Airport Banning Substances: Right or Wrong?

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It is so inconvenient...People coming to the country goes through the airport....buys stuff from the Duty Free shop...like liquor and perfume....they are NOT ALLOWED to bring it with them....This caused the Duty Free shops in airports to close...in Pearson....i believe 7 of the 11 shops are closing....

I personally think that IT IS CRAZY for not be able to bring SUBSTANCES on the plane....If (hope not) the people want to blow up the plane....many items on the plane itself can create a bomb...

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
You can't plan for every contingency.
I could just as easilly die in a car accident.

I am not too worried about being blown up.

I want terrorists dead but I am not willing to destroy the quality of life for the whole world to do so.

The war on terrorism is silly. What sort of life do we want to live. I want freedom. I'd rather die free than live cowering from danger.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I read the other day,

that Premier Cambell had a book taken away from him. I don't know whether it was a hard cover or a paperback. I would have thought a quick rifle through the pages would cleared a paperback. Surely the X-ray would have picked up anything dangerous in the spine of the book. If I can't take a book on an overseas flight, I won't go. All this banning of substances and things is a complete over reaction.