UN Security Council ceasefire resolution approved

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=19492&Cr=leban&Cr1=

If I understand this right the 15k force to be deployed in Southern Lebanon is a Lebanese force working with some UN forces. Is that how everyone sees this? I'm not sure how it all fits.

A buddy of mine is a is a commander in Afghanistan. He was saying that an operation of this kind takes years to plan, especially with UN/Allied operations. That it's impossible to bring a bunch of countries together in a week and have a plan that is understood, actionable and accountable.

I'm glad there is a ceasefire plan in place. I think the process will be 2-steps forward, 1 or 2-steps backward for quite some time.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
"UN Lebanon Force Could Start Deploying in 7-10 Days"
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/081206A.shtml

- But will Canada be able to participate, now that we have sullied our good name as peacekeepers?

I want to tell our PM Harper that this - UN Peacekeeping - is what Canadian forces SHOULD be doing, not changing into an attack squad that goes after Afghan Taliban.

But he won't listen. He has another agenda that does not include things like creating peace or reducing the divisions of mankind, but rather will use the tactics of domination and manipulation by force.

This particular peacekeeping mission could go a long way to reducing the tensions betrween Israelis and Arabs of that region. REVENGE killings for the mothers and sons of the dead on both sides is fuel for escalating the conflict, peacekeeping is a way around that, to let it cool down a bit.

This particular peacekeeping mission could be a real blockage for those seeking an Apocalypse [of biblical proportions, of course]. THis conflict could escalate into a regional war, then global war, and then Apocalypse if anyone starts to use their nukes.

Its a good time to try to stop it from escalating, but woe are thee who seek the Rapture!!

Karlin

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Kreskin said:
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=19492&Cr=leban&Cr1=

If I understand this right the 15k force to be deployed in Southern Lebanon is a Lebanese force working with some UN forces. Is that how everyone sees this? I'm not sure how it all fits.

A buddy of mine is a is a commander in Afghanistan. He was saying that an operation of this kind takes years to plan, especially with UN/Allied operations. That it's impossible to bring a bunch of countries together in a week and have a plan that is understood, actionable and accountable.

I'm glad there is a ceasefire plan in place. I think the process will be 2-steps forward, 1 or 2-steps backward for quite some time.

Ok. I'll admit it. I don't normally buy into conspiracy, but I'd believe the entire conflict was ochestrated from day one.

Frozen Canuck

Jul 22, 2006
Kreskin said:
it's impossible to bring a bunch of countries together in a week and have a plan that is understood, actionable and accountable.

Yep, that's why it won't be understood, actionable or accountable. :wink: This ceasefire plan won't last long. Hezbollah/Iran/Syria don't want peace, and Israel will respond with military force (again) if provoked.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
Frozen Canuck said:
Kreskin said:
it's impossible to bring a bunch of countries together in a week and have a plan that is understood, actionable and accountable.

Yep, that's why it won't be understood, actionable or accountable. :wink: This ceasefire plan won't last long. Hezbollah/Iran/Syria don't want peace, and Israel will respond with military force (again) if provoked.

Canuck, you are correct, these people over there do not want peace. All they understand is violence. An unfortunate situation in the name of religion.