Weapon manufacturing- is it near civilians in US?

dearmad

Aug 8, 2006
I'm just curious. I was thinking about how the US complains that tereoists hide behind civilians and how the hezbollah rockets are kept in "civilian" areas. This is why it is excusable the Israelis attack places where there are civilians... but...

While I know US military bases are located outside civilian areas... they don't make weapons there... where do weapons get made? Like tanks... ammunition, guns, rockets, etc...

I imagine they're in non-descript places within city limits in some areas...

It's not like the US builds massive munition factories in the boonies, they're private corporations, so...

Anyone know? I wonder if I'd have to be evacuating where I live because of some "Marine APC rocket manufacturing plant" nearby...

fuflans

Electoral Member
May 24, 2006
Aotearoa
I wouldn't worry about it unless you live in an industrial park - in which case you should probably think about moving anyway.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The following site is scary

Can anyone imagine 32000 nuclear weapons? That doesn't include what the Russians had or the British, or the French.

link

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
dearmad said:
I'm just curious. I was thinking about how the US complains that tereoists hide behind civilians and how the hezbollah rockets are kept in "civilian" areas. This is why it is excusable the Israelis attack places where there are civilians... but...

While I know US military bases are located outside civilian areas... they don't make weapons there... where do weapons get made? Like tanks... ammunition, guns, rockets, etc...

I imagine they're in non-descript places within city limits in some areas...

It's not like the US builds massive munition factories in the boonies, they're private corporations, so...

Anyone know? I wonder if I'd have to be evacuating where I live because of some "Marine APC rocket manufacturing plant" nearby...

We build weapons and ammunition everywhere. Some right in the middle of cities, and its not super secret. Everyone knows they are there.

Bases not in civilian areas? Have you ever been to southern California or for that matter, either coast of the U.S.?

Camp Pendleton-middle of Oceanside/San Diego area...
Camp Lejeune- smack-dab in the middle of Jacksonville N.C.
Fort Bragg-Fayetteville, NC

And there are a lot more than this...

The things terrorists would like to destroy or steal or otherwise tamper with, are out in the boonies, or in submarines.