Bush believes that Islamic want to convert them to Allah

Salaam

Sep 5, 2006
Bush is afraid that Islamic people will try to convert people to Allah. :lol: :lol:

That is so funny because Allah is God. Bush must be stupid.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i think u must be confused, Salaam. "convert" usually means to change from one religion to another. so the phrase "convert to Allah" i suppose would be more accurately "convert to Islam" but the idea is clear, and it's probably true. I understand that, like Christians, Moslems are encouraged to convert people to their faith. No problem there. I doubt you could convice your average American that the sky was blue if a Moslem told him it was so. A lot of irrational hate has been engendered.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
The Islamic people have been free to convert people to Islam in North America for over a hundred years now. Most of us chose not to convert. Now if only the leaders of Islamic nations allowed Christians to convert Musloms without being beheaded.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Salaam said:
Bush is afraid that Islamic people will try to convert people to Allah. :lol: :lol:

Just look at my quote, it gives you an idea, how he is. :wink:

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Finder said:
The Islamic people have been free to convert people to Islam in North America for over a hundred years now. Most of us chose not to convert. Now if only the leaders of Islamic nations allowed Christians to convert Musloms without being beheaded.

Where did it happen? Mostly in saudi-arabia, no doubt about it.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Bush believes that Is

I really wish people would not take either relious book, the bible or the qu'ran so bloody seriously, I mean, word for word, thats what causes the problems, it's those hardliners on both sides that think everything in those books MUST be true....

to me, there should be a warning on both, kind of like a tobacco warning "the contents of these book may not be completly true and must be taken with a pinch of salt"

thats where the problem comes in......and I'm pretty sure boths books try to discourage the beheading of people.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Re: RE: Bush believes that Is

Daz_Hockey said:
I really wish people would not take either relious book, the bible or the qu'ran so bloody seriously, I mean, word for word, thats what causes the problems, it's those hardliners on both sides that think everything in those books MUST be true....

to me, there should be a warning on both, kind of like a tobacco warning "the contents of these book may not be completly true and must be taken with a pinch of salt"

thats where the problem comes in......and I'm pretty sure boths books try to discourage the beheading of people.

Well said.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Actually to alot of people (christians) believe Allah is the continuing worship of the old Arab Pagan "Moon God", in the same way many believe that Jehovah is the continuing worship of the Old Judaic Pagan "high god" (their version of Zeus).

So to many, worship of Allah and Worship of the Trinity are different.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

nah that theory was disproved a long time ago Zzarchov

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Its not about a theory being true or not.
Its about what people believe, this is religion after all, thats the whole point.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

and the "moon god"'s name is zin "sin", you get it?, yeah this is a VERY old story, it's been fully debunked, no one believes it anymore.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Then you are out of touch my friend.

Many MANY protestestants still believe Catholics secretly worship the devil and that Masonic Lodges are satanic recruiting grounds.

Whether or not you have believe these things, and no matter how much concrete irrefutable proof you have means absolutely squat to those who do believe it.

I believe this has already been proven in the whole Evolution debacle.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
Re: RE: Bush believes that Islamic want to convert them to A

Zzarchov said:

So what is your point?? That is obvious.

Toro

Senate Member
Logic 7 said:
Finder said:

Under the Taliban, attempting to convert a Muslim was punishable by death.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Re: RE: Bush believes that Islamic want to convert them to A

Hotshot said:
Zzarchov said:

So what is your point?? That is obvious.

My point is , to you anyways, that you really should read the first post in a thread before commenting in it and wondering what people are talking about.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Toro said:
Logic 7 said:
Finder said:

Under the Taliban, attempting to convert a Muslim was punishable by death.

It has been known to happen in many different Northern African nations, Afghanistan, Northern Pakistan, and I do believe in most Arab nations including Saudi Arabia I do believe it's still illegal for a Muslim to convert or for missions to try to convert Muslims to another religion. The Middle East is not known for its progressive idea's and it's a joke trying to make it look as if the USA is less progressive socially then any one of these nations. One of the more Liberal Arab nations until a few years ago was Iraq and the USA is doing a pretty good job at pushing it to radical Islam.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Logic 7 said:
Finder said:

Actually, in pretty much every Islamic nation on the planet. This just yesterday in "moderate" Indonesia:

http://www.compassdirect.org/en/display.php?page=breaking&lang=en&length=long&idelement=4530

Texas1

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2005
Salaam said:

DUBAI (Reuters) - Al Qaeda called on President Bush and non-Muslims especially in the United States to convert to Islam and abandon their 'misguided' ways or else suffer the consequences, according to a video posted on a Web site on Saturday.

I think you spun the players bud.