Who's brainwashin' who? or is that whom?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ok, I'm really getting tired of hearing how Me and anyone else that doesn't swallow the whole leftist hyperbole, on everything, are brainwashed by the "Right Wing" media.

I have been reading all about the truthful and objective journalism coming from places like the Middle East and anywhere else a ratings driven group can find blood for the 6 O'clock news.

Here take an objective look for yourselves at one such report.
http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2006/08/corruption-of-media.html

I can assure you leftists, that for the most part, us that dissagree with you, do so because we have a balanced and objective view of the real events. Not the events as dictated in some leaning book, media outlet or bird cage liner.

This really is not about "Left" and "right". It is about how we as different people disseminate facts or swallow hooks.

I as many others do, may appear to lean to the right, but I can assure you, I'm as many others are, no big fans of Bush or Harper. To much bible in the mix for me personally.

I like facts, not white wash or hyped sound bites. I look past the glam and glitter, I want the real dirt. As do most of the people here, whom are constantly called "right" wingers. I even see now we're being called "reicht" wingers. Obviously by some child that has not got one clue what he is referrencing to. Oh I'm sure he can go copy paste something off the web, but I garner he has no idea what he is actually saying.

It's high time you stop referring to us as nazi's and start looking at the international media as your enemy.

The media of today is shaping the political atmosphere of tomorrow, wake up.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Smack on Bear, I'm getting use to being called a Racist, a bigot, stupid, an idiot, brain dead and brain washed-why bother washing something that is dead. Regarding Right Wing Media, the only place I can find articles on what is happening around the world are deemed Right Wing sites. CBC is the same old things day in and out with little or no reference as to what is going on in the Sudan, Africa, ME. England, France, Germany. What are Canadians to fragile to handle the truth, or more frightening our Media in Canada don't want us to know what is going on around the world because it doesn't fit their Left Leaning Ethos?

Rant over, back to being called names. Stick and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
I can assure you leftists, that for the most part, us that dissagree with you, do so because we have a balanced and objective view of the real events. Not the events as dictated in some leaning book, media outlet or bird cage liner.

This really is not about "Left" and "right". It is about how we as different people disseminate facts or swallow hooks.

I as many others do, may appear to lean to the right, but I can assure you, I'm as many others are, no big fans of Bush or Harper. To much bible in the mix for me personally.

I like facts, not white wash or hyped sound bites. I look past the glam and glitter, I want the real dirt. As do most of the people here, whom are constantly called "right" wingers. I even see now we're being called "reicht" wingers. Obviously by some child that has not got one clue what he is referrencing to. Oh I'm sure he can go copy paste something off the web, but I garner he has no idea what he is actually saying.

It's high time you stop referring to us as nazi's and start looking at the international media as your enemy.

The media of today is shaping the political atmosphere of tomorrow, wake up.

That is the way you see it, you have just stated that a lefty and a righty have different viewpoints so what you think might be the 'down and dirty' is not going to wash for a lefty, because simply we are not going to view your sources as credible and neither would you view ours. So it is a perfect world.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Smack on Bear, I'm getting use to being called a Racist, a bigot, stupid, an idiot, brain dead and brain washed-why bother washing something that is dead. Regarding Right Wing Media, the only place I can find articles on what is happening around the world are deemed Right Wing sites. CBC is the same old things day in and out with little or no reference as to what is going on in the Sudan, Africa, ME. England, France, Germany. What are Canadians to fragile to handle the truth, or more frightening our Media in Canada don't want us to know what is going on around the world because it doesn't fit their Left Leaning Ethos?

Rant over, back to being called names. Stick and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me.
No Sass, it's not that our media is filtering to protect, it's filtering to sway. It's dangerous and corrupt. Look at all the people here who swalllow it blindly, then claim us that rally around the "Troops" as it were, are all nazi's or "Reicht" wingers.

Check out this site Sass, http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=7

It's a media watchdog group, specifically aimed at the ME.

Who really is brain washed? AND... Why does it always have to boil down to us vs. them? Why can we not have a joined force for change, accountablity or truth from all the players?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That is the way you see it, you have just stated that a lefty and a righty have different viewpoints so what you think might be the 'down and dirty' is not going to wash for a lefty, because simply we are not going to view your sources as credible and neither would you view ours. So it is a perfect world.
That is exactly where you are wrong. When ever some one posts a link to their proof, I view it with an open mind. Can you say the same? Honestly?

You already answered, and that is why you will never learn.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I see that happening from both sides. I post medical facts and I'm a jihadist who wants to mutilate children... Time comes that you have to learn to ignore people who think like that.

It's a shame too because I don't believe most people fall so easily into categories. I hold some opinions that would be considered left leaning and some that would be considered right leaning. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
All media is guilty of biases. It's inevitable. To get at the truth I find I need to sift through all the half truths expressed as the truth. Liberal and conservative media alike are guilty of this. To simplify it further to right and left is highly polarizing and assuming. I consider myself to be in the middle somewhere, though on many occasions I've been called one or the other, probably I've been called liberal or left moreso than right or conservative, but not disproportionately.

I really think it's a huge oversight for one group or the otther to claim to have a more balanced or objective view of the world. Just claiming something like that is an indication of how objective a person is.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I see we're posting at the sme time here. The links people bring up here is a good point. People claiming to have truth on the side of their study, and then the link is from a site like the Familly research council, or some other group which releases non-peer reviewed studies, and puts them forward as fact. Or links with fancy graphs, with no indication of what the data trully is, or how it was obtained.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
All media is guilty of biases. It's inevitable. To get at the truth I find I need to sift through all the half truths expressed as the truth. Liberal and conservative media alike are guilty of this. To simplify it further to right and left is highly polarizing and assuming. I consider myself to be in the middle somewhere, though on many occasions I've been called one or the other, probably I've been called liberal or left moreso than right or conservative, but not disproportionately.

I really think it's a huge oversight for one group or the otther to claim to have a more balanced or objective view of the world. Just claiming something like that is an indication of how objective a person is.
I have to buy three papers a day to filter them all together and get something that doesn't even resemble truth. We have to demand the truth from media outlets, we have to stop buying into every misleading head line and half truth, no matter whos spin doctors spun it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I see we're posting at the sme time here. The links people bring up here is a good point. People claiming to have truth on the side of their study, and then the link is from a site like the Familly research council, or some other group which releases non-peer reviewed studies, and puts them forward as fact. Or links with fancy graphs, with no indication of what the data trully is, or how it was obtained.
Which is why I like sites that have links to their sources and those sources have links to their sources. Like CAMERA.org.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
"reicht" wingers: I had not heard/seen this one.

On who does the brainwashing: quite often a major source is found looking back at you when you look in the mirror. People form a starting position, and then seek to confirm that position. They naturally will spend more time looking at things that support their position than deny it. The more they do this, the further entrenched they become from the "mounting support" of their stance. This is the natural way the human brain works, and nobody is immune to it. We can consciously take action to control it, but we can not eliminate it. This is why double blind experiments are the most reliable, for example.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
"reicht" wingers: I had not heard/seen this one.

On who does the brainwashing: quite often a major source is found looking back at you when you look in the mirror. People form a starting position, and then seek to confirm that position. They naturally will spend more time looking at things that support their position than deny it. The more they do this, the further entrenched they become from the "mounting support" of their stance. This is the natural way the human brain works, and nobody is immune to it. We can consciously take action to control it, but we can not eliminate it. This is why double blind experiments are the most reliable, for example.
As I have come to expect from you, a great objective look at what i asked, TY.

I agree, and I am guilty of it myself. I caught myself and took action to change that. Does the fact that I found more material pointing fingers at the Hezbollah say that I subconsciously sought it out, or does it mean that they have given enough ammo to be found guilty in the court of public opinion?

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Perhaps "brainwashed" is a bit much. Maybe mislead is a better word. And your mislead when you believe the lies or half truths from the media. Fox news has an agenda, no one can argue that. When a news agency keeps on telling you "4 weeks until America re-elects Bush", they obviously have an agenda. So if you buy into Fox news you are mislead. The same can be said for left wing media too.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Perhaps "brainwashed" is a bit much. Maybe mislead is a better word. And your mislead when you believe the lies or half truths from the media. Fox news has an agenda, no one can argue that. When a news agency keeps on telling you "4 weeks until America re-elects Bush", they obviously have an agenda. So if you buy into Fox news you are mislead. The same can be said for left wing media too.
Funny how you tipped your cards there Gonzo. 4 LInes about rightwing fox, then a quick sentence about the"left" media too. To an astoot observer, that didn't already know that you leaned to the left. They would know now. But they would also get a sence of Fox news bias and think it to be very blatantly(I KNOW IT IS)so. While the left is just misleading.

How about this, it doesn't matter which way your mainstream media swings, they are lying to you.

cortex

Electoral Member
Aug 3, 2006
hopelessly entagled
The accusation of being brainwashed does not come solely from the left. I for one am NOT a leftist and yet i can clearly see that you are throughly brainwashed by the fascist right wing racist media--through no fault of your own of course.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The accusation of being brainwashed does not come solely from the left. I for one am NOT a leftist and yet i can clearly see that you are throughly brainwashed by the fascist right wing racist media--through no fault of your own of course.
Care to prove that, or would you prefer to just spout off nonsence as usual and then run off?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No proof is required . Stop and ponder. look within yourself. Silence your demons. Sanitize your viruses.---

sorry...got to run
That's what I thought, nothing, just a typical generalization. Based on your emotion and a the position from which you view the world.

It real is sad to se how the oh so elitist intellectual crowd, with their wimzical remarks and accusations, have so very little, if not nothing at all, to offer.