Is America a terrorist?

U.S.A. has:

• Committed terrorist acts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never committed terrorist acts.

• Committed them but they are exempt from criticism because [Insert your answer here].

• Total voters

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Terrorists are global. In Canada we fight the Politically Correct Al Qaeda, tenacious zealots who ruin the careers, families and lives of those who disagree with them. Their bombs are every bit as lethal as those thrown by Muslim assassins. The US? Sure, it's a big player but it's the only one who will stay in the ring with the really bad guys.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
In light of all the so-called terrorist activities around the globe, let's examine the Empire.

Before we examine this Empire, can we clarify the approach?

Will it be philosophical? If so, you will be hard pressed to find good deeds.

Will it from a legal perspective? If so, a fraction might be terrorism.

Do we turn off morality, philosphy and look at things from the real world? If so, it's gonna be a long thread.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
Public records show that the US had tried unsuccessfully many assassination attempts on Castro...isn't this terrorism?

It instigated the failed Bay of Pigs on Cuba... isn't this terrorism?

It unleashed genocidal use of smallpox against Native Americans in 19th century...isn't this terrorism?

Admiral Nimitz and the Chiefs of Staff approved poison gas during the invasion of Iwo Jima in 1943...isn't this terrorism?

The US government underwent the most massive chemical war in Indochina, unleashing Agent Orange on Vietnamese peasants in the 1960s...isn't this terrorism?

US soldiers murdered countless peasants in what is now known as the Mail Lai Massacre (1970?)...isn't this terrorism?

The CIA spread anthrax over Zimbabwe from 1978 to 1980...isn't this terrorism?

Cuba suffered a chemical-biological warfare attack in 1981 at the hands of the US which resulted in mass dengue fever and the killing of half a million pigs...isn't this terrorism?

This is just a sample.

Also, there were interesting reports that if you calculated all the civilian deaths attributed to all the instances in countries where the U.S. played a role, the total of dead civilians was around 8 million (including Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

I am curious if those who answered "no" did so because the American elite is white. I can find no other reason behind this, since facts are facts.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
If you want to throw a broad net and peer into our collective past, we're all guilty. No state immune. No people.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
Public records show that the US had tried unsuccessfully many assassination attempts on Castro...isn't this terrorism?

It unleashed genocidal use of smallpox against Native Americans in 19th century...isn't this terrorism?

Admiral Nimitz and the Chiefs of Staff approved poison gas during the invasion of Iwo Jima in 1943...isn't this terrorism?

The US government underwent the most massive chemical war in Indochina, unleashing Agent Orange on Vietnamese peasants in the 1960s...isn't this terrorism?

US soldiers murdered countless peasants in what is now known as the Mail Lai Massacre (1970?)...isn't this terrorism?

Cuba suffered a chemical-biological warfare attack in 1981 at the hands of the US which resulted in mass dengue fever and the killing of half a million pigs...isn't this terrorism?

This is just a sample.

Also, there were interesting reports that if you calculated all the civilian deaths attributed to all the instances in countries where the U.S. played a role, the total of dead civilians was around 8 million (including Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

I am curious if those who answered "no" did so because the American elite is white. I can find no other reason behind this, since facts are facts.

Half a million pigs? :lol:

Peasants? Feeling a little superior are we?

Your arguement (attacking ideas, not people, don't want to get banned again...)is pathetic. You can hate the U.S. all you want but the fact remains that your arguements are insignificant, and will never change anything, and I take pleasure from watching your flailing, arm-waving hysterics. Don't worry, I'll never trouble your threads again, its not worth it. Anyone who can ignore all the good things the U.S. has done for the last 200+ years and can only manage to drudge up incidents that the appeasement crowd, self-hating americans and self-hating whites hold onto as if they were gospel, isn't worth reading or responding to. Good bye Aeon,...oops I mean Caleb.

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
Is America a terrorist? No.
You should go and have a timeout until you figure out what terrorism is.
I often shake my head when I see the US doing something I think is stupid. They do alot of stupid things.
The US is nationalistic, capitalistic, militaristic nation. A modern-day empire. A democratic superpower strutting across the globe, a sort of naieve good-intentioned boheomoth. I can't call the US a terrorist, despite it's many shortfalls, because it does not, on the whole, fit within the terrorist methodology.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
RE: Is America a terroris

Reagan's terrorism in Central America killed tens of thousands in those small countires. Proportionately, it was the equivalent of killing millions of North Americans. That is terrorist imperialism of the worse kind.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
thomaska said:
Caleb-Dain Matton said:

This is just a sample.

Half a million pigs? :lol:

Peasants? Feeling a little superior are we?

Your arguement (attacking ideas, not people, don't want to get banned again...)is pathetic. You can hate the U.S. all you want but the fact remains that your arguements are insignificant, and will never change anything, and I take pleasure from watching your flailing, arm-waving hysterics. Don't worry, I'll never trouble your threads again, its not worth it. Anyone who can ignore all the good things the U.S. has done for the last 200+ years and can only manage to drudge up incidents that the appeasement crowd, self-hating americans and self-hating whites hold onto as if they were gospel, isn't worth reading or responding to. Good bye Aeon,...oops I mean Caleb.

Thomaska, poisoning the well agian with his ad hominen attack (ignoring the question but attacking the poster). That's expected from someone who can't argue. But then again the CIA aiding the Muhajeen, Al Queda and Hezbollah should all be ignored, right?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
"terrorist" is far too specific...

SEC. 308. APPLICABILITY TO LAWFUL UNITED STATES INTELLIGENCE ACTIVITIES OF FEDERAL LAWS IMPLEMENTING INTERNATIONAL TREATIES AND AGREEMENTS.

(a) IN GENERAL- The National Security Act of 1947 (50 U.S.C. 401 et seq.) is amended by adding at the end the following new title:

`TITLE X--ADDITIONAL MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

`APPLICABILITY TO UNITED STATES INTELLIGENCE ACTIVITIES OF FEDERAL LAWS IMPLEMENTING INTERNATIONAL TREATIES AND AGREEMENTS

`SEC. 1001. (a) IN GENERAL- No Federal law enacted on or after the date of the enactment of the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2001 that implements a treaty or other international agreement shall be construed as making unlawful an otherwise lawful and authorized intelligence activity of the United States Government or its employees, or any other person to the extent such other person is carrying out such activity on behalf of, and at the direction of, the United States, unless such Federal law specifically addresses such intelligence activity.

`(b) AUTHORIZED INTELLIGENCE ACTIVITIES- An intelligence activity shall be treated as authorized for purposes of subsection (a) if the intelligence activity is authorized by an appropriate official of the United States Government, acting within the scope of the official duties of that official and in compliance with Federal law and any applicable Presidential directive.'.

(b) CLERICAL AMENDMENT- The table of contents for the National Security Act of 1947 is amended by inserting at the end the following new items:

`TITLE X--ADDITIONAL MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

`Sec. 1001. Applicability to United States intelligence activities of Federal laws implementing international treaties and agreements.'.

Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2001

I think its enough to say they just have a certain way about them.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
RE: Is America a terroris

Now the points where people are calling The USA terrorist from past history, they just dont stand, Differant Leaders Differant poeple differant way of life.

Today if you wantto argue that the USA are a Terrorist Nation, you can try but, there is also little to confirm this idea. The USA is Globaly taking action on Countries it feels are a threat to its secutity, usally countries that harbour terrorist. Now some of the, ill say less infromed people will say, oh well by them starting wars in Middle-eastern and Asain Countries, they have become terrorist. Not so, they have done this the Buracratic way, war has explostions and death and all of that stuff, as does terrorism, but it is they way it is carried out and the meaning behind it. A platoon of soldiers are trained to kill the enemy, sometimes a citiven will die, but thats how it is with war, and that needs to be excepted. Terrorism is based on kiling anything civilains usally specifily. The americans do not purposely blow up large buildings filled with thousands of run of the mill humans. The Americans dont Hijack airplanes and crash them. The Americans dont go into embassys and hold the diplomats hostage. Americans use Conventional warfare. Terrorist use any means nessasary.

The Americans could do horrible things at times, but they arent Terrorist in anyway.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Depending on certain standards applied by Amnesty international; yes,the USA is a terrorist nation. But, I wouldn't be surprised if we are not considered to be the same. And, NO, I personally do not agree with them.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
Re: RE: Is America a terroris

EastSideScotian said:
Now the points where people are calling The USA terrorist from past history, they just dont stand, Differant Leaders Differant poeple differant way of life.

Today if you wantto argue that the USA are a Terrorist Nation, you can try but, there is also little to confirm this idea. The USA is Globaly taking action on Countries it feels are a threat to its secutity, usally countries that harbour terrorist. Now some of the, ill say less infromed people will say, oh well by them starting wars in Middle-eastern and Asain Countries, they have become terrorist. Not so, they have done this the Buracratic way, war has explostions and death and all of that stuff, as does terrorism, but it is they way it is carried out and the meaning behind it. A platoon of soldiers are trained to kill the enemy, sometimes a citiven will die, but thats how it is with war, and that needs to be excepted. Terrorism is based on kiling anything civilains usally specifily. The americans do not purposely blow up large buildings filled with thousands of run of the mill humans. The Americans dont Hijack airplanes and crash them. The Americans dont go into embassys and hold the diplomats hostage. Americans use Conventional warfare. Terrorist use any means nessasary.

The Americans could do horrible things at times, but they arent Terrorist in anyway.

So you are sayingthat to be labelled a terrorist you have to be currently committing terrorist acts. That there is a timeframe when a country is absolved from the label "terrorist"? Kind of a grandfather clause that exempts you from terrorist status? But if the States were a Moslem country, they would always be considered terrorists?
Thanks for clearing this up!