NO ICE FOR IRAQ

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Imagine if Americans were killing ice vendors !!

You will die if:

1. A Sunni finds out if you have a Shia name
2. A Shi-ite finds out if you have a Sunni name
3. if you wear a goatee, because that's Jewish
4. if you sell ice, because no ice was sold in Muhammad's time

Pack up or die, street vendors told

By Aqeel Hussein in Baghdad and Colin Freeman
(Filed: 04/06/2006)

As the purveyors of nothing spicier than the odd dash of hot chilli sauce, Baghdad’s falafel vendors had never imagined their snacks might be deemed a threat to public morality.

Now, though, their simple offerings of chickpeas fried in breadcrumbs have gone the same way as alcohol, pop music and foreign films - labelled theologically impure by the country’s growing number of Islamic zealots.

In a bizarre example of Iraq’s creeping "Talibanisation", militants visited falafel vendors a fortnight ago, telling them to pack up their stalls by today or be killed.

The ultimatum seemed so odd that, at first, most laughed it off - until two of them were shot dead as they plied their trade.

"They came telling us, ‘You have 14 days to end this job’ and I asked them what was the problem," said Abu Zeinab, 32, who was packing up his stall for good yesterday in the suburb of al Dora, a hardline Sunni neighbourhood.

"I said I was just feeding the people, but they said there were no falafels in Mohammed the prophet’s time, so we shouldn’t have them either.

"I felt like telling them there were no Kalashnikovs in Mohammed’s time either, but I wanted to keep my life."

Why Baghdad’s falafel vendors should be blacklisted while their colleagues are allowed to continue selling kebabs or Western-style pizzas and burgers remains a mystery.

Iraq factfile

Some suspect it is because a taste for falafels is one of the few things that unites Jewish and Arab communities in Israel.

It is, however, just one of many Islamic edicts to hit Baghdad in recent weeks, prohibiting everything from the growing of goatee beards to the sale of mayonnaise - because it is allegedly made in Israel.

Even the Arab addiction to cigarettes is being challenged, with insurgents declaring smoking bans in at least one Sunni district.

News of the latest strictures surfaced 10 days ago, when the coach of Iraq’s tennis team and two players were shot dead for wearing shorts.

The killings, in Sunni-dominated west Baghdad, took place days after militants had distributed leaflets banning the wearing of shorts or T-shirts with English writing on them. They also forbade women to drive or travel on public transport with men - a rule that bus drivers have begun to enforce.

Another group of traders to have felt the Islamists’ unexpected wrath is Baghdad’s ice merchants, who sell large chunks of ice for storing food and chilling drinks. In a city facing constant power cuts and summer temperatures of up to 50C (122F), the service they provide is little short of essential.

Yet in recent weeks, they too have fallen foul of the claim that their product was not a feature of life during Mohammed’s time.

Akram al Zidawi, 19, an ice seller from al Dora, thought the threats were too ludicrous to be true - until it was too late. "Two weeks ago he came back home saying that he had been threatened by the terrorists," said his brother Gassan, 32.

"My mother begged him to quit the job, but he laughed, he thought it was impossible they would kill him. But they came back two days later and shot him dead, along with three other ice sellers nearby."

Meanwhile, barbers have been inundated with young men anxious to shave off their goatee beards. Last month, Mustapha Jawad, 17, was allegedly killed for wearing one, which Islamists deemed a Jewish facial hairstyle.

"After Mustapha’s death I received 20 to 30 young men every day, all wanting me to shave off their goatee," said a barber, Sinan al Rubai. "Maybe one day the mujahedeen will insist on shaving all the head - then I will be rich."

And from the photo above, it looks like they aren’t kidding.

Still, as our one party establishment constantly reminds us, we just need to be more understanding of the Religion of Peace.

iraq islam religion of peace terrorists

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
An American is walking in the street of Dublin. A man points a gun from his back, and ask if he is Catholic.

He thinks, if I say, I'm Catholic he may turn out to be Protestant, or if I say, I'm Protestant he may turn out to be Catholic. He is in trouble.

After several second he say, "I'm Jew."

The man with gun laughs and says: "I must be the most luckiest Palestinian in Ireland."

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
jimmoyer said:
Imagine if Americans were killing ice vendors !!

You will die if:

1. A Sunni finds out if you have a Shia name
2. A Shi-ite finds out if you have a Sunni name
3. if you wear a goatee, because that's Jewish
4. if you sell ice, because no ice was sold in Muhammad's time

Pack up or die, street vendors told

By Aqeel Hussein in Baghdad and Colin Freeman
(Filed: 04/06/2006)

As the purveyors of nothing spicier than the odd dash of hot chilli sauce, Baghdad’s falafel vendors had never imagined their snacks might be deemed a threat to public morality.

Yep, i remember not to long ago,french(irrelevent and old europe they were called) politiciens were warning us officials about resistance and chaos there will be in iraq, if a war would be engage, and some retards decided to undermined them, instead of listening to them.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Yep, i remember not to long ago,french(irrelevent and old europe they were called) politiciens were warning us officials about resistance and chaos there will be in iraq, if a war would be engage, and some retards decided to undermined them, instead of listening to them.
------------------------------aeon-----------------------

I think we all remember those fateful and correct
warnings.

George Bush I made a promise to Europe and
Saudi Arabia that we would not go to Baghdad
in Gulf War I in exchange for help with troops, bases
and money.

But ....

As you've seen with Tito and Saddam, once such
strong men disappear the country falls apart anyway.

You wonder what it took for them to make us
like their contributions to stability ???

Was it because we voyeurs of the news read no
headlines to make us pontificate about a seeming
lack of problems ?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Saddam did not just disappear and Iraq hasn't spontainiously just fallen apart, it has been systematically destroyed and its people murdered and enslaved by the Coalition of Greed and Evil led by the Great Satan.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Last time I checked, it was Iraqi's killing Falafels and Ice Vendors. Not Westerners. :roll:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Ahhh, nothing quite like FREEDOM eh??
I don't see what the problem is, as far as I understand, the "opressed Shia majority" under Saddam was opressed because they have rather extreme interpretations of their religion and how it applies to life...

I thought folks wanted Iraqis to be free, and you know, in a "democracy" majority usually rules- looks like they got the freedom everyone wanted them to have and are using it as they see fit- so WHAT if we in North America don't like it, it's what we wanted all along, isn't it?? Now big bad Saddam isn't ruling with his iron fist (which I am fully aware was the case, don't go telling me I think Saddam was all cakes and ice cream cos that is NOT my belief OR what I'm saying, just trying to beat the pointless copy-and-paste attacks which will inevitably follow this post since my logic here is irrefutable, if a bit simplified) the people of Iraq are FREE to do what they want, and from what I understand, a huge majority actually WANTS a muslim theocracy- so what is the solution, take the freedom given them BACK???

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
You'd be irrefutable assuming your definition of
democracy is accurate. Majority Rule is but one of
the least components of a functioning Democracy.

That concept was illustrated by civil rights in all
the major Western World democracies which safeguard against the tyranny of the majority.

Tyranny of the majority is NOT democracy.

But if it is, then your post is indeed irrefutable.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Re: RE: NO ICE FOR IRAQ

dekhqonbacha said:
An American is walking in the street of Dublin. A man points a gun from his back, and ask if he is Catholic.

He thinks, if I say, I'm Catholic he may turn out to be Protestant, or if I say, I'm Protestant he may turn out to be Catholic. He is in trouble.

After several second he say, "I'm Jew."

The man with gun laughs and says: "I must be the most luckiest Palestinian in Ireland."

Very funny.