Brother Infidel Castro?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/07/31/castro-cuba.html

Cuban leader Fidel Castro said Monday he is undergoing surgery and will temporarily transfer his presidential powers to his brother.

Cuban President Fidel Castro addresses a crowd of Latin American students gathered in Pedernales,in Holguin province, Cuba, for the anniversary of the attack on the Moncada barracks Wednesday, July 26, 2006. The attack, in 1953, is said to be the beginning of the Cuban Revolution. (Javier Galeano/Associated Press) Castro said in a letter read live on television by his secretary that he has suffered gastrointestinal bleeding, brought on by stress from recent public appearances in Argentina and Cuba.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
All local channels interrupted normal tv at about 9:20pm or so with a 'breaking news' update to announce this. They kept yammering on for at least 25-30 minutes more, covering the history of Cuba and how Castro is such a bad man.

After destroying one of my wife's favourite shows - Hell's Kitchen, all local news shows of course kicked off with this as the lead story as they rehased everything that was said in the 'breaking news' updates.

Sometimes I just hate living in south Florida. The pandering to the Cuban community that goes on here is enough to make you sick.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I saw a clip from Miami last night. And the street celebrations. Cuban flags were everywhere. How long has Florida been a Cuban colony?

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Re: RE: Brother Infidel Castro?

tamarin said:
I saw a clip from Miami last night. And the street celebrations. Cuban flags were everywhere. How long has Florida been a Cuban colony?

Miami has been a Cuban colony for quite a few years now. Just a couple of weeks ago the Miami-Dade school board banned a book on Cuba in elementary schools about Cuban kids because it was 'full of lies' and didn't 'tell the true story of Cuba.' Glad to see these assholes don't inject their politics in to dealings with children :roll:

The ACLU sued and a judge had to step in to stop the stupidness. I lived in Louisville, KY during the Elian episode and I didn't meet anyone who didn't say send the kid back with his father. The views on Miami ranged from bomb it, to sink it, to cut it off and tow it back to Cuba.

After living here for six years, I understand these sentiments and agree with them often.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
That bastard is a drone, he'll never die...they're just adding age spot, a few more grey hairs and a wrinkle or two.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
"If he does I'll cancel my paper for a week and not bother to turn on any local channels as that will be the only thing in the news."

I know what you mean. Too many news channels without enough news to fill them so the canned 'fluff' is played ad nauseum. Last week I was a watching CNN and they already pulled out the first story about a Lebanese baby being adopted.

Mirrormet

Jul 27, 2006
Winnipeg
athabaska said:
Last week I was a watching CNN and they already pulled out the first story about a Lebanese baby being adopted.

Don't you know CNN is really all about Anderson Cooper? The war?.. pssht, thats just his background set.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
I think not said:
With a little luck he might croak on the operating table.

I've researched Castro and Cuba extensively. I have read about 40 books on his life before and after thye revolution. I have wrote two university essays on him. I will challenge ANYONE to a debate on Cuba/Castro and how they are victims of U.S. - inspired propaganda. We will debate, one on one on MSN and then post the transcript here. I guarentee I will do circles around you.

Let me know who is interested.

People cut down Castro and they don't even know why > Losers.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
I think not said:
With a little luck he might croak on the operating table.

I've researched Castro and Cuba extensively. I have read about 40 books on his life before and after thye revolution. I have wrote two university essays on him. I will challenge ANYONE to a debate on Cuba/Castro and how they are victims of U.S. - inspired propaganda. We will debate, one on one on MSN and then post the transcript here. I guarentee I will do circles around you.

Let me know who is interested.

People cut down Castro and they don't even know why > Losers.

Ok I'll bite. You can start a thread about the benevolent Castro.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
Should we start with Operation Miracle (the established medical care program in Cuba that is currently restoring eyesight and curing various eye deficiencies to millions of Latin Americans), or shall we start with the fact that Cuba has more doctors internationally abroad serving those in need of medical attention or healthcare than any other country? You pick one and we'll discuss it.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
First of all I would suggest you start a new thread.

And second, why not start from the beginning? You know, when Castro made sure a single "enemy" wasn't left alive before he became Cuba's leader.

Or you can start with Batista and his oppressive regime.

We can work on the good stuff Castro has done as we go along.

VoteForGraeme

Aug 3, 2006
Caleb-Dain Matton

I can't believe I am saying this, but I somewhat agree with you, a lot of people hate Castro but they don't know why.

While Castro and Cuba does have his and its problems, I have been there a few times (and I am going again in December). I love Cuba.

A lot of Cubans like Castro as well; he did liberate them from American rule, when America was reaping all the wealth out of Cuba. At that time sugar cane was like oil. And Americans owned all of it.

Castro kicked the Americans out and his plan was to start a type of co-op communism. His ideals really were noble in the start, it wasn't until soviets came along and had their own ideas of how Cuba should be run that things went downhill. Instead of dividing up the land for all the people, he ended up taking it from rich Americans and giving it to the more powerful Cubans.

Also Castro became very head strong and believed that he was doing the right and was the only one who would, that is why he started imprisoning anyone in a political movement against him...

Castro has organized an EXCELLENT education system, and the state provides the basic needs for everyone. Cubans in general are a great people, VERY VERY friendly. While they don't agree 100% with what Castro is doing and a lot of that has to do with secrecy in the government, they generally do accept him as their leader, even in private.

Some free enterprise is starting to be sanctioned in Cuba including farming co-ops in which the government rents the land for free so long as it is used to produce food. Cuba actually has some of the best growing practices in the world each joule of energy used to make food produces 12 joules of food energy, (in western civilizations that is reversed)

Cubans are starting to see the way free enterprise can help there society and are pushing a little for change. Currently a co-op farmer can make twice as much as a doctor.

Really, Cuba isn't as bad as America makes it seem.

Sure 20 years ago they were a lot closer to the soviets, and allowed military and weapons to be stored there pointed at America, but all of that has changed now.

Still the U.S. feels so insecure about the possibility of attack launched from Cuba, that they keep the propaganda flowing.

I can't say I blame them, just don't believe everything the U.S. says about Cuba. It is a wonderful place to visit.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
I think not said:
First of all I would suggest you start a new thread.

And second, why not start from the beginning? You know, when Castro made sure a single "enemy" wasn't left alive before he became Cuba's leader.

Or you can start with Batista and his oppressive regime.

We can work on the good stuff Castro has done as we go along.

That's fine, but provide your sources. Blogs and Fox News don't count. Start with providing one for your statement that Castro made sure a single enemy wasn't left alive. Then becasue you asked me about benevolent Castro share your comments on Operation Miracle and the fact that Cuba has more doctors abraod than any other country, or do you like to digress and spin your way out of the discussion.

Stick to the topic. You wanted to start on benevolent Castro, so I gave two examples. Refute it.

Toro

Senate Member
RE: Brother Infidel Castr

Strategic Forecasting had an article about the periodic purging of Castro's enemies, particularly about how Raul Castro is the one who generally carries out the purges, and how Cuba would become more oppressive if Fidel died.

I'd post it, but its a paid copyright site and I don't think Andem wants paid, copyright material here.