Zero Tolerance - In Schools and The Middle East.

VoteForGraeme

Aug 3, 2006
Graeme:
IN SCHOOLS:

This whole situation in the Middle East, and the stance the left is taking on it, reminded me of my school yard days. When I was a little guy, I was a victim to a fair amount of bullying. I don't really know why but for some reason a couple kids really had it out for me. We never really got in a fight the bullies had never gone further than the odd punch. Mostly they just terrorized, and harassed me on a regular basis, calling me a plethora or names or hurting me in some relatively minor manor. I was told not to hit because that was wrong and against the school Zero Tolerance policy.

At my school there was a Zero Tolerance policy which really meant Zero Tolerance for fighting, you see if a student was actually caught fighting then he would be suspended. The problem is that anything less than this, the staff really didn't care. I had told the teachers on numerous occasions that other kids were bullying me, and their response was... "Well play nice."

Obviously this did not solve the problem, my mother had told me many times to listen to my teachers, but on one evening when I was telling my mother and father about the bullying events in school they told me: "well if your teachers aren't going to do anything, then you will have to stick up for yourself, and do it right, the next time they hurt you or hit you, fight back as hard as you can, when a teacher or the principal brings you to the office you tell them to call me.

It was probably within two days that I was again threatened and pushed to the ground, I first ran to a vice principal and told him what had happened, he said well go back out and play nice, just stay away from those kids. I walked outside, and one of the bullies came running at me, except this time instead of running I took a swing and hit the guy square in the nose. In fact I found out the next week I broke his nose. I went back to the VP and said to him "You're a F'ing Horrible principal - I told you they were attacking me, and you wouldn't do anything, and now I had to punch him. You are F'ing a-hole - Now I want to go down to the office and call my mom. "

OBVIOULSY the VP was a little shell shocked at having a kid in grade 4 call him such things, and he actually tried to convince me NOT to call my mother. I called her, explained quickly what had happened and gave the phone to him.

I was never suspended...

The bully never came near me again. (Although 2 others did and I dealt with them the same way, until I was no longer bullied) By now the principal knew the whole situation and still never really did anything about them. Every time I beat up a bully I would go or be brought down to the office and have them call my mother, I was never the instigator, and I was never suspended.

Both the Principal and the Vice Principal was reprimanded and fired that summer. (My mother talked to the school board and started legal action (which was dropped once they principals were fired))

Throughout the rest of my schooling including high-school, I never put up with bullying again, when I was attacked I defended myself, There was no one else who was going to do it for me.

Sure there was a Zero Tolerance for fighting "Policy", but there was no enforcement of the peace. If I had never stuck up for myself. I would have been beaten to a pulp; I would have lived a rather miserable 10 years in school.

Because what I was doing was only in defense, I was NEVER suspended not even after fighting in high school. By then myself and my parents knew my real rights, and being forced to take a beating when the people in "position" won't protect you is not wrong.

MIDDLE EAST:

Israel is not doing anything different. They have been terrorized, and no one in a position to do anything about it has. The international community has sat on there hands, the U.N. (or at least kofi who has no real power) calls for an immediate cease fire. But offers nothing in assurance that the Israeli people won't be terrorized. Lebanon has not even made the slightest attempt to disarm Hezbollah, in fact they are now acting as the messenger for Hezbollah (and yet they don't help Israel with surgical strikes)

The lefts "Zero Tolerance" for fighting is ridiculous, and simply doesn't make any sense and won't work. Bullies will be bullies, terrorists will be terrorists. If you don’t' fight back against them, they will continue to terrorize.

It is simply unethical for Israel to do nothing and to allow its people to be terrorized because foreign government won't control their people.

It is unethical for the international community to tell Israel it must stop fighting and make peace, because the other side will never listen, they are a terrorist organization, their whole purpose for being is to destroy Israel.

As I and my mother took down the principals of the school, who harbored such bullying it wouldn't even be wrong for Israel to take control of Lebanon and to take down Iran and Syria.

Who is really the more guilty party? Hezbollah who with a childish mentality believe Israel should be destroyed because "they don't like them" or Lebanon/Syria/Iran. Who could - if they had the will - control and take down these terrorist forces?

I say they are all equally to blame.

And shame on you the Left who just don't want to see fighting. Because through your will of inaction we would have more genocide against a race which has already seen far too much of its own blood spilled.

Article on http://www.ourtake.net/

para-dice

Nominee Member
Aug 3, 2006
BC
Who has taken Lebanese lands?
Who is taking Pal lands?
who is able to do so cause they have a super-power who has sent them $100 Billion in arms over the last 50 years?

VoteForGraeme, I too was once a strong supporter of Israel, and just saw the Arabs as being racist filth. I now know better. After watching this video you will too.

Learn more about M-E bullying:
Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7828123714384920696