The Empire Intelligence Test

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Say, Did Tony Snow Really Get a New Job?
Thank You, Fox News

By KONA LOWELL

A few years ago a study was conducted by the Program on International Policy (PIPA) at the University of Maryland and Knowledge Networks to gauge Americans' perceptions on the Iraq war and determine their degree of support for it. An amazing coincidence was found. It seems that those who relied on Fox News for their information were more likely to suffer from misperceptions than those who watched other networks! The polling revealed that 48% incorrectly believed that evidence of links between Iraq and al Qaeda had been proven, 22% that weapons of mass destruction were discovered in Iraq, and 25% swore on stacks of Bibles that world public opinion favored the US going to war with Iraq. In all, 60% of Fox viewers held fast to at least one of these three misperceptions.

As you can imagine, support for the war rose dramatically and proportionally according to the degree of misperception. And while I will fight to the death to preserve others' rights to be willfully--and even dangerously--ignorant, too much Fox News might be a bad thing. Here are some warning signs that it could be time to get your news elsewhere:

You firmly believe that Saddam Hussein personally flew one of the planes into the World Trade Center and parachuted out at the last second.

You believe that all the WMD were secretly shipped to Venezuela.

You believe that any country that begins with I-R-A must be bombed into a pre-Stone Age, radioactive pile of rubble, just to be on the safe side.

You believe this will cause the surviving inhabitants to love us.

You believe that Jesus, like democracy, can be delivered from 30,000 feet or in short, fully-automatic bursts.

Your find nothing unusual in a young, athletic woman suddenly dying alone in Joe Scarborough's office, after his premature resignation from Congress amid rumors of infidelity following his divorce. Happens all the time.

You would let Joe Scarborough date your sister.

You know more about missing white women than any of your friends.

You think Brit Hume is handsome.

You consider Fox to be living up to their motto, "Fair and Balanced" by allowing Alan Colmes to audit Hannity's lectures.

You think Alan Colmes is a liberal.

You have named your three children O'Reilly, Hannity and Cavuto. All three are girls.

You believe that war in Iraq has been a smashing success. You can't wait to watch other people fight the next one.

You believe George W. Bush is a direct descendant of Jesus Christ.

You think that Jesus could learn a thing or two from George.

You would go hunting with Dick Cheney.

You would go hunting and drinking with Dick Cheney.

You believe Helen Thomas is bin Laden's mother.

You cannot understand why "Orwellian" is considered a negative term.

You believe Ann Coulter is a voice of Christian compassion and reason and have a poster of her on your bedroom wall, wearing a leather bustier, thigh-high black boots and holding a whip while kicking a kitten.

You wish everyone would quit bullying O'Reilly, especially that Jew Al Franken.

You have removed the words "loofa" and "falafel" from your vocabulary. Okay, they were never really in your vocabulary, but if they were you would remove them.

You find the female Fox reporters extremely sexy. Something about whores with gravitas.

You believe that the Palestinians should go back to their own country.

You didn't notice that Tony Snow got a new job.

You believe Fox News is actually a branch of the United States government. You are right for once.

Kona Lowell is the author of The Solid Green Birthday and Other Fables and runs the Dolphin. He lives in Hawai'i and can be reached through his website: konalowell.com

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
It is totally normal darkbeaver, and it is not the american's fault, but more the media and governement,and here is the proof....

http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=8247

Special situation of the United States and Israel The ranking distinguishes behaviour at home and abroad in the cases of the United States and Israel. They are ranked in 31st and 44th positions respectively as regards respect for freedom of expression on their own territory, but they fall to the 135th and 146th positions as regards behaviour beyond their borders.

The Israeli army’s repeated abuses against journalists in the occupied territories and the US army’s responsibility in the death of several reporters during the war in Iraq constitute unacceptable behaviour by two nations that never stop stressing their commitment to freedom of expression.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
aeon said:
It is totally normal darkbeaver, and it is not the american's fault, but more the media and governement,and here is the proof....

Special situation of the United States and Israel The ranking distinguishes behaviour at home and abroad in the cases of the United States and Israel. They are ranked in 31st and 44th positions respectively as regards respect for freedom of expression on their own territory, but they fall to the 135th and 146th positions as regards behaviour beyond their borders.

The Israeli army’s repeated abuses against journalists in the occupied territories and the US army’s responsibility in the death of several reporters during the war in Iraq constitute unacceptable behaviour by two nations that never stop stressing their commitment to freedom of expression.

Aeon it is the fault of American's, you know that ignorance is no defence, it's thier country, it's phucked up they need to fix it before the world fixes it. I've heard all my life that it wasn't the fault of the American people but the fault of thier government well guess what, it's the dumb American people that elect rotten American governments. I won't be giving the shitheads any slack anymore they've had all thier going to get. They're not generous they're not kind they're not free they hate democracy and they're to phucking stupid to run the planet, screw them. :lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
darkbeaver said:
aeon said:

Aeon it is the fault of American's, you know that ignorance is no defence, it's thier country, it's phucked up they need to fix it before the world fixes it. I've heard all my life that it wasn't the fault of the American people but the fault of thier government well guess what, it's the dumb American people that elect rotten American governments. I won't be giving the shitheads any slack anymore they've had all thier going to get. They're not generous they're not kind they're not free they hate democracy and they're to phucking stupid to run the planet, screw them. :lol:

Perhaps you two jokers should askwhere the Palestinian Authority and Saddam's old Iraqi regime fell on your little list.............

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
it's thier country, it's phucked up they need to fix it before the world fixes it. I've heard all my life that it wasn't the fault of the American people but the fault of thier government well guess what, it's the dumb American people that elect rotten American governments.

I take it that Canadians like yourself do not benefit from the affluence that accrues to Canadians as a result of commerce and provison of raw materials to the US. Should you not be responsible for electing a government that engages this evil?

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
darkbeaver said:
aeon said:

Was it german peoples fault, when hitler decided to do his dirty tricks by invading europe based on lie and killling the jews?

No it wasnt, they were victims of genius propaganda, just like the americans are victims of.

That is my opinion.