Talk about N Korea

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
What effect will N Korea missile tests have?
The US has dismissed demands from North Korea to have sanctions against it lifted as a precondition for returning to talks on its nuclear programme.

US envoy Christopher Hill, who is on a tour of the region, accused the North of trying to divert attention from its "reckless" missile tests. Hill said he supported a Chinese plan for informal six-party discussions to try to re-engage the North Koreans.

Meanwhile, America has deployed one of its most powerful guided missile destroyers to Japan amidst rising tensions in the region.

Is the US right to dismiss conditional calls from North Korea to join nuclear talks? How should the international community respond to missile tests by North Korea?

BBC

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
yeah...would you give Kim-Jong-Il or whever nukes?...hasnt he already stated that his country is still at war with the UN and the US?

He's a crazyman, crazier any day than the taliban or Saddam

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Talk about N Korea

dekhqonbacha said:
At this moment there is a tention, but later on the tention will be realeased, sanction will be lifted and the world will have one more country on the list of Nuclear arsenal.

South Korea later on may want to have it.

Why not? everyone should have it now.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't think its worth it to start talks again with North Korea. I mean, how long have we been talking with them?

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un

aeon said:
dekhqonbacha said:
At this moment there is a tention, but later on the tention will be realeased, sanction will be lifted and the world will have one more country on the list of Nuclear arsenal.

South Korea later on may want to have it.

Good idea. I was also thinking why shouldn't I have one. You know just in case. I would keep it in my basement or trunk of my car.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I just looked. The six-party talks have been taking place since 2003. After 5 rounds, no agreement has been made. If they haven't made progress after over 3 years of talks, it seems as though no progress will ever be made. If North Korea fires another missile, I think military intervention might be appropriate.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

dekhqonbacha said:

Good idea. I was also thinking why shouldn't I have one. You know just in case. I would keep it in my basement or trunk of my car.[/quote]

I am all for that, as long it keeps me safe from an foreign invasion, apperently it works.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
\

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
What would be the point of "agreeing" on anything with America????

See Free Trade

Who appointed the Yanks as world police with authority to tell nations who may or may not have nuclear weapons?

As soon as the U.S. destroys its nuclear arsenel then it might gain greater legitimacy than that of the only world power to have exterminated hundreds of thousands with nuclear weapons!

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
What would be the point of "agreeing" on anything with America????

See Free Trade

Who appointed the Yanks as world police with authority to tell nations who may or may not have nuclear weapons?

As soon as the U.S. destroys its nuclear arsenel then it might gain greater legitimacy than that of the only world power to have exterminated hundreds of thousands with nuclear weapons!

Two nukes...Mikey, and a situation that justified their use. Would it have been more humane to firebomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki, create firestorms and kill even more people, like what happened to Dresden? More humane to just invade the Japanese mainland and kill millions? Were the nukes less humane than what the Japanese did to the Chinese in and around Nanking?

I wouldnt hold my breath over us destroying our arsenal if I were you, and beside why would we desire "legitamacy" with an ass like Kim Jong-Il?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Obviously you're not aware of the firestorm that engulfed Tokyo and four other cities in Japan prior to the U.S. dropping the nuke....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
So are you suggesting that Americans didn't firebomb Tokyo etc.....

What history book are you using???

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Published on Sunday, March 10, 2002 by the Associated Press
Targeting Civilians
Museum Recalls Tokyo Firebombing
A survivor of the U.S. attack, which killed 100,000, started the project to educate younger people.

by Mari Yamaguchi

TOKYO - When hundreds of American B-29 bombers sent waves of fire racing through Tokyo 57 years ago today, Katsumoto Saotome ran for his life, stumbling over burned corpses. All around him people were on fire, some of them his neighbors.
Now 69, Saotome recalled his narrow escape at the opening of a museum dedicated to the firestorm on March 10, 1945, which killed more than 100,000 civilians and razed nearly half of Tokyo in the final months of World War II.

Aftermath of US Firebombing of Tokyo

"Many of us who survived the brutality of war are getting old," said Saotome, the curator. "We have a responsibility to tell the younger generation firsthand stories of our experience, and we need to get started while we are still healthy and able."

The War Damage Archive Center houses photographs, drawings, and personal effects contributed by survivors. The displays - including a teacup melted into a shapeless lump - testify to the fury of the flames that consumed what was then a city of mostly wooden buildings.

Saotome, a novelist, began planning the museum two years ago to document the raid for history and promote peace. He raised $828,000 million from survivors and other private donors.

Though later overshadowed by the mushroom clouds over Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the firebombing of Tokyo wrought devastation comparable to that caused by the two atomic attacks, Saotome said. Historians estimate that 140,000 people were killed in Hiroshima and 70,000 in Nagasaki.

Among the survivors who gathered to remember yesterday was an American B-29 navigator who was in a prison camp near Tokyo's Imperial Palace when the bombs began to rain down.

Ray "Hap" Halloran had been captured several weeks earlier after his bomber was shot down over Tokyo. He parachuted out and was unhurt.

The 80-year-old retired business executive from San Francisco said he attended the museum opening to convey a message of reconciliation to the Japanese.

Soon after the B-29s flew over the city, he recalled, the sky turned red and he could hear the screams of people outside on the street.

"I prayed for myself, and I also prayed for them, too," he said.

Copyright 2002 Associated Press

###

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
No one not even the Russians or Pol Pot, Not the Japanese Imperial court or any other group can hold a candle to the devastation the good ole USA has inflicted on the world's innocent people.The USA has set the benchmark in killing innocents and always has. Stalin Hitler and Mussolini were pikers compared to Curtis Lemay and several other American figures.

Would you like me to review more American history for you ITN?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

MikeyDB said:
No one not even the Russians or Pol Pot, Not the Japanese Imperial court or any other group can hold a candle to the devastation the good ole USA has inflicted on the world's innocent people.The USA has set the benchmark in killing innocents and always has. Stalin Hitler and Mussolini were pikers compared to Curtis Lemay and several other American figures.

Would you like me to review more American history for you ITN?

SPARE ME!

Do you have ANY idea what you are saying?

No, you can't.

Mao Tse-Tung's lovely regime in China may have killed as many as 70 MILLION people.

Stalin purposely starved to death 8 to 10 million in the Ukraine alone.

Pol Pot murdered 25% of the country of Cambodia......some 3 million people.

This sort of stupid comment is like shooting yourself in the foot......when you go off on some rant so unrealistic, so tinged with unreasoning hatred, you soil the very ground you stand on and discredit those who nominally agree with you.

Thank you.

Carry on.