Hizbollah gets it done - reconstruction of Lebanon

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0824-07.htm

Putting the USA authorites to shame compared to New Orleans reconstruction, and in Iraq, the outlaw terrorist "haters of freedom" as GW BeeellZeeBubba Bush puts it, Hezbolla is re-building Lebanon.

Sure, they have a source of funding available from Iran, but so does the USA have money available, its just where they choose to spend it.

So judge them on their works... Maybe Hezbolla isn't quite the kind of horrible people we have been led to believe they are.

Karlin

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Well, I hope they've got more than fifteen thousand dollars per household to give away. H's decisions have led to immense tragedy for the Lebanese people. Sucking up by paying up is a pretty old game.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Well they can't very well go around saying they're raising money to buy Khaybar rockets, can they. They'll hand out a few dollars here and there to make it look good, and the rest of the money they'll allege to have spent on reconstruction will go towards buying arms. Why do you think they're insisting that there be no UN presence along the Syrian border. The UN will be nothing more than another human shield for the hezbos.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Karlin said:
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0824-07.htm

Putting the USA authorites to shame compared to New Orleans reconstruction, and in Iraq, the outlaw terrorist "haters of freedom" as GW BeeellZeeBubba Bush puts it, Hezbolla is re-building Lebanon.

Sure, they have a source of funding available from Iran, but so does the USA have money available, its just where they choose to spend it.

So judge them on their works... Maybe Hezbolla isn't quite the kind of horrible people we have been led to believe they are.

Karlin

Viva Hezbollah!! they deserved it.Today i decided to print 1000 hezbollah t-shirt.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Just the Facts said:
Well they can't very well go around saying they're raising money to buy Khaybar rockets, can they. They'll hand out a few dollars here and there to make it look good, and the rest of the money they'll allege to have spent on reconstruction will go towards buying arms. Why do you think they're insisting that there be no UN presence along the Syrian border. The UN will be nothing more than another human shield for the hezbos.

Instead of repeating what the US Coalition of the willing are saying, just try to prove your point, or dig into facts, instead of letting others dictates your opinions.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Logic 7 said:
Just the Facts said:

Instead of repeating what the US Coalition of the willing are saying, just try to prove your point, or dig into facts, instead of letting others dictates your opinions.

Did they say that? Do you have a link?

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Logic 7 said:
Viva Hezbollah!! they deserved it.Today i decided to print 1000 hezbollah t-shirt.

Viva hezbollah? I thought you were all about peace? If you don't like Israel, can't you at least admit that BOTH sides are to blame? Do you think hezbollah was 100% innocent in the conflict?????

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
Too funny. wow. It's 2006 and Islamists extremists are praised for getting the crap kicked out of the Lebanese economy.

Rebuilding an economy is much more than puting a new roof on a house. It's about building trust in the country so that investors put their 50 million in a project in Lebanon and not Greece or Ireland. the Islamic whackos have destroyed a decent standard of living for most Lebanese for the next decade..t.hen, they'll destroy it all over again.

Martyr

Jul 21, 2006
O-Town, The "CAPITAL"
I must admit, if I had been in this same situation for the past decade, I probably would have started my own "Hezbollah" to protect my land as well. I don't view them as a terrorist organization. They would have to be deemed so internationally for me to agree.

If the U.S. ever tried to come into my neighborhood and kick me out of my home, I would definately join some form of resistance purely in the name of patriotism and completely voluntarily. I'm not a racist. I am individually judgemental, i'm sure. I think that it is only human nature. I have jewish friends with whom I've shared this opinion & they look @ me no less different based on principal.

I dont really think it has anything to do with racism or religion, just product of environment.

I find that people that live in a democratic society, such as I, are very judgemental on these matters that we can't even begin to understand with our freedom, insurance, various aid organizations(welfare,etc.) and the fact that pretty much all of us have the time and money to be on our computers to reply to these posts in the first place.

At least Hezbollah are trying to help. It's a lot more than many people do. I'm sure we all could be doing something more productive with our time right now...but were not(myself included!)

The Martyr

Think as you will of me...

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Hezbolla is helping the "little people", whereas Bush and America only help the Elites, the corporations, the allready wealthy. New Orleans and Iraq is strong evidence of that Elitism.

Sure, is it right to be cynical, Hezbolla is handing out money to gain favours more than they are trying to be mercifull. . I am not supporting their brutal violent ways, I should make that very clear I guess.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
gc said:
Logic 7 said:

Viva hezbollah? I thought you were all about peace? If you don't like Israel, can't you at least admit that BOTH sides are to blame? Do you think hezbollah was 100% innocent in the conflict?????

Not 100%, but surely the entire blame doesnt lend on their shoulder, certainly their kidnapping was provacative, illegal, but the response was overexagerated, israel and usa, are punishing the peoples of lebanon for hezbollah, and palestinians for hamas elections, didnt they supposed to support free elections?both are part of the governement from free elections,, and both should be respected, as israelis leaders, usa leaders, canada leaders, and so on.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Logic 7 said:
gc said:
Logic 7 said:

Not 100%, but surely the entire blame doesnt lend on their shoulder, certainly their kidnapping was provacative, illegal, but the response was overexagerated, israel and usa, are punishing the peoples of lebanon for hezbollah, and palestinians for hamas elections, didnt they supposed to support free elections?both are part of the governement from free elections,, and both should be respected, as israelis leaders, usa leaders, canada leaders, and so on.

If you acknowledge that hezbollah is partly responsible for the war, then why do you say "viva hezbollah"? Why do you support a group that you yourself has acknowledged is partly responsible for the deaths of innocent civilians (even if you think Israel deserves more blame)?

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Hezbollah hands out phoney money for a photo op and all the nutters fall for it. :roll:

Now GW is giving Lebanon $230 million. Real money.
Counterfeit News.
David Frum, National Post

Published: Saturday, August 26, 2006
Perhaps you saw the images in your newspaper or on television:

"A Lebanese man counts U.S dollar bills received from Hizbollah members in a school in Bourj el-Barajneh, a southern suburb of Beirut, August 19, 2006. Hizbollah handed out bundles of cash on Friday to people whose homes were wrecked by Israeli bombing, consolidating the Iranian-backed group's support among Lebanon's Shiites and embarrassing the Beirut government. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard (LEBANON)"

This scene and dozens more like it flashed around the planet. Only one thing was missing -- the thin wire security strip that runs from top to bottom of a genuine US$100 bill. The money Hezbollah was passing was counterfeit, as should have been evident to anybody who studied the photographs with due care.

Care was due because of Hezbollah's history of counterfeiting: In June, 2004, the U.S. Department of the Treasury publicly cited Hezbollah as one of the planet's leading forgers of U.S. currency.

But this knowledge was disregarded by the news organizations who queued up to publicize Hezbollah's pseudo-philanthropy. The passing of counterfeit bills was detected not by the reporters and photographers on the spot, but by bloggers thousands of miles away: SnappedShots.com, MyPetJawa and Charles Johnson's Little Green Footballs. These sites magnified photographs and showed them to currency experts and detected irregularity after irregularity in the bills. (Links to all the sites mentioned here can be found at frum.nationalreview.com)

Maybe it's too much to expect journalists to be currency experts. But one does expect them to be able to detect a manipulated photograph, especially a crudely manipulated one. Yet it was again Charles Johnson -- who is a professional musician by the way -- and not a news editor, who caught Reuters distributing faked photographs by its now infamous Lebanese staff photographer, Adnan Hajj.

Hajj used Photoshop software to make fires in Lebanese cities look larger than they were and to transform photos of Israeli signal flares into apparent images of missiles in full flight. For this and other faked pictures, Hajj was fired and Reuters removed almost a thousand of his photographs from its archive.

But the scandal of Lebanese war coverage only begins with Hajj; it does not end there -- nowhere close.

In July, respected news organizations like AP, the BBC, Time Magazine, ITN, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times and thousands of others broadcast the shocking news that Israeli forces had fired missiles at two clearly marked Red Cross ambulances, igniting intense fires that injured their passengers. Accompanying photographs and then later footage taken by somebody described as a "local cameraman" showed a badly damaged ambulance with a hole in the dead centre of the roof.

Yet as the blogger Zombietime.com has demonstrated, the whole story is a crude hoax. Photographs of the ambulances in question show no signs of blast or burn. Nor was there any damage to the floor of the ambulance -- as one would expect if a missile had smashed through the roof. The badly "wounded" and heavily bandaged ambulance driver who appeared in the stories resurfaced in other news footage six days later without so much as a scratch upon him. The hole in the roof was not only perfectly round, but it matched exactly the size and placement of the ambulance's missing siren. The siren must have been removed some time before, because the edge of the hole was corroded by rust.

Although journalists were not allowed to inspect the ambulances themselves -- and had to rely on images supplied by Hezbollah -- and although the ambulance drivers' stories changed and changed again, becoming more dramatic with each retelling, every single Western reporter who covered the story accepted it as unquestioned fact.

So are reporters just gullible? The most troubling of all the blog reports, this posted at EUReferendum.com, strongly suggests a more disturbing explanation.

The authors of the EUReferendum blog painstakingly studied all the available photographic evidence of the damage done by the Israeli bombing of a Hezbollah compound near the village of Qana on July 30. According to many press reports, the Israeli bombs struck a three-storey building, trapping civilians and childrens in the rubble. The toll was estimated at some 60 people, later reduced to 28. The photographs and television footage from this sad scene became some of the most famous footage of the whole Lebanon war.

At the EUReferendum site, you can see over many Web pages a compilation of evidence that proves beyond all reasonable doubt that the images from Qana were not merely staged -- but staged with the active knowledge and complicity of the Western journalists on the scene.

Scenes were enacted and re-enacted; dead bodies were carried from point to point and then back again; Hezbollah spokesmen chatted on cellphones when they believed the cameras were turned away from them -- and then erupted in tears and anguish when they believed the cameras had turned on again.

How to account for this massive distortion? Yesterday, Annia Ciezadlo detailed in these pages Hezbollah's attempts to deceive the press. But why is the press so horribly susceptible to manipulation? Anti-Israel ideology plays its part. So too must competitive zeal. Photo-journalists want to win prizes -- and news organizations want scoops: If that means hiring local Hezbollah sympathizers to carry cameras where more objective journalists are forbidden to go, that is a price that news organizations will too often pay.

Finally, let's not underestimate the power of fear: Hezbollah is the terrorist organization that held the AP reporter Terry Anderson hostage in Lebanon for six years. As the stories of Jill Caroll of the Christian Science Monitor, Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig of Fox News, and of course Daniel Pearl remind us, Middle Eastern terrorist groups do not scruple to seize and murder journalists.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/....html?id=eb48ad39-2760-4de5-bd19-afd3222aa8d7

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
We need Hezbollah to start to do the grunt work of reconstruction in Lebanon. Handing out money - even phony money - is hardly the panacea expected. The lead Hezbollah nutter was in the news yesterday saying he never expected the maximum response for the killing and kidnapping of Israeli troops. Well, he got it. Hope the lad is used to manual labour. He should ditch his clerical garb, put on a t-shirt and jeans, and sweat.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
zoofer said:
Hezbollah hands out phoney money for a photo op and all the nutters fall for it. :roll:

I'm curious about this. The only way to know would be to examine the bills first hand. Has the bills been examined first hand? No, but of course the National Post reports is as though they were.

I totally understand the part of the red strip. Again this could be counterfeit money, but for now it is propaganda from this side until someone examines those bills. You can’t just look at a photo of somebody counting bills in their hands and suddenly have a proven case. That would never hold up in court.

The National Post is garbage.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
zoofer said:
But this knowledge was disregarded by the news organizations who queued up to publicize Hezbollah's pseudo-philanthropy. The passing of counterfeit bills was detected not by the reporters and photographers on the spot, but by bloggers thousands of miles away: SnappedShots.com, MyPetJawa and Charles Johnson's Little Green Footballs. These sites magnified photographs and showed them to currency experts and detected irregularity after irregularity in the bills. (Links to all the sites mentioned here can be found at frum.nationalreview.com)

Come on. Why do this the hard and possibly inaccurate way? How hard is it to just get one of these bills if they are being handed out all over the place? This comes across as a little stupid.