how left/right wing are you?

View Poll Results: where do u put yourself on a scale of 1 (extreme left) to 10 (extreme right)?
1 1 2.00%
2 2 4.00%
3 7 14.00%
4 9 18.00%
5 10 20.00%
6 7 14.00%
7 8 16.00%
8 4 8.00%
9 1 2.00%
10 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Skatchie
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I think Gov't should be conservative in spending and leave us with enough money in our pockets to afford the social programs we want.

That works in theory. I think there's a balance. Social programs are okay if they aren't bureaucratically ruined with expense. Things need to be made simpler. We need to get the lawyers out of there. They only succeed at making work for themselves. If tax was simple, if social programs were basic, and if the government knew their real role there would be no need to even debate things because you would have both the social programs you want and don't want and more money in your pocket.

Spade
Free Thinker
A Saskatchewanian is left or right depending on the political winds.

Skatchie
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

A Saskatchewanian is left or right depending on the political winds.

for the most part the rural people are right and the city folk are left, around here.

Spade
Free Thinker
It was just the opposite in the early days of the CCF.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by SkatchieView Post

That works in theory. I think there's a balance. Social programs are okay if they aren't bureaucratically ruined with expense. Things need to be made simpler. We need to get the lawyers out of there. They only succeed at making work for themselves. If tax was simple, if social programs were basic, and if the government knew their real role there would be no need to even debate things because you would have both the social programs you want and don't want and more money in your pocket.

My sentiment exactly.

coldstream
I don't know how i'd vote for that.

At one time, like at the founding of Canada.. the principles of economic nationalism, strong federalism, and strong respect sovereingty and for institutions such as marriage, and the right to life were Conservative principles. But the Conservative party has been taken over by libertarian nitwits, here and in the States.

I haven't voted for a major party in years. I feel the real Conservative agenda has been hijacked by a bunch of idiots under Harper, and that there is not a bit of difference between him and his predecessors of whatever party (Chretien, Mulroney) in the juggernaut of Free Trade, monetarist and 'free' market predatory capitalism.. the deformation of marriage (by homosexuality) and the holocaust of abortion.. the rise of an eco pagan spiritual systems (replacing Christianity), masquerading as a pseudo science, with its attendant frauds of AGW and radical plans to reduce earth's human population... all in the control of supranational agencies and oligarchs.

There is quite frankly only one political ideology that all the major parties subscribe to now.. a cult of death and deceit. The West has lost its civilizing impulse and is in a death spiral.. and no one is proposing a solution. Left and right.. they are all the same.

Skatchie
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

I don't know how i'd vote for that.
At one time, like at the founding of Canada.. the principles of economic nationalism, strong federalism, and strong respect sovereingty and for institutions such as marriage, and the right to life were Conservative principles. But the Conservative party has been taken over by libertarian nitwits, here and in the States.
I haven't voted for a major party in years. I feel the real Conservative agenda has been hijacked by a bunch of idiots under Harper, and that there is not a bit of difference between him and his predecessors of whatever party (Chretien, Mulroney) in the juggernaut of Free Trade, monetarist and 'free' market predatory capitalism.. the deformation of marriage (by homosexuality) and the holocaust of abortion.. the rise of an eco pagan spiritual systems (replacing Christianity), masquerading as a pseudo science, with its attendant frauds of AGW and radical plans to reduce earth's human population... all in the control of supranational agencies and oligarchs.
There is quite frankly only one political ideology that all the major parties subscribe to now.. a cult of death and deceit. The West has lost its civilizing impulse and is in a death spiral.. and no one is proposing a solution. Left and right.. they are all the same.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
51 million abortions in USA. I'm not saying I'm pro-choice or pro-life but those numbers are staggering. I see us heading down too but there is some hope.

Starscream
I never knew about that 'political compass' test. I took the test and found it really fun, and surprising. I thought I'd be more right wing/authotarian that that.

Here's my score:
Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.38

FiveParadox
Liberal
It would have been years since I last calculated these results, so here is my present self:

Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

It was just the opposite in the early days of the CCF.

The CCF was a different animal back then, of course so were the Liberals and Conservatives. You must remember the days too when the Liberal Party was The Reform Party, it was just before confederation, I was just a young'n then, I think you were in your teens. But really, I left Sask for the East Coast and soon found out that Roy Romanow's NDP was far to the right of John Hamm's PC's. The CCF was much farther right than any of todays parties, too bad they got hijacked by the n-dippers. I guess that's what happens when Western parties get corrupted by Eastern ideologies.

Quote: Originally Posted by StarscreamView Post

I never knew about that 'political compass' test. I took the test and found it really fun, and surprising. I thought I'd be more right wing/authotarian that that.

Here's my score:
Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.38

Yeah, as I posted before, it is a similar format to those tests done by corporate team building gurus. They are designed to come up with predictible but dubious results. It comes up with enough accuracies that you regard the inaccuacies as truth. Don't be surprised, be amused, it just like any parlour game, but without the crystal ball.

Oh, by the way, there is no such thing as "right wing/authoritarian", its just another obfuscation of reality courtesy of Josef Stalin, because we believed him, and apparently still do.

Goober
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

I see you put as much thought into this post as I do when I go for a good dump.

Nothing to rate an opinion on?

Nothing controversial?

Nothing that could be discussed as in with links?

Like I mentioned I put more thought into going for a really good DUMP than you did with this thread.

It is an insult to the members of this forum to post such drivel.

Unless you are into drivel. But myself I cannot give that even much thought as my priority now is to go for a well deserved and thorough dump.

Do you even realize the amount of problems that are solved over a really thorough dump.

Why I think I may post a thread asking members what problems or conundrums were solved over a really good dump.

So many people do not appreciate a really good dump and try to rush thru it. Only to come back a little while later.

Why I wonder how many Great Leaders solved complicated problems over a really Good dump.

Again proving that a really good dump must also be completely conclusive as the end result.

My post on this thread and the contents was way out of line. I apologize for being an ashoxle. But only an asshoxlle on this particular post.

GreenFish66
It's about being a little left/A little right in a perfect sustainable balance...I choose to use both sides of my brain.It's about living long and prospering now and Forever Forward into the Future...All depends on the Issue and problem that needs to be solved..

It's about finding workable solutions.

And I ain't talkin' about bein' Liberal..
Last edited by GreenFish66; Nov 19th, 2010 at 07:41 PM..

davesmom
Quote: Originally Posted by SkatchieView Post

I agree and I would also add that government needs to monitor the social programs and deal with those who take advantage and cheat. As it is, they just keep paying out benefits without checking to see if the qualifications for those benefits are still in place and if they are being honest. There are too many people on welfare and working under the table, single mothers in subsidized housing being kept by live-in partners, etc.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

On what issue? Only a frikkin' zombie adheres to a "party line" on everything. Think for yourselves, people and don't let some idiot try to pidgeonhole you ... on an internet forum, of all places.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmomView Post

I agree and I would also add that government needs to monitor the social programs and deal with those who take advantage and cheat. As it is, they just keep paying out benefits without checking to see if the qualifications for those benefits are still in place and if they are being honest. There are too many people on welfare and working under the table, single mothers in subsidized housing being kept by live-in partners, etc.

And to many first nation families wintering in Arizona while their bucks are freezing at home .

JLM
No Party Affiliation
With me it's more a matter of right vs. wrong. I'm for anything that works. Running up debt that doesn't generate wealth is a failure whichever party does it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

On what issue? Only a frikkin' zombie adheres to a "party line" on everything. Think for yourselves, people and don't let some idiot try to pidgeonhole you ... on an internet forum, of all places.

That's why I DON'T subscribe to ANY party. They are all crooked!

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
+1
Neither. I'm just me.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
Non-partisan here. A good idea is a good idea and a sh*tty idea is a sh*tty idea. Doesn't matter which side comes up with it.
For example, Ontario's green energy policy was an utterly sh*tty policy. All they did was switch out that nasty CO2 and SO2 for natags also known as, drum roll please........... methane, a GHG that is IIRC 20x times more potent than CO2.

All you renewables kool-aid drinkers got suckered by marketing from the oil and gas sector. Ooooo natgas is a cleaner burning fuel than coal because it produces hardly any CO2. Just ignore he fact that natgas is almost 100% methane and it's perfect for backing up intermittent sources of power generation.

Hell, might as well do away with the stupid windmills and mirrors and just run the gas power plants normally, it'd be easier on the environment.

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

in any event I prefer drumsticks.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
Why bother? Someone will tell me....

Twila
+3
#111  Top Rated Post

White_Unifier
+2
I'm either far right or far left depending on whom you ask.

no new posts