Mugabe The Zimbabwe Dictator

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061217-095357-6989r

Robert Mugabe - who is responsible for slaughtering thousands of White Farmers in Zimbabwe....is now inviting them back....

In reversal, Mugabe seeks white farmers

HARARE, Zimbabwe, Dec. 17 (UPI) -- In an about-face, Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe is letting some white [FONT=Lucida Grande, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Lucida Grande, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]farmers[/FONT][/FONT] return to their land as the country faces starvation and economic collapse.
Since Nov. 19, white farmers who lost ownership of their land have been granted 99-year government-backed leases on resettled farms, the Independent reported Sunday.
"We wanted to come back, because it's home," one farmer told newspaper about his 250-acre farm outside the capital, Harare, where he plans to grow corn and tobacco.
Only about 600 white farmers are left in Zimbabwe, down from 4,500 in 1999.
Mugabe mounted a six-year campaign in 2000 to seize white-owned farms in an effort to win over a hostile electorate, declaring in 2005 his land-reform policy would only be complete when there was "not a single white on the farms."
But famine and a collapsing economy have pressured him to let some interested whites return, the Independent said.
The land minister says her office had received more than 200 applications from whites to take up [FONT=Lucida Grande, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Lucida Grande, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]farming [/FONT][/FONT]again.
The idiot let the natives who were loyal to him slaughter or run off the farmers, take over their land (which fed much of Zimbabwe), their crops, their livestock....and forgot one thing. The natives had no idea how to use the implements, how to plant seed or harvest...... Oh and the United Nations did nothing!

Last edited:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
By the way, calling the white farmers "Dutch" is a racial insult, often used like "red-neck" in the US, basically, if you were to fiddle with a poor white person there, you would be Doing a "Dutchman"

He claims to have brought down the British Empire too...the Black Hitler he is....nothing more

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Daz

My apologies for using an insulting term..... I wasn't aware that 'Dutch' was an unacceptable word....I meant to write White Farmers as the article stated - was thinking of a S. African person I know who is of Dutch ancestry - who would be interested in this....

Redneck is mild in the U.S. - some are even proud to be called that..... or take it with humor.

Last edited:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Daz

My apologies for using an insulting term..... I wasn't aware that 'Dutch' was an unacceptable word....I meant to write White Farmers as the article stated - was thinking of a S. African person I know who is of Dutch ancestry - who would be interested in this....

Redneck is mild in the U.S. - some are even proud to be called that..... or take it with humor.

Yeah, I know some South Africans too, I travelled around the US for six weeks with one, he was of British Ancestory (as are many), most of the farmers in Zimbabwe are actually of British Ancestory, a lot of them frequant the bars in the UK these days, after having the farms they rightfully bought stolen from them in a most racist fashion.

Your friend is what the Dutch would call a "salty" (this derives from the fact they are stuck between continants and their balls are probably salty from hanging in the ocean!!) I think Robert Mugabe is a maniac, a crazy racist maniac.

oh by the way, most actual Dutch people dislike the boers (Farmers in Dutch) in Africa, as they feel they are very intensly racist.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Top News, Latest headlines, Latest News, World News & U.S News - UPI.com

Robert Mugabe - who is responsible for slaughtering thousands of White Farmers in Zimbabwe....is now inviting them back....

In reversal, Mugabe seeks white farmers

HARARE, Zimbabwe, Dec. 17 (UPI) -- In an about-face, Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe is letting some white farmers return to their land as the country faces starvation and economic collapse.
Since Nov. 19, white farmers who lost ownership of their land have been granted 99-year government-backed leases on resettled farms, the Independent reported Sunday.
"We wanted to come back, because it's home," one farmer told newspaper about his 250-acre farm outside the capital, Harare, where he plans to grow corn and tobacco.
Only about 600 white farmers are left in Zimbabwe, down from 4,500 in 1999.
Mugabe mounted a six-year campaign in 2000 to seize white-owned farms in an effort to win over a hostile electorate, declaring in 2005 his land-reform policy would only be complete when there was "not a single white on the farms."
But famine and a collapsing economy have pressured him to let some interested whites return, the Independent said.
The land minister says her office had received more than 200 applications from whites to take up farming again.
The idiot let the natives who were loyal to him slaughter or run off the farmers, take over their land (which fed much of Zimbabwe), their crops, their livestock....and forgot one thing. The natives had no idea how to use the implements, how to plant seed or harvest...... Oh and the United Nations did nothing!

Your link connects to a UPI news site and there is no reference to the article. However a quick Google search finds no mention of the slaughter of thousands of White farmers. There is, however, considerable mention of the slaughter of thousands of fellow Zimbabweans. Are you quite sure of your facts?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Your link connects to a UPI news site and there is no reference to the article. However a quick Google search finds no mention of the slaughter of thousands of White farmers. There is, however, considerable mention of the slaughter of thousands of fellow Zimbabweans. Are you quite sure of your facts?
[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
This is an 11 year old necro thread. Curiosity hasn't been around for at least 8 years which is probably why her link doesn't work.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Zimbabwe's first lady accused of assaulting young woman
Krista Mahr, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 12:47 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 05:53 PM EDT
JOHANNESBURG — The wife of Zimbabwe’s president has been accused of assaulting a young woman at an upscale hotel in South Africa, though she did not show up for court Tuesday as police had indicated.
It was not immediately clear where Grace Mugabe was. Minister of Police Fikile Mbalula said in a video posted by local broadcaster eNCA that she had handed herself over to police. But a police spokesman, Vishnu Naidoo, later said no arrest had been made and police were talking with the suspect’s lawyers.
The case draws yet more attention to the increasingly outspoken wife of the world’s oldest head of state, 93-year-old President Robert Mugabe. Last month she challenged her husband publicly for the first time to name a successor, positioning herself as a possibility as his advanced age takes a toll ahead of next year’s election.
Twenty-year-old model Gabriella Engels has accused Grace Mugabe of assaulting her Sunday night while she was visiting mutual friends of Mugabe’s sons in a hotel room in an upscale Johannesburg suburb. She claims the first lady’s bodyguards stood by and watched as Mugabe attacked her.
Engels posted several photos on social media showing a gash in her forehead, which she called a result of the alleged encounter.
“She flipped and just kept beating me with the plug. Over and over,” Engels told local news channel News24. “I had no idea what was going on. I was surprised . I needed to crawl out of the room before I could run away.”
Police confirmed that a 20-year-old woman registered “a case of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm” on Monday, but said the suspect could not be named as she had not yet appeared in court.
“The investigation into this case has already reached an advanced stage,” a police statement on Tuesday said.
It was unclear whether Mugabe would qualify for diplomatic immunity if charges are brought against her.
There was no immediate comment by Zimbabwe’s government or ruling party. Zimbabwean press reported earlier this week that Mugabe, 52, was in South Africa seeking medical attention.
It was not clear Tuesday night whether Mugabe was still in South Africa or had returned to Zimbabwe.
“If she went back, I just hope the police can do something to get her back,” Engels told The Associated Press. “I don’t want her to get away with this.”
She said she had recently met the Mugabe brothers and that mutual friends invited her to hang out at the hotel. She said the brothers were not in the room the night of the alleged assault.
“I don’t know how she got into the hotel room. We didn’t know she was Robert Mugabe’s wife,” Engels said. “I only found out outside when blood was rushing down my face and back.”
Mugabe has been accused of assaults during other overseas trips, including a 2009 visit to Hong Kong in which a photographer accused her of beating him up.
In this photo provided by Debbie Engels and taken on Monday, Aug. 14, 2017, Gabriella Engels is seen with an injury to her forehead in Johannesburg, South Africa. Twenty-year-old model Gabriella Engels has accused Grace Mugabe of assaulting her on Sunday, Aug. 13 while she was visiting Mugabe's sons in a hotel room in an upscale Johannesburg suburb. She claims the first lady's bodyguards stood by and watched as Mugabe attacked her. (Debbie Engels via AP)

Zimbabwe's first lady accused of assaulting young woman | World | News | Toronto

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Zimbabwe detains journalist for report President Mugabe's wife donated used underwear to party supporters
Farai Mutsaka, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 11:44 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 11:56 AM EDT
HARARE, Zimbabwe — Police in Zimbabwe detained a journalist for reporting that President Robert Mugabe’s wife allegedly donated used underwear and women’s nightgowns to ruling party supporters, a defence lawyer said Tuesday.
Kenneth Nyangani, a reporter with the NewsDay newspaper, was detained on Monday in the eastern city of Mutare after the story was published but police have not formally charged him, lawyer Passmore Nyakureba said.
In the Newsday story published Monday, Nyangani reported that a ruling party legislator donated the clothing items on behalf of Grace Mugabe. The first lady, whose political profile has risen in the recent years, routinely donates clothing and food items to ruling party supporters at her rallies.
“They wanted to charge him with criminal defamation, but I told them that law has been struck down by the constitutional Court,” Nyakureba said of his conversations with police. “They didn’t even seem aware of that fact. They are also not telling us whether the complainant is the first lady or the legislator.”
Amnesty International appealed for Nyangani’s release, describing his arrest as an attempt to harass and intimidate him and other journalists.
“The intention is to send a chilling message to journalists and media workers that they must self-censor rather than expose truths,” said Cousin Zilala, executive director of Amnesty’s Zimbabwe branch.
President Mugabe, meanwhile, was in South Africa on Tuesday for a meeting with President Jacob Zuma. He was not accompanied by his wife, who received diplomatic immunity from South Africa after being accused of attacking a young woman in a Johannesburg hotel in August and inflicting head wounds by whipping her with an extension cord.
AfriForum, a group representing 20-year-old Gabriella Engels, has said it is challenging the South African government over the immunity issue in an attempt to complicate any effort by Zimbabwe’s first lady to return to South Africa.
Grace Mugabe has denied any wrongdoing, saying Engels attacked her with a knife while drunk.
Grace donates used underwear - NewsDay Zimbabwe
http://amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2...ntimidate-him-and-others-for-doing-their-work
Zimbabwe detains journalist for report President Mugabe's wife donated used unde

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
WHO names Mugabe 'goodwill ambassador' despite human rights abuses
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Friday, October 20, 2017 01:59 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, October 20, 2017 02:03 PM EDT
GENEVA — Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe has long faced United States sanctions over his government’s human rights abuses. But the World Health Organization’s new chief is making the longtime African leader a “goodwill ambassador.”
With Mugabe on hand, WHO director-general Tedros Ghebreyesus told a conference in Uruguay this week on non-communicable diseases that he’d agreed to be a “goodwill ambassador” on the issue.
Tedros, an Ethiopian who became WHO’s first African director-general this year, said Mugabe could use the role “to influence his peers in his region.”
A WHO spokeswoman confirmed the comments to The Associated Press on Friday.
In his speech, Tedros described Zimbabwe as “a country that places universal health coverage and health promotion at the centre of its policies to provide health care to all.”
Two dozen organizations — including the World Heart Federation, Action Against Smoking and Cancer Research U.K. — released a statement slamming the appointment, saying health officials were “shocked and deeply concerned” and citing his “long track record of human rights violations.”
The groups said they had raised their concerns with Tedros on the sidelines of the conference, to no avail.
The southern African nation once was known as the region’s prosperous breadbasket. But in 2008, the charity Physicians for Human Rights released a report documenting failures in Zimbabwe’s health system, saying that Mugabe’s policies had led to a man-made crisis.
“The government of Robert Mugabe presided over the dramatic reversal of its population’s access to food, clean water, basic sanitation and health care,” the group concluded. “The Mugabe regime has used any means at its disposal, including politicizing the health sector, to maintain its hold on power.”
In this file photo dated Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017, Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe, during his meeting with South African President Jacob Zuma, at the Presidential Guesthouse in Pretoria, South Africa. (AP Photo/Themba Hadebe)
The report said Mugabe’s policies led directly to “the shuttering of hospitals and clinics, the closing of its medical school and the beatings of health workers.”
The U.S. in 2003 imposed targeted sanctions, a travel ban and an asset freeze against Mugabe and close associates, citing his government’s rights abuses and evidence of electoral fraud.
U.N. agencies typically choose celebrities as ambassadors to draw attention to issues of concern, but they hold little actual power.
Last year, the U.N. dropped the superhero Wonder Woman as an ambassador for “empowering girls and women” after the decision drew widespread criticism.

http://ncdalliance.org/node/9443
WHO names Mugabe 'goodwill ambassador' despite human rights abuses | World | New

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Good catch there spammy.......Not sure what they are thinking appointing him.......

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
World Health Organization revokes appointment of Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 09:07 AM EDT | Updated: Sunday, October 22, 2017 09:11 AM EDT
JOHANNESBURG — The head of the U.N. health agency has revoked his appointment of Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe as a “goodwill ambassador” after the choice drew widespread criticism.
World Health Organization director-general Tedros Ghebreyesus last week told a conference in Uruguay on non-communicable diseases that Mugabe had agreed to be a “goodwill ambassador” on the issue.
Tedros said in a statement Sunday that he had “reflected” over the past few days after flood of outrage and concern was voiced by international leaders and health experts on Mugabe’s appointment. “As a result I have decided to rescind the appointment,” he said in a statement.
He said he revoked Mugabe’s position in the best interests of the World Health Organization. Tedros also said he had consulted with the Zimbabwe government about his decision.
The 93-year-old Mugabe, the world’s oldest head of state, has long been criticized at home for going overseas for medical treatment as Zimbabwe’s once-prosperous economy falls apart and the country’s health care system deteriorates. Mugabe also faces U.S. sanctions over his government’s human rights abuses.
http://who.int/mediacentre/news/statements/2017/goodwill-ambassador-rescinded
World Health Organization revokes appointment of Zimbabwe President Robert Mugab