2 British men arrested last week because they were Muslim

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
LONDON (AFP) - Two London brothers released without charge after being arrested in a massive anti-terrorist raid in which one of them was shot has said their only crime was being Muslim.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mohammed Abdul Kahar, 23, who is recovering from a bullet wound to the chest, and 20-year-old Abul Koyair demanded an apology from police who ordered and carried out the dawn swoop on their east London home on June 2.

Speaking publically for the first time about their ordeal, Kahar told reporters Tuesday: "The only crime I have done in their eyes is being Asian and with a long length of beard."

London's Metropolitan Police and its chief Ian Blair have come under fire for mounting such a large-scale but ultimately fruitless raid.

Officers spent a week scouring the brothers' house in Forest Gate, reportedly looking for some kind of chemical weapon, but found nothing to support their suspicions.

Describing the raid at a press conference with his brother, Kahar said he was woken by his younger brother's screams and got out of bed to investigate the intrusion.

"I assumed a robbery was happening," he said, recalling how he edged down the stairs before suddenly seeing a spark and hearing a big bang.

"I fell on the wall. I was on the floor, I looked at my chest and I saw bleeding coming down my chest and I saw the hole in my chest. At that moment I knew I was shot."

The elder brother said that as he lay on the stairs, bleeding and fearing for his family, he was kicked in the face by a police officer and told to "shut the fuck up".

He said he was then grabbed and dragged down the stairs and thrown on the pavement outside.

It was only then he realised the men raiding his house were police.

Kahar's shooting, which now is under investigation, has stirred memories of the police killing of a Brazilian man who was wrongly identified as a suicide bomber on the London subway last July.

Asked about the future of Blair, the Metropolitan Police commissioner, the brothers stopped short of calling for him to resign.

Koyair said: "Whoever is responsible should be put to justice, whoever gave the order for this to happen."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2006061...eLy3f.OnwNvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-

I guess people forget about the Brazilian man that was shot and killed and how they tried to bribe the family to shut them up. I guess it's okay to shoot them even if they are innocent if they don't look white.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: 2 British men arrested last week because they were Musli

And Tony Blair, glad the little weasal is going;

LONDON - A 23-year-old man shot by police during an anti-terrorist raid said Tuesday he thought he was being attacked by robbers until he was dumped on the sidewalk outside his London home and saw a police van.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mohammed Abdul Kahar and his brother, 20-year-old Abul Koyair — both British-born Muslims of Bengali origin — were interrogated for a week before being released without charge.

Kahar said he was hit by a shot in the chest as he and his brother came downstairs to investigate noises before dawn on June 2.

"As I took the first step down the stairs ... I saw an orange spark and a big bang," Kahar said at a news conference at an east London Anglican church.

"I was begging the police, 'Please, I can't breathe.' And he just kicked me in my face," and kept saying to shut up, using an expletive, Kahar said.

He said he only realized it was a raid after being carried outside and seeing the police vehicle.

Police have said they were obliged to act on information from a source that indicated some kind of chemical attack was being prepared.

Kahar said he had no idea why his home was targeted.

"I knew they made a mistake from the time they entered my house. We're a law-abiding family," he said. "I was born and bred in east London. I love this town."

Asked whether he would be seeking compensation, Kahar said that was "the least of the worries we're thinking about."

"First off, we need justice. We need some form of apology to our family," he said.

Humeya Kalam, a sister of the two men, told British Broadcasting Corp. radio Tuesday that police burst into the home at about 4 a.m. without identifying themselves.

"The police didn't identify themselves until I left the house. I was dragged down the stairs into the police van. When I saw the police van, obviously I realized these were police," she said.

"I thought they were armed burglars and I was going to die."

She said she was part of "a normal, average family" and did not know why they were targeted.

Prime Minister Tony Blair said Monday he believed police had acted properly.

"There is no doubt at all if they received information that there was a possible terrorist attack and did not act on that information and such an attack then took place, you can just imagine the outcry — the justifiable outcry — there would be," Blair said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060613...RyEOCJOkUVvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
RE: 2 British men arrested last week because they were Musli

This is strange, peoples who has absolutly no attach to any terrorist organisations in the world, just because they fit a description that fits , they are being terrorize withouth any single proof.

When in fact,bin ladens and saudi royals family who some are suspected to still funds terrorist organisations around the world, doesnt even get near that kind of threathment, not even close to it.

saadia

Jun 12, 2006

Good for the British for staying vigilant. Exactly how do you determine which muslim is not going to blow you up? If he or she is in any way acting suspicious, chances are they up to something.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

I guess it's okay to shoot them even if they are innocent if they don't look white.
I guess it's okay to shoot innocent people if they are suspected of being terrorists that are about to get on a train packed with hundreds of innocent civilians. If they didn't shoot him and let him get on the train, what would have happened if he was a terrorist?

Shoot first, ask questions later.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005

Arrested for being Muslim? There's no other variables? Then the real story is hundreds of thousands of British NOT arrested for being Muslim.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: 2 British men arrested last week because they were M

athabaska said:
Arrested for being Muslim? There's no other variables? Then the real story is hundreds of thousands of British NOT arrested for being Muslim.

Bingo!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Arrested for being Muslim?
They were arrested for being suspected terrorists, NOT because they were Muslims.

If the police receive intelligence that people at a particular address may be gathering materials for making a bomb, then what are the police supposed to do? Are the supposed to say: "Oh, we can't do anything because they are Muslims, so we'll wait to see if they kill people first?"

If they are terrorists suspects, they need to be arrested, regardless of religion.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Blackleaf said:
I guess it's okay to shoot them even if they are innocent if they don't look white.
I guess it's okay to shoot innocent people if they are suspected of being terrorists that are about to get on a train packed with hundreds of innocent civilians. If they didn't shoot him and let him get on the train, what would have happened if he was a terrorist?

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Here we go again, with parano-chicken-bastard-coward-blackleaf, where is the proof they terrorist??

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006

Blackleaf said:
Arrested for being Muslim?
They were arrested for being suspected terrorists, NOT because they were Muslims.

If the police receive intelligence that people at a particular address may be gathering materials for making a bomb, then what are the police supposed to do? Are the supposed to say: "Oh, we can't do anything because they are Muslims, so we'll wait to see if they kill people first?"

If they are terrorists suspects, they need to be arrested, regardless of religion.

Exactly. Some people are just to dumb to realize that.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

Your the dumbass. No evidence at all was found that these people did anything wrong and like the innocent Brazilian, maybe I should put INNOCENT BRAZILIAN in caps for the dummer ones, another person almost lost his life.

English Guy

Jun 14, 2006

In the current world suspicion is paramount. That these gentleman were innocent is beyond doubt, but had your son deen blown up would you feel the same?

I was on one of the "tubes" that blew up on 7/7. Do I feel hostile to all Mulsims ...... no. Do I feel suspicious of muslims .......... yes. Do I hte Isam .......no; it is as valid a religious belief as mine.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

English Guy said:
In the current world suspicion is paramount. That these gentleman were innocent is beyond doubt, but had your son deen blown up would you feel the same?

I was on one of the "tubes" that blew up on 7/7. Do I feel hostile to all Mulsims ...... no. Do I feel suspicious of muslims .......... yes. Do I hte Isam .......no; it is as valid a religious belief as mine.

Ok, but up to this day, there is no evidence that alquada or any other arab-terrorist organisation did 7/7, in fact what we know the one who was in charge of 7/7 was a M16 assets, these days, he is free in africa, working again for the M16,will all the respect of your son, what you should do, is dig for those who really did 7/7.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Jersay said:
Your the dumbass. No evidence at all was found that these people did anything wrong and like the innocent Brazilian, maybe I should put INNOCENT BRAZILIAN in caps for the dummer ones, another person almost lost his life.

The police received intelligence that these guys may have been planning a terrorist attack. In the interests of public safety, the police have to react.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Raid brothers' £38k stash

By MIKE SULLIVAN
Crime Editor

Cops found £38,000, most of which was in £50 notes.

ANTI-TERROR cops were last night trying to find out why the two brothers arrested over a suspected poison bomb plot had a £38,000 stash in their house.

The fortune — in CASH — was allegedly found in a bedroom after the pair were arrested in a swoop on their modest terraced home.

Police quizzed Mohammed Abdul Kahar, 23, and his brother Abul Koyair, 20, about the money during the week they spent in custody.

But neither would tell them where it came from. Last night a security source said: “It was a hell of a lot to have knocking around. The cash was in a bedroom, much of it in £50 notes.

“Urgent inquiries are being carried out to trace the source of the money and what it was intended for.”

Police were desperate to learn how Kahar, a postal worker, and Tesco shelf-stacker Koyair could have had such a vast sum in their house.

The pair denied being involved in terrorism after they were released without charge from London’s top-security Paddington Green nick.

They also slammed police as they held a press conference accusing officers of brutality. Kahar, who was shot in the chest as gun cops stormed the house in Forest Gate, East London, insisted: “They tried to murder me.”

Koyair — with his brother whose arm is in a sling — added that whoever ordered the raid should be “put to justice”.

But neither they nor their lawyers made any mention of the £38,000.

The brothers were arrested after an MI5 informant said he had seen a cyanide device which was believed to have been stored at their home.

No such bomb was found — but the security services are still taking the information seriously. Experts are examining a computer found in the house.

The Met’s assistant commissioner Andy Hayman defended the raid, insisting: “The intelligence received did raise serious concerns for public safety.

“On that basis we had no choice but to mount a robust operation, which required a fast armed response.”

Another factor in deploying armed officers was that the address had a previous link with firearms.

The elder brother of Kahar and Koyair was arrested for three armed robberies in 2002 and later jailed for six years. Mohammed Abdullah Hasnath used a black pistol during the East London raids.

He was living at the Forest Gate house at the time of his arrest. The gun was never recovered. Kahar is also believed to have nine convictions for offences committed while he was a juvenile between 1996 and 1999.

He was given a two-year sentence in a young offenders’ institution for false imprisonment and also has convictions for robbery, burglary, possession of an offensive weapon and theft. Koyair does not have a criminal record.

thesun.co.uk

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Blackleaf said:
Jersay said:

The police received intelligence that these guys may have been planning a terrorist attack. In the interests of public safety, the police have to react.

Bullstrawberry crap, just like anything you post in here, and just like you are.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton

While I don't outright condone the actions taken by the police, we do live in different times than we used to. It's no secret that a lot of anti-western extremist reside in Great Britain, and personally I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the British police having to deal with that. In my experience dealing with Muslims, i've come to realize you cannot trust them as a rule. They're from, or raised from, a different society than we are and truth and honor means little to them. This is not me racial-profiling anyone, i'm speaking due to my life experiences.

This issue in Britain, doesn't seem right to me. The Police just don't kick in the door of a house, shoot people, and arrest them for NO reason. Only to release them a week later. At the time of the raid, I have no doubt the Police had reasonal probable grounds (otherwise known as RPG) to raid the house. Blackleaf has also pointed out that a sum of 38,000 GBP (around 70,000 USD or 78,000 CAD), was found in the house, yet neither of the brothers will say where it came from. If it was legit, why would they avoid the question? No, they were arrested for a reason, yet the Brits lacked the evidence to hold them. That doesn't mean they were innocent, and arrested only due to their racial status.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

How about if your son had been shot by police because of a "suspicion?

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Mogz said:
While I don't outright condone the actions taken by the police, we do live in different times than we used to. It's no secret that a lot of anti-western extremist reside in Great Britain, and personally I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the British police having to deal with that. In my experience dealing with Muslims, i've come to realize you cannot trust them as a rule. They're from, or raised from, a different society than we are and truth and honor means little to them. This is not me racial-profiling anyone, i'm speaking due to my life experiences.

This issue in Britain, doesn't seem right to me. The Police just don't kick in the door of a house, shoot people, and arrest them for NO reason. Only to release them a week later. At the time of the raid, I have no doubt the Police had reasonal probable grounds (otherwise known as RPG) to raid the house. Blackleaf has also pointed out that a sum of 38,000 GBP (around 70,000 USD or 78,000 CAD), was found in the house, yet neither of the brothers will say where it came from. If it was legit, why would they avoid the question? No, they were arrested for a reason, yet the Brits lacked the evidence to hold them. That doesn't mean they were innocent, and arrested only due to their racial status.

That doesnt matter everything you say, cause no proof can support 9-11 was done by muslim, and same for 7/7, and especially there is no proof at all, this was justified, quite the opposite actually.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

I disagree with what you said about Muslims Mogz. It might not be racial profiling to you, but I have met Muslims who are totally different then what you have stated.

However, the police have a right to raid a home on good strong evidence. This was faulty evidence and it resulted in a young man almost getting shot and dying.

I hope the truth can be told in an inquiry about what exactly happened.