Lebanon Israel Facts the Media isnt telling you

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Chomsky's statements

are in line with what I've read from at least a dozen different sources. You will rarely find this stuff in the mainstream news but it is out there. That is the beauty of the Internet.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Thanks for the link.

I did not know that the Israeli military kidnapped two Palestinian civilians the day before Palestinian militants captured two Israeli soldiers.

But if I remember correctly, the Palestinian militants dug a very long tunnel in preparation for their raid. That must have taken months. I doubt the two events are so closely related as the link portrays.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Re: RE: Lebanon Israel Facts the Media isnt telling you

earth_as_one said:

Thanks for the link.

I did not know that the Israeli military kidnapped two Palestinian civilians the day before Palestinian militants captured two Israeli soldiers.

But if I remember correctly, the Palestinian militants dug a very long tunnel in preparation for their raid. That must have taken months. I doubt the two events are so closely related as the link portrays.

That i am having trouble to understand, how those palestinians militant would have dug a very long tunnel, in the sand?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

Logic 7 said:
That i am having trouble to understand, how those palestinians militant would have dug a very long tunnel, in the sand?

well if anyone could figure it out...

and about the tunnel taking a while, all the more reason to think it had been ready to go and waiting for a reason to be used.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

earth_as_one said:

you seem to be assuming they moved just as the tunnel was completed.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006

BitWhys said:
Logic 7 said:

well if anyone could figure it out...

and about the tunnel taking a while, all the more reason to think it had been ready to go and waiting for a reason to be used.

With 0.9 m wide x 650 metre long in the sand, is something i highly doubt.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006

BitWhys said:
how long you figure it took them to make it?

To me, it is just impossible to dig a tunnel that size in the sand.

With this tunnels which is or was 0.9m wide x 0.9m high x 650m long tunnel that would probably require at the least 526 cubic meters of excavation to be removed at, , 1.3 tonnes per cubic metre if dry, that’s 700 tonnes of dirt to get rid of. A good three-axelle semi trailer would take about thirthy tonnes of load of it so that’s about 23 semi-trailer loads.

Can someone in here, has a photo, or something of the tunnel?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

I never said though sand. Logic did.

Logic 7 said:
earth_as_one said:

Thanks for the link.

Where did I say sand????

Israel vows to free Gaza soldier

...Cpl Gilad Shalit, 19, was presumed captured when a joint attack by militant groups killed two soldiers....

...Cpl Shalit was the gunner on a tank attacked in a pre-dawn raid by militants from a 300 metre tunnel dug under the Gaza border fence near the Kerem Shalom crossing, Israeli military officials said....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5115890.stm

Also kidnapped refers to civilians. So does abducted and hostage taking. Since this was a military operation, involving solely military personnel, the military term captured applies. Shalit is a POW. Sadly, he is only entitled to the same rights Israel provides for its Palestinian POWs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5154594.stm

The two fox new men on the other hand were civilians:

Palestinian Journalists in Gaza Protest Kidnapping of FOX News Journalists
Saturday, August 19, 2006
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,209439,00.html

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
Noam Chompsky is the intellectual spokesman of the Left in the U.S.

Everything the man utters politically is biased towards the Left - period. He is extremely critical of the U.S. forign policy. While obviously some of what the man says is true, everything he says is spin doctored, Noam Chomsky views Israel as the U.S. in the middle east - and accuses the administration of treating it as such.

While the man has done a lot of great work with linguistics (including his "baby" generative grammar) in which he is very reputable, when it comes to politics he is very biased to the point of rhetoric in near everything he says.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006

Graeme said:
Noam Chompsky is the intellectual spokesman of the Left in the U.S.

Everything the man utters politically is biased towards the Left - period. He is extremely critical of the U.S. forign policy. While obviously some of what the man says is true, everything he says is spin doctored, Noam Chomsky views Israel as the U.S. in the middle east - and accuses the administration of treating it as such.

While the man has done a lot of great work with linguistics (including his "baby" generative grammar) in which he is very reputable, when it comes to politics he is very biased to the point of rhetoric in near everything he says.

That makes me laugh, when i read post from people who are pro-bush,pro-israel and so on, they all say chomsky is biased, but , can you name an exemple that he is biased? the way US support israel, yes his statement is very true, it is like Israel is part of the united states.