mentioned.
When Bush tell the Americans that the economy is doing well, he is referring to this growth without mentioning it - those are the ONLY economic factors in the USA that are up, everything that relates to the common person is down down down.Except unemployment, which is up again today.

So it - the War in Iraq - is one huge farce, basic greed, basic imorality where people are being slaughtered by the 1000s, by the 100,000s, all for the greenbacks being tossed at 'friends of the Bush Family Fortune'.

This led many critics to point out, scornfully, that when around the same time Vice President Dick Cheney told Rush Limbaugh that "if you look at the overall situation [in Iraq] they're doing remarkably well," he must have been talking about Halliburton [6].

The Article continues with more CTP OTS:
The fact that powerful beneficiaries of war dividends flourish in an atmosphere of war and international convulsion should not come as a surprise to anyone. What is surprising is that, in the context of the recent US wars of choice, these beneficiaries have also acquired the power of promoting wars, often by manufacturing "external threats to our national interest." In other words, profit-driven beneficiaries of war have also evolved as war makers, or contributors to war making.[9]

There are strong indications that these dubious relationships represent more than simple cases of sporadic or unrelated instances of some unscruplulous or rogue elements. Evidence shows that contracts for the "reconstruction" of Iraq were drawn long before the invasion and deconstruction of that country had started.

On August 5, 2004, the White House created the Office of the Coordinator for Reconstruction and Stabilization, headed by former US Ambassador to Ukraine Carlos Pascual. Its mandate is to draw up elaborate 'post-conflict' plans for up to twenty-five countries that are not, as of yet, in conflict.

So, what to do?
It is time to make a moral case for restoring Iraqi oil and other assets to the Iraqis. It is also time to make a moral case against the war profiteers' plundering of our treasury, or tax dollars. To paraphrase the late General Smedley D. Butler, most wars could easily be ended -- they might not even be started -- if profits are taken out of them [14].

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
It's the American way dontch know!

Create some plausible...or even implausible "reason"..."Protecting the World from Communism..." "Walk softly but carry a big stick...(Manifest Destiny/Monroe Doctrine)...WMD's in the hands of tyrannical CIA installed despots (aided and abetted by the United States of America)...whatever..

America is balls and bones right down to the fabric of their "culture" more interested in "winning" i.e. making as much money as possible regardless of the means or consequences...

Everyone knows this....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
While in the past a moral case would or could be made for the restoration of Iraq, the problem is the gold standard of morality which of course belongs to the United-Stators. It was the application of this moral standard which resulted in the death zone called the middle east.

Capital requirments determine applicable morality, in all cases this calls for the liberal use of WMDs which of course pound the snot out of the demons entrenched in these godless nests of commies and
heathens. Can we allow the unclean to develope thier oil without the hand of friendship and compassion extended by the Church of Capital, I think not, least they develope evil institution and demons such as medi-care, education, and housing,.Spare the rod and spoil the Oil Bearing Muslim.:wave:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Why of course.... certainly the royalist adventures in old Europe with their slave colonization had much more "offer the solution" didn't they"

Same for Japan and China and much of Asia.... conquer, kill and create a captive slave class of workers for the benefit of ... who? The conquerors, the kings, the leaders......

Nice try Comrade Karlin.... have a gestalt day!

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
While in the past a moral case would or could be made for the restoration of Iraq, the problem is the gold standard of morality which of course belongs to the United-Stators. It was the application of this moral standard which resulted in the death zone called the middle east.

Capital requirments determine applicable morality, in all cases this calls for the liberal use of WMDs which of course pound the snot out of the demons entrenched in these godless nests of commies and
heathens. Can we allow the unclean to develope thier oil without the hand of friendship and compassion extended by the Church of Capital, I think not, least they develope evil institution and demons such as medi-care, education, and housing,.Spare the rod and spoil the Oil Bearing Muslim.:wave:

Good deal of chutzpah leaking through this contribution...

Juxtaposing the notion of "morality" from within the arena of war....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
We cannot apply the logic that contributed to producing our mistakes in the past to our problems and issues today... with all appologies to E. Einstein...

Nations in today's world have the capability of destroying the entire planet in a very short time.

We live in a world not bound by the logic and reason of past failures.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
MikeyDB

Is the cause of war.... our leaders or our submission to their mad quest?

Now they befuddle with that old saw: "In peace"....when it is more like "Killing with our love".

What if for one day nobody was killed at the hands of another?

Could we try for a second day? And another?

What is so difficult to understand about that?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Show me in human history where the number of dead ever balance that equation...

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
How can anyone suggest we consider the nuance of morality while we're in the process of making war on people we're told are "bad" by governments we know...beyond a doubt...that both lie to us and pillage the future of a planet.

Perhaps this "morality" thing isn't all it's cracked up to be.....?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
MikeyDB

Well said.

I know of no circumstance or cause that is good enough to excuse the death of one human being for the betterment of others.

We humans have taken the wrong turn somewhere along the line - even when we have created machines to take the place of slaves - we continue to enslave the minds.

Hope your day is a positive one - I love reading your posts - even though the topic is so depressing...

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Ah those evil capitalist pig dentists.

Ain't that the truth! Know what I did to one of those evil capitalist pigs? That sadist hurt me so bad
two times, that the last time I ran out of this office and stood frozen in the parking lot in January. I couldn't quit shaking for 30 minutes.

So, I complained to the State Board of Dentistry. They walloped him up side the head, fined his ass,
took away his license, made him go back to school, and they gave me a nice settlement. I see that b*stard is back in practice. Evil sadist pig.

False teeth.[/quote]

Uh, I may need them, but that dentist needs a taste of his own medicine at the hands of another evil sadist pig.

Uncle

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
I taught one dentiste a good lesson. The first time he hurt me I told him that the next time I would bite him. HE HURT ME THE SECOND TIME C R U N C H! Funny he has never hurt me again. I wonder why???